\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

NT fam, I need some opinions. So as you might remember, I'm having a hell of a time sourcing tires for my Lightning. The cheapest ones I've found locally are $330 each, and the store is only showing 2 tires in their warehouse, they aren't sure if they can get 2 more :smh:. Other places want $380+ per tire. :x

So, another option I have is I found a set of 20's that are somewhat close to me (about 2 hours away). Only issue is I'm not really sure if they suit the truck or not. They're a 5 spoke design, same as the stockers, but chunkier. They're also pretty much brand new, and only $700. So, right now my options are to blow $1500 on some tires, which is crazy, or get these wheels and tires that are pretty much brand new, for less than half the price.

Opinions on the wheels would be helpful.

Stock Wheels (18s)

My terrible photochop (Concept 20s)

They don't look bad, but I'm just not sure. If they were closer, I'd just drive over and try one on to see, but the wheels are a 2 hour ferry ride away ($70 one way) so I gotta be sure about these. I really don't want to sink $1500 in tires into the truck, cuz as y'all have probably noticed, I buy and sell vehicles pretty often, and that would cut into my profits on this one.

Thoughts?

I'm personally not a fan of aftermarket wheels on a a vehicle as iconic as a Lightning but we've had a couple at our dealership that pulled off the aftermarket wheels pretty nicely.. I don't know if you want to go that big, but the white ones are on 24" Forgiatos.. i forgot the brand of the wheels on the blue one but those would look nice on your truck.. Both designs would suit it IMO.. Nice Lightning btw! :pimp:

That blue joint is :pimp:

thank you for being the dudes that lower trucks and not lift them 50 feet in the air.

Last edited:
I'm personally not a fan of aftermarket wheels on a a vehicle as iconic as a Lightning but we've had a couple at our dealership that pulled off the aftermarket wheels pretty nicely.. I don't know if you want to go that big, but the white ones are on 24" Forgiatos.. i forgot the brand of the wheels on the blue one but those would look nice on your truck.. Both designs would suit it IMO.. Nice Lightning btw! :pimp:

Thanks man! I like those wheels on the blue one. Like I said though, its really hard to find used wheels in the early 1997-2003 bolt pattern. In 2004, the new bodystyle F150's went to a common 6 bolt pattern.

Found one more.. cant go wrong with black

Those are the 2003-2004 stock Lightning wheels just painted black. They look good too :smokin

It is

Man I'd bite the bullet and say just get the tires if you can

I rather do that then out some rims on it that I don't really dig
Yea.... kinda thinking thats the right call. I think I'm just trying to convince myself that those 20's don't look too bad so I can save some $$$ :lol:

Last edited:
I'm sure you can find some cheaper tires. 295/35/18 doesn't seem like it should be hard to find. Order them off tire rack or something I bet you'll find some cheaper than 300 each :x

My brother was in the same exact situation with his lightning about 8 years ago. Those tires were hard to find even back then. He ended up going with some ugly *** 20's lol.

I'm sure you can find some cheaper tires. 295/35/18 doesn't seem like it should be hard to find. Order them off tire rack or something I bet you'll find some cheaper than 300 each :x
295/45/18. TireRack only has one option, Hankooks for $200 a piece. The only companies I know that still make tires in this size is Nitto, Goodyear, Hankook, Toyo, and one other I can't remember at the moment. Finding stock is another issue.

One problem though: I'm in Canada. So once I figure in shipping, duty, and the exchange rate, I'm right back to over $300 a tire. Oh Canada :smh: :x

My brother was in the same exact situation with his lightning about 8 years ago. Those tires were hard to find even back then. He ended up going with some ugly *** 20's lol.
:lol: . I really don't want to go down that road......

Last edited:
Caddy if I was in your shoes I would just buy the tires pls pls don't ruin your amazing truck with those 20s the money you'll be saving you are paying in sacrificing the beauty of the truck

Caddy if I was in your shoes I would just buy the tires pls pls don't ruin your amazing truck with those 20s the money you'll be saving you are paying in sacrificing the beauty of the truck
Yea y'all are right. I'm just trying to convince myself to cheap out :lol:. I think I just have to bite the bullet and deal with the cost.

Doing the right call man

Okay guys H&R or eibach lowering springs which would you guys throw on your car?

Learned how to drive manual today in my cousins 5 series. Installed trying to get out of first atleast 30 times . And I moved the car about 20 ft trying in the middle of a intersection

Once I got it I was spinning out of first into second :lol:

Good times good times :pimp:

The bumper is in the back seat .

Said he's gonna mod it heavily :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom