\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

nerd.gif
Ford's 6.0 Diesel from the mid 2000s was a disaster. Head studs and EGR being the biggest problem. the failure rate is enormous.

if you have the motor bulletproofed its completely fine though and actually a beast of a motor because its more powerful than the infamous 7.3 from the early 2000s that everyone wants. But that's like $5,000

Last edited:
[thread="266081"] [/thread]
:nerd:
Ford's 6.0 Diesel from the mid 2000s was a disaster. Head studs and EGR being the biggest problem. the failure rate is enormous.

if you have the motor bulletproofed its completely fine though and actually a beast of a motor because its more powerful than the infamous 7.3 from the early 2000s that everyone wants. But that's like $5,000
Ah ok

Fully aware of all the problems they have. Never thought anyone on here would know what bulletproofing was.
My uncle just totaled his with 250,000 miles on it. Never bulletproofed. And probably 150,000 of that he was towing something, mostly his 32' toy hauler. Only major problem he ever had was his catalytic converter, it was stolen.

Last edited:
That's good to hear, the few of them that didn't have problems can go forever. It's a crapshoot

I've had a starter go out and a/c but that's about it. They are so hard on cranking. I was dead set on keeping this forever, but seeing deals on the 2015's idk what I'm going to do.
Only 112,000 miles on it, but it's about 13 years old.

the guy cracking wheels is obviously crashing into stuff , probably one of those kids that thinks hes a pro-drifter because he buys a new set of wheels every other month only to start drifting and crashing into sidewalks and then blames the wheel being a rep instead of the impact.............ive had replica wheels on every car ive owned , i put over 100,000 miles on an expedition with some mickey mouse brand 26 inch wheels and nothing...........the rep wheels vs brand wheels is elitist talk 

the guy cracking wheels is obviously crashing into stuff , probably one of those kids that thinks hes a pro-drifter because he buys a new set of wheels every other month only to start drifting and crashing into sidewalks and then blames the wheel being a rep instead of the impact.............ive had replica wheels on every car ive owned , i put over 100,000 miles on an expedition with some mickey mouse brand 26 inch wheels and nothing...........the rep wheels vs brand wheels is elitist talk 
Buying authentic, high quality wheels is not an elitist thing lol

Ive seen plenty of people with a old Lexus or BMW that have more in the wheel setup then what they paid for the car.

Now anything can with a wheel when you hit a pot hole or something but reps will be the first to bend or crack over quality wheels 99% of the time.

I hope you don't have reps on the M.

Last edited:
We had this convo wcis , before the stupid pics of cracked replicas ill happily find pics of cracked "real wheels" , aint NOTHING happening to a replica wheel as long as there is no collision/impact , what do you guys want me to admit that when i hit a sidewalk eating crap making my infiniti go sideways in the rain and cracked the wheel but if it was a true bbs lm that it might have not cracked and the wheel possibly still usable even? Sure ill admit the official wheels are going to be better quality and stronger obviously but that was years ago and i dont plan on hitting any sidewalks again , oh yeah and how easily i replaced it and got a brand new wheel and tire with $500 ....replica wheels and chinese tires to burn rubber and not cringe everytime i hit a pothole until i graduate and my lifestyle changes then ill be able to replace an official bbs lm or michelin pilot sport with ease , nowadays , aint no way in hell ima pay more than 2500 for a wheel / tire setup and brand new rep > used official all scuffed up and scratched , not until that changes but you guys that can afford to buy a car like mine cash or to make the payments and STILL able to throw another $4500-$5000 on wheels and tires need to understand that some people like me have a steady stable job(s) but are still advancing in life , in my case nursing school and can afford a car note to have a nice car , and can splurge $1800-$2000 which is what ill spend when the "money is right" on some wheels but $4500-$5000 is like a years worth of payments for my car , screw that lol

Cant wait to stance my car on coils & 20x10.5 bbs lm replicas squared and post pics , you guys are going to be furious lmao

Last edited:
I'm not trying to turn this into the amount of money they cost. It's not about that at all.

I'm just saying that if someone is considering replica wheels, when their stock wheels are CONSIDERABLY better. Why not just stay with your stock wheels?

I absolutely loved my stock 18s on my e92, your 19's are fire. Switching for reps is just all sorts of wrong. In my opinion of course.

Oem > replicas

Seen this dinosaur while skating in the hood today. Didn't even know a 944 Porsche existed. Any of you guys ever drove/owned one of these things?? I wanted to wait on dude to come to the car so I could ask him about it but I peeped the interior and thought otherwise.

Seen this dinosaur while skating in the hood today. Didn't even know a 944 Porsche existed. Any of you guys ever drove/owned one of these things?? I wanted to wait on dude to come to the car so I could ask him about it but I peeped the interior and thought otherwise.

My neighbor owns a white one

I don't know about reliability but they are cool looking

Especially the 944 turbo.

But I've seen v8s swapped in them but they look like crap :lol:

not all quality wheels arent affordable enkei rpf1's are a good example of affordable quality wheels i know nelson had some :nerd:

People who have luxury cars with fake wheels check engine light stays on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom