Post Your Beard. Vol: #Beardgang

Any tips for filling in patchy areas? I've been growing mine out for a couple months now and my side burns grow out way more than my chin and have a lot of patches in between. Is there a method or is this just genetics? 

Any tips for filling in patchy areas? I've been growing mine out for a couple months now and my side burns grow out way more than my chin and have a lot of patches in between. Is there a method or is this just genetics? 
genetics sir.....i've been growing for a little over a year and my patches disappeared around the 6-8 month mark....at first just my chin was rowing , but at this point my cheeks are trying to catch up....i kept comparing my growth to other folks and realized that:

1. as a black man since our hair is curly you can have the same length as someone else and not noice.

2. since our hair is curly be careful over combing/brushing. (split ends, breakage)

3. got to keep it moisturized, but know yoour oils since some clog pores

4. patience, is a virtue

Came in to drop this piece of knowledge in case yall didn't know this, for those struggling with growing their beard-

Your first beard or two will not be your best. In fact, each beard you grow and shave will be better than the last. My recommendation for those struggling with getting a full beard or the beard you want, grow it for a couple of months and shave it until it grows in better.

The beard grows in a "comes back stronger" type of way, so the more you shave, let it grow, shave, let it grow, etc. it will be a better, more full, longer, and nicer beard.

My beard now looks great IMO, but this is like my 3rd or 4th beard. I'm finally getting it to the length I wanted and it's red af in sunlight so teh wimminz always ask if I dye it which is a good convo starter :smokin

Just thought I'd share, Happy Friday to the bearded NTers out there. Let the haters hate on the beard 8)

Also IMO it's never been out of style, and never will be.. beards have been around forever.

Came in to drop this piece of knowledge in case yall didn't know this, for those struggling with growing their beard-

Your first beard or two will not be your best. In fact, each beard you grow and shave will be better than the last. My recommendation for those struggling with getting a full beard or the beard you want, grow it for a couple of months and shave it until it grows in better.

The beard grows in a "comes back stronger" type of way, so the more you shave, let it grow, shave, let it grow, etc. it will be a better, more full, longer, and nicer beard.

My beard now looks great IMO, but this is like my 3rd or 4th beard. I'm finally getting it to the length I wanted and it's red af in sunlight so teh wimminz always ask if I dye it which is a good convo starter :smokin

While I applaud your good vibes, this is just a testament to your genetics. Your beard growth has nothing to do with how many times you shave it, grow it out, and shave it. Congrats though on you having the beard you've strived for.

Someone please point me in the direction of a good water-based beard balm + mustache wax.

Thank you.

Also, I traditionally used the same shampoo for my hair on my beard. Do ya'll use a separate shampoo for ya'll beards?

My Grandfather
And My Dad never had and couldn't grow a full beard
Not even a goatee just the little hair under the lip

Is there hope for me?

Early 20s
I'm trying to get my wild man on

What's your current facial hair (or lack thereof) situation?
The regular duck tail under the lip

Cheeks is baby smooth

But underneath the chin it's literally 5 little hairs

Sideburns..... It's sad so I'd rather not mention those

But the mustach is good to go

View media item 2008137
This picture is a perfect example

The regular duck tail under the lip

Cheeks is baby smooth

But underneath the chin it's literally 5 little hairs

Sideburns..... It's sad so I'd rather not mention those

But the mustach is good to go

This picture is a perfect example
I don't like the odds given your age.

I'm almost 26 and my beard has definitely gotten thicker in the last couple years, but I've also been able to grow a non-creepy looking one since I was ~18.

A lot of my family can grow serious beards though, might be a factor you can't overcome.

Guess I'm not the only one. Mine is only red around the chin area.

I've been rocking the short ("Drake") beard for the past few months.

I don't like the odds given your age.

I'm almost 26 and my beard has definitely gotten thicker in the last couple years, but I've also been able to grow a non-creepy looking one since I was ~18.

A lot of my family can grow serious beards though, might be a factor you can't overcome.

Thanks fam |I
I can always dream though

Thanks fam
tired.gif

I can always dream though
You can still try various methods people use to stimulate growth - everybody should be able to flourish with a beard if they want one 
pimp.gif

I get random red hairs in my beard too. Wonder why that happens.

Last edited:
I get random red hairs in my beard too. Wonder why that happens.

Same reason I have some grey in my hair...........

:smh: :frown:

Yeah I've heard that the red eventually goes white, but idc.

Found out my genetics trace back to Vikings blood, would explain the red beard and the style that my beard grows in.

Recently had it cleaned up at The Art of Shaving, Beard Barber knew exactly what he was doing. It looks 10x better, a bit shorter but hopefully now it'll grow back a bit more even.

This is my second beard and May 1st I'll be 5 months in. My first one I grew for 6 months before shaving it so I want to keep this one for a whole year and see where I can get it...

That's a terrible picture but based on it looks like you just might not grow hair in that spot

Up close there are smaller hairs they just don't seem to grow... Last time I grew my beard it was the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom