Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by airtrainerkid

Valet
-If you got a New luxury vehicle don't be cheap sorry but its not excepted. Maybe$ 3 or more for reg valet is ok.
-If you want a spot up front PAY UP! Nothing should be upfront anyways it takes up space when the drive way gets busy.
-don't be a @##! because car will get the biz and WE WILL REMEMBER you, so see you next time or your car parked in public.
-Tipping when you first arrive makes thing alot better for you.
-At my place we NEVER STEAL we get paid good not to.
-The 89 Toyota just tiped$5 and the Benz said thank you= The older cars("middle class") give more tip then the rich
-Lots of upskirt action even  if you don't want it
roll.gif

-No offense but i did not think some Jewish people were really cheap till i got this job, were not asking for hand outs but damn.
-Yea i peeked at the celly or digi cam pics.
-Some of these expensive cars are`t really worth the $ all of em have Engine Lights on.
-Rich people are`t really as happy as they seem.
all for now.
Lot of good info, lot of common sense. I hate giving my car to valet because half the time those dudes suck at shifting or eat up the clutch.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

It's extremely easy to lie about your income to get an FHA mortgage.

Do you have any useful info on FHAs man? My dad is going to a workshop to hopefully apply soon. And we would def not be lying about low income. :Lol
As in he's going to a workshop to learn how to get an FHA loan or to learn how to get licensed to do FHA loans?

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

RedMan wrote:

shoeking2101 wrote:

KingSuperbIV wrote:

Man I am highly connected to music industry and I know everything about it ins and out.

The music industry is all interconnected. All of them down to the attorneys. You can even get a appointment with interscope unless you hire one of their attorneys. Check:
UMPG SUBMISSIONS POLICY

Universal Music Publishing Group policy does not accept unsolicited manuscripts, sound recordings, or any other materials. Our policy is to return all such materials unopened. In the event that your package is inadvertently opened by a member of our staff, we will not examine or review the material before returning it to you. If you are interested in having your material reviewed by UMPG creative staff, please establish a relationship with an attorney, manager, or record company executive with whom we have an ongoing business relationship. If you are a new or beginning writer, we suggest that you contact one of the following organizations may be able to help you identify additional opportunities:

There all interconnected all the music induistry is and they all invest in other side business with each other businesses.

Rappers dont make much at all. Peanuts. its funny how people think they have so much money. We probably have more free money then them.. If a artist do a show for say 125k, 20-25% of that going to manager, 20-25% going to taxes and maybe 10-15% kickback to record label. that doesnt leave to much for the artist... Also most artist only makes less then a $1 per cd. The more they sell the higher they get paid per cd. Its like in steps. Go gold then get $1.50 per cd go plat then get $2.50 per cd and so on...

The music industry is dirty. its really not worth getting into if your a rapper.

Also the music industry owns the radio stations so to speak, they control what is played and what not is played and when. I think its called BBDS. You have to pay like 20k for like maybe 40 spins on radio..Something like that.

I could go on and on. I know alot.   Best thing to do if you want to break into music biz first thing is to cop Attorney Joel A. Katz which is 10k retainer. You cant even talk to record companies without him and he is connected.

This. I be trying to tell these folks man. Labels/"higher ups" as my boy calls them pay for radio spins, etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. Dudes be Infitrating the game with money.

Does the industry see artist and labels like Rap A Lot, No Limit, Wiz Khalifa, Drake and Travis Porter as a threat? The aforementioned were able to establish a buzz with no push.

Drake? No Push? Hardly, he was being pushed heavy by Cash Money/Universal motown for awhile...

Travis Porter? No, not big enough. Haven't heard much nationally about them.

Wizzle? He was pushed as well...You can't get on the radio/mtv etc. w/o being pushed. I vividly remember drake saying this before him becoming big, that's why I'm almost positive he had some kind of push/backing.

And those labels I'm not sure.

I heard that that Rap A Lot, Death Row, and No Limit (i think it was NL) were thinking about creating their own distribution channels back in the 90's when people bought albums but the big labels saw what those three label were trying to do and in turn blackballed those three labels. Do you know if there is any truth to any of that?

Originally Posted by RedMan

RedMan wrote:

shoeking2101 wrote:

KingSuperbIV wrote:

Man I am highly connected to music industry and I know everything about it ins and out.

The music industry is all interconnected. All of them down to the attorneys. You can even get a appointment with interscope unless you hire one of their attorneys. Check:
UMPG SUBMISSIONS POLICY

Universal Music Publishing Group policy does not accept unsolicited manuscripts, sound recordings, or any other materials. Our policy is to return all such materials unopened. In the event that your package is inadvertently opened by a member of our staff, we will not examine or review the material before returning it to you. If you are interested in having your material reviewed by UMPG creative staff, please establish a relationship with an attorney, manager, or record company executive with whom we have an ongoing business relationship. If you are a new or beginning writer, we suggest that you contact one of the following organizations may be able to help you identify additional opportunities:

There all interconnected all the music induistry is and they all invest in other side business with each other businesses.

Rappers dont make much at all. Peanuts. its funny how people think they have so much money. We probably have more free money then them.. If a artist do a show for say 125k, 20-25% of that going to manager, 20-25% going to taxes and maybe 10-15% kickback to record label. that doesnt leave to much for the artist... Also most artist only makes less then a $1 per cd. The more they sell the higher they get paid per cd. Its like in steps. Go gold then get $1.50 per cd go plat then get $2.50 per cd and so on...

The music industry is dirty. its really not worth getting into if your a rapper.

Also the music industry owns the radio stations so to speak, they control what is played and what not is played and when. I think its called BBDS. You have to pay like 20k for like maybe 40 spins on radio..Something like that.

I could go on and on. I know alot.   Best thing to do if you want to break into music biz first thing is to cop Attorney Joel A. Katz which is 10k retainer. You cant even talk to record companies without him and he is connected.

This. I be trying to tell these folks man. Labels/"higher ups" as my boy calls them pay for radio spins, etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. Dudes be Infitrating the game with money.

Does the industry see artist and labels like Rap A Lot, No Limit, Wiz Khalifa, Drake and Travis Porter as a threat? The aforementioned were able to establish a buzz with no push.

Drake? No Push? Hardly, he was being pushed heavy by Cash Money/Universal motown for awhile...

Wizzle? He was pushed as well...You can't get on the radio/mtv etc. w/o being pushed. I vividly remember drake saying this before him becoming big, that's why I'm almost positive he had some kind of push/backing.

I heard that that Rap A Lot, Death Row, and No Limit (i think it was NL) were thinking about creating their own distribution channels back in the 90's when people bought albums but the big labels saw what those three label were trying to do and in turn blackballed those three labels. Do you know if there is any truth to any of that?

I wasn't around in the 90's s I'm too familar with death row, no limit, etc.

If you're in Baltimore, don't get a crabcake SUB. A sandwich is ok, just a regular crabcake is ok, but whatever you do,  DO NOT GET A CRABCAKE SUB.

tired.gif

Summer job
Ladies watch what you wear or what you "do" in a car with no tint. Truck drivers will look down
pimp.gif

ps: i dont drive im in the passenger seat. delivering product i shouldent say
wink.gif

RedMan wrote:

shoeking2101 wrote:

KingSuperbIV wrote:

UMPG SUBMISSIONS POLICY

I guess my point with those artist is the major labels had to scoop them up before other artist see/notice big labels are not needed anymore. Drake, TP, and Wiz all went on country wide tours without a major push. That should be a scary thing for major labels. With the internet and blogs being so popular artist do not need a lot of money to get their name out there. I'm not in the business it's just my observation as a fan of the business.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

most celebrities you meet are short. I'm 5'8 and tower over some of your favorite rappers

This. I can vouch because I remember seeing Nick Cannon a while back for a private birthday party. And he's pretty damn short (looks tall on tv though
laugh.gif
).

