\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Purchased this on Monday. '06 CLS55 AMG with 68k. My first German vehicle...been spoiled by the low cost of maintenance of Toyota and Lexus. Pray for me yall :lol:

Looks better in the light

Congrats man! The power will be satisfying. You mentioned you wanted to lower it? In the third pic it sits pretty low but on the first 2 pics it looks like stock suspension. Is the last pic an older one or am I missing something?

Rough day in the vehicle world on my end. Mom got in a 3 car accident (the pics didn't look horrible, she's kinda sore but doing well overall, 99 avalon is totaled)

And later on in the day, I got pulled over by some lame *** cop.
He claims he could've ticketed me for 3 things:
77 in a 65 (which is likely, not gonna deny it),
Changing lanes with no signal (which I think is bs, I'm VERY good about signaling lane changes, even when I'm alone on the road, it's basically muscle memory at this point).
And pulling over on the wrong side of the highway (I pulled over to the left shoulder because it's triple the room on that side as compared to the right shoulder. He said the left shoulder is for emergencies only. In my mind I'm like 'dude i'm doing you a favor so you won't have to walk in that narrow space with cars blowing by inches away from you')

He gave me a warning on the speeding, which was a big surprise. He totally ignored the wrong shoulder thing. He cited me for the improper lane change, I'm thinking it's cheap, joint is $202 :stoneface:

He asked me do i normally signal lane switches and I replied absolutely. He then says "well I got you on video". Low key I wanted to ask to see the video, but I didn't want to come off argumentative and have him hit me with the speeding, out of spite. Plus, I figured I have a chance of fighting the lane change accusation in court.

I have a mustang and the sequential lights flash 1 at a time, beginning with the innermost light. At the very least, I tap the signal before merging over, so if only the first light flashed, depending on the officer's vantage point, he may not have seen it.

I talked to a few people and they recommend that I plead not guilty, and try to fight it. Best case scenario is either his lame *** doesn't show up, or the video in question actually does reveal that my signals came on. Either way I'm off scott free.

If I was riding dirty, I just pay the 202 and cut back on fast food for that month and hone my culinary skills. Either way I'm good money.

All in all my mom's accident really put things into perspective. I'm glad she's good, makes the $200 seem trivial. I would've just blown it on grub and alcohol anyway.

I can not believe I got pulled over, it hardly ever happens to me. San Antonio, if anyone has any tips......................................................................or connects :nerd:

Last edited:
That sucks but atleast you didnt get the speeding violation.

On another note, saw Spectre and that joint was WHACK. The DB10 was meh too, the other car chasing it (no idea what it is) was better.

Last edited:
man i finally got a ticket from a cop in like 4-5 years :lol:

i got pulled over for riding in carpool solo :smh: :lol: always traffic on the way back home i been doing it for a good 2 years and finally got caught :lol:

sneaky *** only got caught cuz he was on a motorcycle tbh sneaky *** mofo

Last edited:
i got pulled over for riding in carpool solo
mean.gif
laugh.gif
always traffic on the way back home i been doing it for a good 2 years and finally got caught
laugh.gif
been tempted as hell to start doing this. Especially since i have the civic Hybrid. I'll just play dumb if i get pulled over and act like i had no idea those yellow carpool stickers aren't valid anymore

i got pulled over for riding in carpool solo :smh: :lol: always traffic on the way back home i been doing it for a good 2 years and finally got caught :lol:
been tempted as hell to start doing this. Especially since i have the civic Hybrid. I'll just play dumb if i get pulled over and act like i had no idea those yellow carpool stickers aren't valid anymore
bruhh trustt meee do ittttt i only got caught cuz the cop was luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyy carpool is so clutch when theres heavy traffic
i carpooled solo EVERY DAY FAM :lol:

edit- nvm dis a bad idea do it at ya own risk :rofl:

Last edited:
Lucky, ain't no car pool lanes here

i get into traffic here I have to get off the damn highway and take a detour ,which became a new route :lol:

I would do it and just plead your case with the cop give a lot of omg I'm so sorry blah blah I didn't know those expired probanlh give you a warning

Went to get go register my car and get the plates/sticker/etc, since I barely got the title today. $1500 for everything :x. Tax was $750, would've been $290 if the guy I bought the car from would've put down $14,999 in the title instead of a $17,000 :smh:
I kind of should've researched this and begged the guy to do it

