Post your beliefs on how everything came to be

SiMPLYDiMPLY
pimp.gif

HOW the frick should I know? I'm just a little bacteria living on this mud ball Earth, I still don't know how I came to do let alone the WHOLE universe(if there is only one). If you do have "firm" beliefs on how "everything" came to be, slap your self in the face. Nothing's absolute...that is all.

P.S. What really boggles my mind is what if our solar system is lets say a little neighborhood etc.

So there was dinasours a big rock came and blew everything up, then we came and we either monkeys or something else.. I'm confused.. Doesn't make sense how we've been taught these different things and none of them are actual fact.. Makes me wonder who's going to find out how we got here? where do we come from? how were we made? And when they do find out how will that knowledge change the world? Is finding that truth what every one is looking for? Lol so many questions we'll never run out.. Its impossible to find the truth..

HOW the frick should I know? I'm just a little bacteria living on this mud ball Earth, I still don't know how I came to do let alone the WHOLE universe(if there is only one). If you do have "firm" beliefs on how "everything" came to be, slap your self in the face. Nothing's absolute...that is all.

P.S. What really boggles my mind is what if our solar system is lets say a little neighborhood etc.

So there was dinasours a big rock came and blew everything up, then we came and we either monkeys or something else.. I'm confused.. Doesn't make sense how we've been taught these different things and none of them are actual fact.. Makes me wonder who's going to find out how we got here? where do we come from? how were we made? And when they do find out how will that knowledge change the world? Is finding that truth what every one is looking for? Lol so many questions we'll never run out.. Its impossible to find the truth..

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

Not that important for Philosophy's sake imo. It is important for Science's sake but only because if you know how something was created you can re-create it or alter it to your liking.

The only sure thing is; it's not as simple as an all encompassing being creating everything. Who created god then?
But it is.

First, I think the concept of God is relied upon too much to explain creation. I don't believe some God created the universe. I have a few involved theories, I think I've explained them before, so I won't do that again right now. I'll just say that there are logic-tricks to getting to certain conclusions.
But it's not.

I don't understand people's fascination with this (except for scientists who have an end goal). It's a rhetorical question because it can't be answered. Written human history doesn't go back nearly that far and there would be no way to tell through physical evidence the true beginning. It's all speculation.

i know people are quick to dismiss religion. but if you think bout it. what was there, how it come. No one person knows the answers, why religion is very plausible.

Religion works because it preys on human insecurities and fears. Sometimes the answer "just because" is satisfactory.
The funny thing is, when one questions the dogma of religions, he's given the answer, "just because".
laugh.gif

Science works for Athiests in the exact same way. It also prays on those exact insecurities and fears religious people have. They use science to convince themselves they won't go to hell for not believing in a god. 

Not that important for Philosophy's sake imo. It is important for Science's sake but only because if you know how something was created you can re-create it or alter it to your liking.

The only sure thing is; it's not as simple as an all encompassing being creating everything. Who created god then?
But it is.

First, I think the concept of God is relied upon too much to explain creation. I don't believe some God created the universe. I have a few involved theories, I think I've explained them before, so I won't do that again right now. I'll just say that there are logic-tricks to getting to certain conclusions.
But it's not.

I don't understand people's fascination with this (except for scientists who have an end goal). It's a rhetorical question because it can't be answered. Written human history doesn't go back nearly that far and there would be no way to tell through physical evidence the true beginning. It's all speculation.

i know people are quick to dismiss religion. but if you think bout it. what was there, how it come. No one person knows the answers, why religion is very plausible.

Religion works because it preys on human insecurities and fears. Sometimes the answer "just because" is satisfactory.
The funny thing is, when one questions the dogma of religions, he's given the answer, "just because".
laugh.gif

Science works for Athiests in the exact same way. It also prays on those exact insecurities and fears religious people have. They use science to convince themselves they won't go to hell for not believing in a god. 

But it is.

But it's not.

laugh.gif

It is important, I promise.

Metaphysics is a pretty big field in philosophy. I know because A) I'm a philsophy student and B) I'm around philosophers who work with this stuff all the time.
Just because you don't understand people's fascination with metaphysics doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile for others to explain how things, how universal facts, obtained. I mean, I think you even mentioned that there is potential use to discovering what creationism really is (science can replicate it if it is known). It seems you think there is an importance to metaphysics, but you don't see how we can reach a true understanding of metaphysics. That's the challenge. That's why there are philosphers who devote their lives to this stuff (like me) and there are skeptics who we try to convince certain things are true and possible (like you).

But it is.

But it's not.

laugh.gif

Metaphysics is a pretty big field in philosophy. I know because A) I'm a philsophy student and B) I'm around philosophers who work with this stuff all the time.
Just because you don't understand people's fascination with metaphysics doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile for others to explain how things, how universal facts, obtained. I mean, I think you even mentioned that there is potential use to discovering what creationism really is (science can replicate it if it is known). It seems you think there is an importance to metaphysics, but you don't see how we can reach a true understanding of metaphysics. That's the challenge. That's why there are philosphers who devote their lives to this stuff (like me) and there are skeptics who we try to convince certain things are true and possible (like you).

But it is.

But it's not.

laugh.gif

Great post. The hardcore atheist/scientists who completely dismiss metaphysics always get me. You're doing yourself a great intellectual disservice by simplifying everything to "ehh.. we'll never know."

There are some valid questions about the nature of our existence that everyone should be asking.

Hyper Cutter, if no one else is interested in hearing your views, I certainly am. I don't think I've ever seen a metaphysics/ontology discussion on NT.. would like to hear what people think.

But it is.

But it's not.

laugh.gif

Great post. The hardcore atheist/scientists who completely dismiss metaphysics always get me. You're doing yourself a great intellectual disservice by simplifying everything to "ehh.. we'll never know."

There are some valid questions about the nature of our existence that everyone should be asking.

Hyper Cutter, if no one else is interested in hearing your views, I certainly am. I don't think I've ever seen a metaphysics/ontology discussion on NT.. would like to hear what people think.

Everything came from the future. Where did the future come from? The present. The Past is an Idea and the "beginning" hasnt been thought of yet. Gone.........

Everything came from the future. Where did the future come from? The present. The Past is an Idea and the "beginning" hasnt been thought of yet. Gone.........

Oh yeah.. I like this thread... Should bring forward some progressive thinking. Maybe we'll figure this out...
Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif
Spoiler [+]
Just playing, maybe we will. Sike. I just like this kind of conversation.
Spoiler [+]
alien.gif

spoiler [+]  
Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

SiMPLYDiMPLY
pimp.gif

sick.gif

Oh yeah.. I like this thread... Should bring forward some progressive thinking. Maybe we'll figure this out...
Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif
Spoiler [+]
Just playing, maybe we will. Sike. I just like this kind of conversation.
Spoiler [+]
alien.gif

spoiler [+]  
Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

SiMPLYDiMPLY
pimp.gif

sick.gif

I have no %$*%#!# clue, but, if there is something, it's nothing that man could comprehend (yet or ever).

Back
Top Bottom