Selling your soul doesn't mean that Lucifer appeared with a contract you to sign in your in blood 
laugh.gif

IMO it's simply a compromise between being successful and your morals/beliefs. 

I guess an example would be Michael Jackson and the Jehovah's Witnesses. They had a divorce which began with the Thriller video and all of the symbolism revolving around the dead. Remember that disclaimer in the beginning of the video that said in no way does Michael endorse a belief in the occult"...so basically in order for Michael to reach that super-stardom that he did, he kinda had to participate in something that was completely against his religion. Now if the "higher ups" knew that and came up with the Thriller concept to break Michael that's another story...

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Selling your soul doesn't mean that Lucifer appeared with a contract you to sign in your in blood 
laugh.gif

IMO it's simply a compromise between being successful and your morals/beliefs. 

I guess an example would be Michael Jackson and the Jehovah's Witnesses. They had a divorce which began with the Thriller video and all of the symbolism revolving around the dead. Remember that disclaimer in the beginning of the video that said in no way does Michael endorse a belief in the occult"...so basically in order for Michael to reach that super-stardom that he did, he kinda had to participate in something that was completely against his religion. Now if the "higher ups" knew that and came up with the Thriller concept to break Michael that's another story...

My interpretation of "selling your soul" is when an artist has to do something that will "damage" their art.

Work in the produce industry -

I will not eat strawberries unless I grow them myself. Or they were older varieties and I know the farmer I bought them from.

The crap they put in them is unbelievable, and because of the way they grow strawberries absorb everything. A proper strawberry is not meant to be so big and bright red.

Oh FYI, America has the worst food safety procedures in regards to fresh produce I have ever seen, I am surprised there are not more salmonella and ecoli breakouts.

If you guys visit the Music forum on here, this has actually been said a million of times
laugh.gif

Library Page
-If you take a book off the shelf and forget where it goes put it on a cart with books that haven't been shelved yet.
-Librarians are very anti-social and about 90% have never been married.
-If you take a few books to a table to look at you're not checking them out leave them in a pile at the edge of the table so we can pick them up when we close.
-Books are germ infested. I've seen people cough and sneeze on them I even caught a guy trying to jerk off in one.

Cashier
-Always count your change. I've had my drawer over up to $20 dollars before.
-If you see we gave you more than we where supposed to we really appreciate if you give it back because if we're short by a certain amount we can get written up, investigated for theft, and even fired just for a simple mistake.
-If something rings up the wrong place let the cashier know and we can have the price changed.

Auto Parts
-If you want quality parts always go OEM. People think the dealer is crazy expensive but sometimes the price difference is only $20 to $30 dollars more.
-Don't call us for the price of bulbs, wiper blades, or anything like that it's just a waste of time.
-If you call and we put you on hold sorry but we don't have designated people to sit there and pick up phones we have customers in store to take care of first then we can get to your call.
-If you do call and want to know if we have a part available the best thing you can do is give us the part number it makes everything faster, then ask if we can make sure it's on the shelf, if we have it just put it on hold if we don't ask what other stores have it.
-If we don't have a part and another store does always ask them to call and make sure it's on the shelf. Sometimes the computer shows they have it in stock but when you get there it's missing so it saves you the trip. I'd also recommend you put it on hold.
-Always keep your receipt for parts you bought. We do have databases that holds the info but sometimes a small keying error will lose all your warranty information.
-Batteries, starters, alternators, and pretty much anything we can test has to test bad for us to swap it under warranty. We have machines that test it but if you insist the part is bad and throw a big enough fit we will swap it. It's just good customer service.
-Technically we're supposed to install batteries, light bulbs, wiper blades, and any small stuff on you're car for free of charge. But if you're a man and can't do any of these on your own we talk so much stuff about you and try to avoid it as much as possible. I've had men come in there that even asked females to do some of these instillations. Unless there's something pyschically wrong with you we shouldn't be doing this and I really don't recommend you let us since most of the time we have no clue what we're doing.
-We just sell parts we're not mechanics so we don't know whats wrong with your car.
-We have OBD II scanners for check engine lights. In NY it's illegal for us to delete it so don't ask and even if we do do it the lights gonna come back on since you didn't fix what's wrong with the car.
-Things you should know about you're car is obviously year, make, and model trust me I've had people come in there and say "I have a buick." when asked what kind they say "A blue one". Engine size and type. Some manufactures like Ford with the Taurus make about 5 different 3.0's which mean possibly 5 different parts. 2WD, 4WD, FWD, or AWD.
-We have tools to let you borrow with every tool imaginable except the one you need. My recommendation is buy a cheap tool set with a few sockets, have the wrench you need to take out your battery, some gloves, rag or paper towels, philips and flat head screw driver, any tool to remove your tail light or headlights, adjustable wrench, and flashlight.
-Familiarize yourself with your car as in taking out the battery, changing the bulbs, and wiper blades since chances are you're gonna be changing these in bad weather.

