\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Out of curiosity, do most of ya'll that have recent year luxury vehicles (Audi, BMW, Mercedes specifically) in this thread lease? Or did ya'll finance? :nerd:

-Drew

I would say from experience and from most of the people I know.... Lease

When it comes to Luxury vehicles and their depreciation...most lease to avoid being under water down the road/yet have a dope ride.. This is not the case with all vehicles tho...some cars do hold their value quite a bit.. For example.. Some M3s...and Definitely the M4 will hold their value quite high imo. If for some reason I am wrong and 3yrs down the road they are worth crap I can simply get something different and not take the hit :smokin

If I see the value being pretty steady, I can always trade it in somewhere and cop something else.. It is a Win Win for me.

Lexus surprisingly did drop in value quite a bit even considering the killer deal I got. I was very disappointed.. But at the end of the day LEASE transfers to exist and you lose nothing but your deposit unless you can negotiate that with the new lease applicant to be paid... there is a lot of ways of breaking even and not losing a penny. You just have to be patient and take the time to gather up information. The more educated you are in this, the more it will save you monthly and long term.

I appreciate the input, brother.

Reason being, I'm going to be in the market for a new car in the next year or so and just looking at my options.

I'm interested in buying the car since I would really like to keep it for the next 5 years but I would love to know the pros and cons of leasing as well.

If I were to finance a vehicle, I was looking at a 2015 Evo, 2016 WRX (or Sti if they switch to the FA20DIT), or an Audi S3.

But I feel like if I just lease the vehicle, I'd have more options to look at. :nerd:

-Drew

EVO's are being discontinued.

Should finance now if you really like that car.

True bro. The 2015 is supposed to be the last year.

-Drew

From the lease or from owning?

well.. When you finance you have the BIG number to worry about..

when you lease...after 3 years.. REGARDLESS of the cars value you already have a set price you can cop for.. for example

MSRP is 75k
Residual (what you can buy it for in 3yrs) 48k after your 3 yr lease

What if at year #3 the car is worth 50k? You just gained 2k if you trade it in for something else... or if you sell it possibly even more in your pocket

what if at year #3 the car is worth 45k? You dont want to lose 3k so you just return it and walk away...OR you can roll that negative equity towards something else which is pointless.

typically I dont even wait til my lease ends to get out of it.. I hit it when the market is good and bank on it.

My accord I owed 17k and it was leased.. I traded it in towards the lexus and got my trade in value at 22k... Made 5k... I told them I want 2500 towards lexus and 2500 in my pocket...lol win win.

you gotta know how to make it work for you.

My BRZ i broke even on... I financed it. That car was dropping value like crazy and when you have an FRS selling for 5-6k less it doesnt help.. I needed out quick. I threw that one in with the lexus and thought I was gonna be upside down atleast 2k but I negotiated enough for them to PAY IT OFF completely. they definitely had to work hard for my deal...that's what they do and why pay more than I should?

well.. When you finance you have the BIG number to worry about..

when you lease...after 3 years.. REGARDLESS of the cars value you already have a set price you can cop for.. for example

MSRP is 75k
Residual (what you can buy it for in 3yrs) 48k after your 3 yr lease

What if at year #3 the car is worth 50k? You just gained 2k if you trade it in for something else... or if you sell it possibly even more in your pocket

what if at year #3 the car is worth 45k? You dont want to lose 3k so you just return it and walk away...OR you can roll that negative equity towards something else which is pointless.

typically I dont even wait til my lease ends to get out of it.. I hit it when the market is good and bank on it.

My accord I owed 17k and it was leased.. I traded it in towards the lexus and got my trade in value at 22k... Made 5k... I told them I want 2500 towards lexus and 2500 in my pocket...lol win win.

you gotta know how to make it work for you.

My BRZ i broke even on... I financed it. That car was dropping value like crazy and when you have an FRS selling for 5-6k less it doesnt help.. I needed out quick. I threw that one in with the lexus and thought I was gonna be upside down atleast 2k but I negotiated enough for them to PAY IT OFF completely. they definitely had to work hard for my deal...that's what they do and why pay more than I should?
So what happens if the car is worth 20k and i owe 17k and dont wanna trade it in? Do i loose the 3k if i dont decide to trade it in?

I you owe $17k and you keep the car then you continue paying for it.

Last edited:
nerd.gif

BMW on the right has an M4 badge when it's just a regular 4 series lol
Man I read way too far into that, I thought he was inferring that BMW M owners were DIC K's due to the store sign in the background :lol:

Last edited:
how does this work and how much?
I''m not too sure how it works with stock set ups as mine has aftermarket processing, but The audison unit is hooked up to my processor. My processor is hooked up to my amps. Amps to speakers. I connect to the unit on my phone via wifi. 

With a 1tb drive, it came out to a little over $1200. 

Here's a video 

Man I read way too far into that, I thought he was inferring that BMW M owners were DIC K's due to the store sign in the background :lol:
Thats what i thought Tbh. I just thought the m3 parked next to m4. And happen to be a Diks sports store |I
it was a inside joke type thing i gues |l

yall getting too buddy buddy in here, am i gunna have to seperate u guys via another classic fourbanger vs v8 argument?

just kidding

Back
Top Bottom