Last edited:
NT fam, I need some opinions. So as you might remember, I'm having a hell of a time sourcing tires for my Lightning. The cheapest ones I've found locally are $330 each, and the store is only showing 2 tires in their warehouse, they aren't sure if they can get 2 more :smh:. Other places want $380+ per tire. :x

So, another option I have is I found a set of 20's that are somewhat close to me (about 2 hours away). Only issue is I'm not really sure if they suit the truck or not. They're a 5 spoke design, same as the stockers, but chunkier. They're also pretty much brand new, and only $700. So, right now my options are to blow $1500 on some tires, which is crazy, or get these wheels and tires that are pretty much brand new, for less than half the price.

Opinions on the wheels would be helpful.

Stock Wheels (18s)

My terrible photochop (Concept 20s)

They don't look bad, but I'm just not sure. If they were closer, I'd just drive over and try one on to see, but the wheels are a 2 hour ferry ride away ($70 one way) so I gotta be sure about these. I really don't want to sink $1500 in tires into the truck, cuz as y'all have probably noticed, I buy and sell vehicles pretty often, and that would cut into my profits on this one.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
NT fam, I need some opinions. So as you might remember, I'm having a hell of a time sourcing tires for my Lightning. The cheapest ones I've found locally are $330 each, and the store is only showing 2 tires in their warehouse, they aren't sure if they can get 2 more :smh:. Other places want $380+ per tire. :x

So, another option I have is I found a set of 20's that are somewhat close to me (about 2 hours away). Only issue is I'm not really sure if they suit the truck or not. They're a 5 spoke design, same as the stockers, but chunkier. They're also pretty much brand new, and only $700. So, right now my options are to blow $1500 on some tires, which is crazy, or get these wheels and tires that are pretty much brand new, for less than half the price.

Stock Wheels (18s)

They don't look bad, but I'm just not sure. If they were closer, I'd just drive over and try one on to see, but the wheels are a 2 hour ferry ride away ($70 one way) so I gotta be sure about these. I really don't want to sink $1500 in tires into the truck, cuz as y'all have probably noticed, I buy and sell vehicles pretty often, and that would cut into my profits on this one.

Thoughts?

Man that's tough I'd say the latter.

Are the tires on the truck currently no good?

Those other ones are hideous :x, but my opinion is my opinion. Not a fan of big chrome wheels

Last edited:
Man that's tough I'd say the latter.

Are the tires on the truck currently no good?
You like the 20's eh?

Yea, front tires are shot, and one of the back ones has a slow leak, so it would be best to replace em all.

Those other ones are hideous :x, but my opinion is my opinion. Not a fan of big chrome wheels
Naw man, that's what I'm looking for, opinions. To be honest, they aren't really my style either, I don't like chunky wheels either, I prefer the stockers. But spending $1500 on some tires hurts when I'll probably flip the truck in a couple months.

Last edited:

Stock Wheels (18s)

Thoughts?

Not really feeling the wide spokes on the bottoms.... At all.

But no way I'd drop $1500 on tires, seeing how you tend to switch vehicles so regularly.

Is it a oddly spaced bolt pattern as well?

But no way I'd drop $1500 on tires, seeing how you tend to switch vehicles so regularly.

Yea, its 5x135mm. Its a HUGE 5 bolt pattern, almost impossible to find wheels in it. And the tires are 295/45/18, so they're extremely wide, and also almost impossible to find. Pretty much the worst wheel and tire combo in existence as far as availability :lol:

Last edited:

Stock Wheels (18s)

Thoughts?

I'm personally not a fan of aftermarket wheels on a a vehicle as iconic as a Lightning but we've had a couple at our dealership that pulled off the aftermarket wheels pretty nicely.. I don't know if you want to go that big, but the white ones are on 24" Forgiatos.. i forgot the brand of the wheels on the blue one but those would look nice on your truck.. Both designs would suit it IMO.. Nice Lightning btw! :pimp:

Stock Wheels (18s)

Thoughts?

It is

Man I'd bite the bullet and say just get the tires if you can

I rather do that then out some rims on it that I don't really dig

Back
Top Bottom