the whole gay rapper *%+%...believe what you want. people exaggerate *%+% so much, now with all these "bloggers" everywhere there's always someone trying to be THAT person to break a story, so they're reporting false *%+% that becomes heavily rumored. some dudes nowadays are like +%%%$@@ the way they talk...

as far as HIGHER UPS being gay, well yeah, most higher ups are either gay or jewish. that's Hollywood for you though...

oh, and apparently Wiz has had Atlantic behind him as far back as this spring, but they waited on announcing the signing because what looks better to the fans, an indie artist going on these tours or someone signed, someone who the fans consider THEIR artist...

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

getting paid by the government to be a failure is actually pretty awesome

you're pretty pathetic to be collecting unemployment,you're just a failing college student. this chick got rolls my dudes. nt is gassed up. NYC you already know... I know. 

Do you have any useful info on FHAs man? My dad is going to a workshop to hopefully apply soon. And we would def not be lying about low income. :Lol
As in he's going to a workshop to learn how to get an FHA loan or to learn how to get licensed to do FHA loans?

My bad, to apply for a loan.

My bad, to apply for a loan.
We were a small operation churning out 60-130 loans a month so it can't be that hard to get a loan
laugh.gif
.  I would tell your dad to shop around different lending institutions.  Since FHA simply insures the loans rather than provides the funding different companies will still offer different FHA-insured loan rates.  Also if at all possible tell him to get a loan from either a local company or a large national company with local offices so that if need be he can actually talk to someone.  We serviced loans from Tennessee to Virginia to Florida and you can tell there's a stress level from the clients who have no access to the lenders other than phone calls.  Plus when dealing with a lender from out of the region you essentially open your SSN to whoever wants it, can't tell you how many times I would go to the fax machine and there would be stacks of faxes covered with SSN's, birth-dates, etc. that sometimes I would forget to throw in the shredder and would just sometimes throw in the trash.   Your dad can look at this HUD database that allows him to see the maximum mortgage amount that the FHA will back in his county/city/town/etc. http://banking.about.com/...dapp/html/hicostlook.cfm
Also it's recommended that your credit score be above 600 to make sure that an FHA loan will even allow for you to get a reasonably lower interest rate.  You can get an FHA-loan with a terrible credit score but your payments will likely end up being the exact same as a traditional big-firm mortgage.  He should look up PMI loans too because with an FHA loan there's a required upfront insurance premium which can be higher than what he's looking to pay.  If your dad has enough for closing costs, a solid down payment, and has a steady income then there's no real benefit for getting an FHA loan.

Hope some of this stuff helped, I may have just been rambling.
laugh.gif
  Feel free to PM me any further questions I'll see if I can answer them.

