\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Some HRE's or ADV1's on that bad boy and you're set! What made you go with the hybrid and not the turbo?

Probably ADV.1's most likely because my shop is sponsored by them and gets killer deals.

Would have LOVED to get the turbo or even an M5, but I commute 100 miles per day for work and it wouldn't make sense for me. Even dailying the 911 for the last month, I was putting gas in it every 2-3 days. The turbos also tend to have more issues, and to be honest, I wouldn't use the speed during my normal course of the day. I have socal traffic to deal with unfortunately. The S Hybrid is by no means slow, it definitely whoops my Infiniti G that I had previously with ease.

This is the first gas efficient car i've ever owned. It trips me out, when I took that pic the car had 3/4 tank and the range was showing as 489 miles to empty. :x :pimp:

I think if I need to go fast, I'll just bring out the carrera.

Last edited:
Some HRE's or ADV1's on that bad boy and you're set! What made you go with the hybrid and not the turbo?

Probably ADV.1's most likely because my shop is sponsored by them and gets killer deals.

Would have LOVED to get the turbo or even an M5, but I commute 100 miles per day for work and it wouldn't make sense for me. Even dailying the 911 for the last month, I was putting gas in it every 2-3 days. The turbos also tend to have more issues, and to be honest, I wouldn't use the speed during my normal course of the day. I have socal traffic to deal with unfortunately. The S Hybrid is by no means slow, it definitely whoops my Infiniti G that I had previously with ease.

This is the first gas efficient car i've ever owned. It trips me out, when I took that pic the car had 3/4 tank and the range was showing as 489 miles to empty. :x :pimp:

Since you're putting on those kinds of miles on a daily basis a hybrid is a necessity, as long as it isn't a prius. :lol: ADV1's are a great choice! Seen a few around here with them they look awesome!

Heres some before..after and during my build. so some parts werent installed yet..

Carbon!!!
So beautiful. You've got great taste

any particular reason you got a porsche as a dailey driver?
I know you said you go 100+ miles a day but poor porsche :lol:
you could have gotten something cheaper that fits the needs imo

any particular reason you got a porsche as a dailey driver?
I know you said you go 100+ miles a day but poor porsche :lol:
you could have gotten something cheaper that fits the needs imo

Lol, I rationalized it by telling myself that if i'm gonna be driving 2 hours a day it had to be something that inspired confidence and felt very comfortable.

My way of thinking is this, I spend a lot of time in my bed, in my shoes and in my car. So I gotta make sure all three are top notch, I think i've just been pretty lucky/blessed. Perhaps in the future I will lease something to really just beat up. If I could get an i3 BMW for 200/mo I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm still waiting on the 18k from my insurance company from totalling my last car.

Last edited:

Seems like the Hybrid was the perfect car for you... Great choice...

havent washed my whip since the summer.

idk if i should wash it this week or nah

the engine bay has hella dirt and dried up mud too.

hate cleaning the engine gets me all paranoid ill damage something

I'm probably every 2 weeks during the summer, once a month otherwise. It really bugs me driving a dirty car.

dam i wash my whip like every other month :lol:
I'm probably every 2 weeks during the summer, once a month otherwise. It really bugs me driving a dirty car.
havent washed my whip since the summer.

idk if i should wash it this week or nah

the engine bay has hella dirt and dried up mud too.

hate cleaning the engine gets me all paranoid ill damage something

I wash mine every Sunday! Haha I can't stand a dirty car .

Would you guys recommend paint sealant or wax? Or both?

How much does a full detail job usually cost?

Last edited:
that brz has too much CF in the wrong places for me the rear diffuser needs to be CF bad

n i thought me washing my car was alot dudes in here washing it like 2+ times a month :lol:

that brz has too much CF in the wrong places for me the rear diffuser needs to be CF bad

n i thought me washing my car was alot dudes in here washing it like 2+ times a month :lol:

Funny how u say that.. i had a seibon diffuser ready for install and I got rid of the car before I could do anything. As far as the torque? Lol. No longer have the car. And cf in wrong places? Hood and Trunk?

eh im just not a fan of CF hoods n trunks so yeah to each his own but that huge plastic diffuser was a sight for sore eyes around all that CF :lol:

what car you got now and was the front lip CF?

Last edited:
eh im just not a fan of CF hoods n trunks so yeah to each his own but that huge plastic diffuser was a sight for sore eyes around all that CF :lol:

what car you got now and was the front lip CF?

I feel u. I got a 15 is350 f sport now. Posted several pics in thread already. The diffuser was the stock one so it was whatever at the time. The front lip WAS carbon. Cracked it and put a abs one on there for the time being. Sold the car before I got it repaired. Parted all and sold individually

Driving from 1st to 3rd sucks :lol:

I can get it into 2nd but I have to move the stick from 1st to 2nd fast. 4th is easy to get in, but 2nd and especially revers is NOT happening. :lol:

I dont expect these problems with Civic's...

Being a honda/Acura guy for many moons it Sounds like a bad syncro but I saw something about you recently installed a short shifter? If so I would play with whatever adjustments you can on that thing before going anyfurther. I've noticed if there too tight and it's very notchy and hard to get into gear smooth. Could be outta ****** fluid also..Mmm only time I couldn't get into reverse ever was when I drove through a flooded area and I assume water got into the bell housing..shortly after I parked it for about 8 hours and when I came back to drive I fought trying to get in rev like over n over n over. Finally popped and when it did there was a sort of bang.

Will try and look into the SS today. It was a pain in the *** to put on, kinda half assed the install to be honest. My radio also shuts off for a second (sometimes my power steering wil shut off for a second) during a hard u turn or during side street parking. Not all the time but it usually happens after the cars been running for a bit.

Synchros are expensive to fix, no?

Back
Top Bottom