Post Your Beard. Vol: #Beardgang

I just started using it, been using about 4 drops once or twice a day. Haven't had any breakouts so far. I tried just using coconut oil before that a few times and had a breakout every time. The beard oil I got doesn't have it in it either btw.

Last edited:
Absolutely no truth to this at all. It's all genetics whether you can grow facial hair or not. Losing the hair on your head has no connection to the ability to grow hair elsewhere.

I never said people who are bald or balding can grow beards easily. Your testorone andnthe amount of dht plays a role

Thats not true tho... I been rocking a full beard since 18/19 and i had a crispy line up back then. Still somewhat decent now although one of my corners is starting to fade. Beard still how it was back then

dont waste your time, let them believe what they want
Some of us here are actually educated and for the record; my brother is a Geneticist and him and I have discussed this topic to no end. I enjoy a good laugh at all of the wives tales and just flat out misinformation that I read in here though.

Some of us here are actually educated and for the record; my brother is a Geneticist and him and I have discussed this topic to no end. I enjoy a good laugh at all of the wives tales and just flat out misinformation that I read in here though.
so is it true about your mothers side and hair lost?

I hate when I'm growing my **** out and get the perfect thickness and my barber cuts my **** too thin. I'm about to just get cuts from him and line my beard up myself.

I know this feel. Cut my beard off plenty of times because I left the barber's chair with a glorified chin strap :x .

I hate when I'm growing my **** out and get the perfect thickness and my barber cuts my **** too thin. I'm about to just get cuts from him and line my beard up myself.
Man this happened to me last week. Barber made my mustache too damn skinny. I told him I wanted full/bushy. Trim the stray hairs only, dude proceeded to cut it close to my skin. I was pissed. Ish growing good now. I learned my lesson..don't let em mess with my beard. Period. I need a tutorial btw

I've made the mistake of letting a barber trim my beard. Went in and asked him to just even it out and get the stray hairs. He starts and It immediately didn't feel right. I turned my head to look in the mirror and I could see skin. Immediately jumped out the chair , cussed him out and left.

Clippers + Andis t outliner.
Use the clippers to take down the neck & t outliners to line it up & get closer under the neck.

Clippers + Andis t outliner.
Use the clippers to take down the neck & t outliners to line it up & get closer under the neck.

Pretty much this plus a razor. My facial hair thick so t-blade or clippers not gonna get the job done under the neck

Last edited:
So you guys use a regular razor? I been using a double edge safety razor for a couple years now. Just wondering what everybody uses. Do you go for sharp edges or a more natural edge?

Last edited:
So you guys use a regular razor? I been using a double edge safety razor for a couple years now. Just wondering what everybody uses. Do you go for sharp edges or a more natural edge?

I use a regular razor. Dont have confidence in myself to use a straight blade (got nerve damage in my hand so im shook ill slice myself). I prefer the sharp edge myself.

I use a regular razor. Dont have confidence in myself to use a straight blade (got nerve damage in my hand so im shook ill slice myself). I prefer the sharp edge myself.

I'd like to eventually start using a straight razor, I lack the confidence in myself to do it just yet though. Plus I'm not a patient man lol.

Started getting my beard lined up with threading instead of the straight edge.

Just a disclaimer though don't do this if you're going deeper than the actual highest part where your beard line is, or the hair will grow thinner from the chunks you remove where your full beard grows.

Doesn't come out as crisp, but I don't care about that. Comes out clean enough and I like that it lasts longer and weakens the unwanted hairs instead of growing back thick stubble within a few days.

Last edited:
Started getting my beard lined up with threading instead of the straight edge.

Just a disclaimer though don't do this if you're going deeper than the actual highest part where your beard line is, or the hair will grow thinner from the chunks you remove where your full beard grows.

Doesn't come out as crisp, but I don't care about that. Comes out clean enough and I like that it lasts longer and weakens the unwanted hairs instead of growing back thick stubble within a few days.
What brand romper you rocking this summer?

I'd like to eventually start using a straight razor, I lack the confidence in myself to do it just yet though. Plus I'm not a patient man lol.
i was like 14-15 when i first used a straight edge. 

horror story #1 : the blade slipped and flipped in my hand as i was shaping my stash (at that age i had a stash but nothing else) and i sliced the bottom of my nose open. 

ever since then i have a phobia of anything touching my nose. (the one connective part in between the nostrils was leaking for a few until i got it under control)

i slowly but surley gained confidence and experience and now 10+ years later im pretty nice with it. 

the following is going to be some hood *** advice but its cheap and will get the job done. 

eventually youll want to be in the "art of shaving" world. 

pointers if you feel gully and want to give it a shot:

hot towel! - get your water steaming hot, run a towel under neath it. after applying your oils put the towel on your face. what this does is softens your facial hair and makes it easier for the blade... its like hot knife through butter. the less tug from corse hair the cleaner the line. 

oils! - get some good natural oil for your skin.. shea moisture products are my go to. 

hot lather! - if you dont want to get fancy just take some shaving cream put some in a cap and fill your sink with hot water, put the cap in the water for a couple moments and it should be decent enough. if you have the funds (and yes it worth it) buy some gadgets. 

Mirrors -  never enough mirrors, you want your lines to be crisp from every angle.. once your comfortable youll be fine with just the one your facing. 

youll cut your self a million times, its cool. run some cold water on the cuts and try again. 

if youre not comfortable with it a regular double blade bic or gillete razor will do the job. 

also buy an andis styleliner or t liner.. if youre not nice with those buy a wahl peanut.

-------------------

as far as my beard, i let it grow every few months, it gets annoying so i usually cut it off. 

one side of my face is perfect the other side has some natural patches prob not as noticeable as they are to me but its always bothered me. 

i also have a lot of different colored hairs in my beard. black, reds, browns, blonde. 

wild as hell lol. 

i was like 14-15 when i first used a straight edge. 

horror story #1 : the blade slipped and flipped in my hand as i was shaping my stash (at that age i had a stash but nothing else) and i sliced the bottom of my nose open. 
ever since then i have a phobia of anything touching my nose. (the one connective part in between the nostrils was leaking for a few until i got it under control)

i slowly but surley gained confidence and experience and now 10+ years later im pretty nice with it. 
the following is going to be some hood *** advice but its cheap and will get the job done. 
eventually youll want to be in the "art of shaving" world. 

pointers if you feel gully and want to give it a shot:

hot towel! - get your water steaming hot, run a towel under neath it. after applying your oils put the towel on your face. what this does is softens your facial hair and makes it easier for the blade... its like hot knife through butter. the less tug from corse hair the cleaner the line. 

oils! - get some good natural oil for your skin.. shea moisture products are my go to. 

hot lather! - if you dont want to get fancy just take some shaving cream put some in a cap and fill your sink with hot water, put the cap in the water for a couple moments and it should be decent enough. if you have the funds (and yes it worth it) buy some gadgets. 

Mirrors -  never enough mirrors, you want your lines to be crisp from every angle.. once your comfortable youll be fine with just the one your facing. 

youll cut your self a million times, its cool. run some cold water on the cuts and try again. 

if youre not comfortable with it a regular double blade bic or gillete razor will do the job. 
also buy an andis styleliner or t liner.. if youre not nice with those buy a wahl peanut.

-------------------

as far as my beard, i let it grow every few months, it gets annoying so i usually cut it off. 
one side of my face is perfect the other side has some natural patches prob not as noticeable as they are to me but its always bothered me. 
i also have a lot of different colored hairs in my beard. black, reds, browns, blonde. 
wild as hell lol. 

:lol: i have the same thing with the diff colored hairs. My hairs black but but theres brown and red in my beard.

I'm a master with the double edge razor.
I could shave my girls joint with one I'm so nice.

My days of having crisp lines is over though. I don't shave anything but the lip line and when I shave the head with clippers I touch up the sideburns and neck/jawline.

When I shave my cheeks I will shape the inner sideburns but again that is done with the shaving razor. It seems perfect every time. Then I hit the nose and unibrow middle with the shaving razor and voila, finito!

Back
Top Bottom