More to add to the post:
-Constantly check your accounts to make sure your identity wasn't stolen.  I was 16 and had access to the FHA/HUD database which had the SSN to every person to have gotten a FHA loan or to have been a surety on a loan in the country over the last 20-25 years even if the loan had been paid off or defaulted already.
-Some HUD officers carry guns
laugh.gif
. I remember when they came to our offices and showed us their badges and I could see they had a lil' sum'n on their hip. Like in case our president decided he didn't want our records touched there might be a Wild Wild West gun showdown.
-Government contractors are the best jobs in the world. Worked for one over the summer. You get paid for everything. Got paid for orientation, training, lunch meetings where our food was already paid for, getting military ID's, the time it took us to drive to get our military ID's, and best of all for not taking medical insurance I've been paid over $1,000 so far.
-Highly reputable govn. contractors don't play with the confidentiality. They really can't tell you anything.  I would walk down the wrong hallway at work and be stuck because every door requires a different security card. Whenever I left my desk I would have to lock my computer and put all my paperwork in a drawer, even if I was just running to the bathroom.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

getting paid by the government to be a failure is actually pretty awesome

you're pretty pathetic to be collecting unemployment,you're just a failing college student. this chick got rolls my dudes. nt is gassed up. NYC you already know... I know. 
damn son.

you are mad.

that's pathetic

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by crobers 78

If you ship Fedex(old gig):

Expect pkg to get searched

Expect pkg with money (cash) to get stolen or intercepted by the Sheriffs(K9'S)

Little to no dope will get through unless they are watching the courier to make a bust and/or build evidence (once again K9'S). My neighboring Courier was stealing dope money from drug dealers for years. He mainly got caught because he came to work flashing new whips and runnin his mouth about exotic trips. They set him up with a pkg filled with over $60k cash n he took the bait (took $10k)...soon as he drove out of station, sheriffs sewed him up.
30t6p3b.gif
 Cold part is dude's wife was a cop.
indifferent.gif

Expect whatever you ship to be seriously mishandled (yeah i know the lil sweet lady at the counter fooled ya into thinkin it was safe but boy when it hits the Ramp/HUB...well)

Most veteran couriers knows who ships what in what pkgs so J's, Gucci. LV. Rolex. etc etc are spotted immediately by them and it seriously is up to the courier and if they want to keep their job if you actually receive your pkg.

Damn near every pkg goes to Memphis first

Shaunie O'neal (Shaq's Ex) definitely likes her some young meat
wink.gif

Anything else just ask
THIS IS TRUE. MAN THE STORIES I COULD TELL ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AT THE FEDEX HEADQUARTERS HUB IN MEMPHIS. GOT ME SCARED TO SHIP ANYTHING OF IMPORTANCE THROUGH THE MAIL. I WORKED AT FEDEX IN COLLEGE, MY FATHER WORKED AT FEDEX FOR A BIT. DAMN NEAR EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN MEMPHIS HAS WORKED AT FEDEX AT SOME POINT LOL.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

- Stuff in places you'll never see in your car gets broken when it goes in for repair sometimes(not often). The tech will try to replace or fix it. 95% of the time its nothing you will notice later.
- Coming in for something that you know will take a long time but you want it done soon adds unnecessary stress to the tech if the adviser processes the repair order.
- If you're coming in for anything to do with tires or suspension please leave your lug lock key in a easy to find place. Better yet the glove compartment.
- You may get your car back with a long list of things that the tech recommended be repaired. Ive seen customers get furious and feel like we're trying to take advantage
laugh.gif
but if anything...look it over and save up for the most important ones. Oh and bring back the RO so the same tech gets it.
- Maybe I already mentioned this but most alignment places will just check to see if you're toe is in spec and send you on your way lol. See who or what shop is well known in your area and go there. Specify you want all three checked. For those that dont know you have to see if the toe, camber, and caster are all in spec
- Just because you drive a new car doesnt mean its not a piece of *#!$ mechanically
laugh.gif

- Battery services are *+%$%@+!
-Throttle and induction services are debatable
- GM dealerships have a guy(s) that are specialized technicians for corvettes.

And now I have a question..do any of you get mad/annoyed when the person didn't put the seat back to how it was?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom