\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Appreciate all the tips fam. I've been out here for the past 2 hours working on it and it seems I'm at a stalemate. I got all of the bolts out but the wheel will not budge. Like at all. Any idea what that could be??

Your wheel has corroded to the point it's fused itself with the drum/hub. This is really common on old cars with drum brakes.

I've had this problem a few times before and all the banging and prying wouldn't work. What I end up doing was putting all the nuts back on so they fit loosely with about a 1/4 inch gap between the nut and wheel. Then I take the car and start doing figure 8s. Sometimes you have to give it quite a bit of gas... then wait for the CLUNK. You'll know when the wheel comes loose.

Last edited:
Really appreciate all of the tips and advice fam. I'm 19 and this is my first car. I decided I was going to try to perform all of the maintenance on it myself that I could, but this is still all new to me. I've been working on my car all day today and I got most of what needed to be done out of the way. The only thing left is that damn tire. I located one of those mallets, tried that for about 20-30 minutes, got nothing. My uncle's a mechanic and he told me to spray some WD-40 on it and let it sit for a while. So I did that about a hour ago and I'm going to let it sit through the night. Hopefully we can get it off tomorrow. I haven't drove my baby all week! I'm ready to get back on the road. Again, all of your responses were much appreciated. I'll rep as many of you as I can

Really appreciate all of the tips and advice fam. I'm 19 and this is my first car. I decided I was going to try to perform all of the maintenance on it myself that I could, but this is still all new to me. I've been working on my car all day today and I got most of what needed to be done out of the way. The only thing left is that damn tire. I located one of those mallets, tried that for about 20-30 minutes, got nothing. My uncle's a mechanic and he told me to spray some WD-40 on it and let it sit for a while. So I did that about a hour ago and I'm going to let it sit through the night. Hopefully we can get it off tomorrow. I haven't drove my baby all week! I'm ready to get back on the road. Again, all of your responses were much appreciated. I'll rep as many of you as I can
Repped for doing it yourself man

Post some pics

Goodluck with taking off the wheel

Tell you what

Grab a sledgehammer

Take all the bolts off the wheel except the one at the top

Take the sledgehammer and smack the inner bottom side of the wheel

Should come off then

Tell you what

Grab a sledgehammer

Should come off then
laugh.gif
 lmao idk about that one man. I'm so scared of using brute force to get it off because of the chance I might break something irreparable. Plus, judging by how stubborn it was today, idk if anything could get that wheel off.

Tell you what

Grab a sledgehammer

Should come off then
:lol:  lmao idk about that one man. I'm so scared of using brute force to get it off because of the chance I might break something irreparable. Plus, judging by how stubborn it was today, idk if anything could get that wheel off.
Just got to be careful when swinging fam I've done it before on my homies car

Usually i dont let ppl drive my truck but the bro in law needed it for moving so i lent it and this happens

And how u gunna scratch the rim when there are fat tires in the way. He must relle cant park man :lol:
And hopefully this black mark comes off easy

He woulda got the hands, b.

Tell you what

Grab a sledgehammer

Should come off then
:lol:  lmao idk about that one man. I'm so scared of using brute force to get it off because of the chance I might break something irreparable. Plus, judging by how stubborn it was today, idk if anything could get that wheel off.

I wasn't kidding with my last post. Loosen the nuts and so some figure 8s. It's never failed me.

I wasn't kidding with my last post. Loosen the nuts and so some figure 8s. It's never failed me.
Man honestly I'll try anything just to get it off. If the WD40 trick doesn't work, I would have exhausted all of my options. I would try the figure 8s, but this isn;t just a flat. The tire is completely blown. Like the entire inner of the rim is exposed. Even though it's on grass currently, I'm still fearful of the damage it could cause to the rims. We'll see tomorrow though

Man honestly I'll try anything just to get it off. If the WD40 trick doesn't work, I would have exhausted all of my options. I would try the figure 8s, but this isn;t just a flat. The tire is completely blown. Like the entire inner of the rim is exposed. Even though it's on grass currently, I'm still fearful of the damage it could cause to the rims. We'll see tomorrow though

Oh ****

I didn't realize you had flat. I was under the impression you were just trying to swap wheels or service brakes.

Yeah... Without a tire I DO NOT recommend the fig 8 technique.

Just kick the tire u have to give it some force but dont knock it off the jack.

:lol:

Dude tried the mallet method I suggested and no go. Im positive it will work, you just have to hit the bottom of the rim, or top of the rim and alternate. GIVE IT A GOOD HIT, dont give a girl swing.

Bruh, take the car up to Mr. Tire.

This obviously ain't working for you. Better to do that before you hurt yourself, srs.

NSX update.  So crushed right now.  I had the 92 NSX checked out yesterday by my mechanic who owns a 91.  Keep in mind the seller, an independent dealer in LV, told me the car was pristine, only had repaint of front and rear fenders due to scratches and that the previous owner was meticulous about his service and maintenance on the vehicle:

PPI findings:

1. Coolant leak (green fluid in pictures) at back of engine block (fresh fluid noted)

-Unknown source, possible head gasket leak? Block leak? Water jacket service port leak?

2. Coolant leak from head gaskets (dry)

3. A/C compressor leak

4. Entire body of car repainted (B-pillars have matching paint)

-Overspray noted on rear hatch glass rubber

-Early model NSX's had black paint different from the berlina black paint on the body (this one has same color paint throughout)

5. Oil pan gasket leak

6. Signs of attempts to wipe clean the engine bay and oil pan prior to inspection
indifferent.gif

Last line of PPI:

"OVERALL CONDITION OF THE CAR IS VERY GOOD. IT SEEMS THAT SELLER MAY BE TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING. WE PREDICT THAT

THIS NSX WILL NEED SOME MAJOR REPAIRS IN THE FUTURE."

-All told probably 5-10K in repairs needed to get it up to shape.  
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Thank goodness I didn't put a deposit down, another case for PPI before purchase of an older vehicle.

Last edited:
dam man that sucks. Not worth the possible headache. That can turn a dream car into a nightmare real fast.

Back
Top Bottom