\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I don't frequent Nasioc, I definitely would've missed that.

If I rallied or planned on rallying my car I definitely would've known. Heck, a google search would've gave me and my 5 year old nephew that answer.

This proves I only research and inquire about things I actually do or plan on doing to my car. I'll let the rally champions continue to rack up First Place rally titles for over a decade Consecutively.

I'm positive they know what all the acronyms associated with rallying means.
I think you need a break from this thread.

this is what the NYC dope boys in that era used to ride in
The best.
pimp.gif

gimme a gloss black with red interior wooo

Pros and cons of rebuilding original engine versus buying a brand new crate...

Some that I know of...

Pros: (Rebuilt) keep the originality of the car/engine (numbers matching etc.), cheaper costs/labor if you do most of the work yourself (New) set horsepower/specs out the gate, less labor costs I presume

Cons: (New) Cost...

After this deployment I plan on buying an '84-'87 t-type as a future retirement project so just trying to get some insight on a few things

Pros and cons of rebuilding original engine versus buying a brand new crate...

Some that I know of...

Pros: (Rebuilt) keep the originality of the car/engine (numbers matching etc.), cheaper costs/labor if you do most of the work yourself (New) set horsepower/specs out the gate, less labor costs I presume

Cons: (New) Cost...

After this deployment I plan on buying an '84-'87 t-type as a future retirement project so just trying to get some insight on a few things

If you're looking at an 84-87, remember that 84/85 were hot air cars, while 86/87 were intercooled. You can find hot air cars for A LOT less than their later intercooled counterparts. If you're not concerned about numbers matching originality, it could be worthwhile to find an 84/85 and simply drop in a different motor. But that's only if you find a cheap enough car (Ideally, something with a blown engine). 231 crates can get damn expensive and rarely come with any accessories, so I'd be sure to do lot's of research, shop around and think about what you want out of the car before you make any decisions.

Nah, now it's my best friends wife's car :lol: .

Ended up copping a CVPI as a beater. If I go with another Fox, it's gotta be a hardtop. I ain't about that wet noodle chassis life anymore :lol: :x

Im looking for a beater/ something to drive when it snows, under $5k and 4x4, hopefully I can find something decent. 

Wager a guess that sti stands for sexually transmitted infection and wrx stands for world rally experience

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom