\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

blown v12

Need to get new tires for my 2012 Jeep GC...live in NC so rarely get snow..
Don't drive too much since I have a work car as well...Anyone have any experience with Firestone tires? Looking at possibly the Destination LE2. Thanks for any help

General grabber hts
Firestone le2
Bridgestone dueler alenza
Continental cross contact lx20
BFG long trail
Michelin ltx
Or what every gc seems to have is the Goodyear fortera.

These are all highway a/s tires.

Last edited:
If you're looking at an 84-87, remember that 84/85 were hot air cars, while 86/87 were intercooled. You can find hot air cars for A LOT less than their later intercooled counterparts. If you're not concerned about numbers matching originality, it could be worthwhile to find an 84/85 and simply drop in a different motor. But that's only if you find a cheap enough car (Ideally, something with a blown engine). 231 crates can get damn expensive and rarely come with any accessories, so I'd be sure to do lot's of research, shop around and think about what you want out of the car before you make any decisions.
Repped big dawg, thanks for the guidance.

So beautiful :tongue: I'm in a restaurant and parked outside so I feel like uploading my **** lol its a crappy pic. WCIS ain't the only one on here on team rumble...

Could've sworn you owned an '09.

What year if you don't mind me asking, it looks great?
Can't tell from the angle but is its suspension upgraded at all?

Beautiful GR :wow:

2012. stock suspension but aftermarket wheels with winter tires.

...i may have had a few drinks when i made that post lol

Gotcha.

What's the specs on those wheels

rota tarmac 2 17 x 7.5 e 48. i got them used of a friend from hs, who crashed his wrx not long before i got mine. these are winter beaters, didn't figure it worth it to get nice *** rims that would get pounded by northeast winter.

Just picked up this beast today.

5.0 V8 with Roush system

2013 and fully loaded with everything.

Gives a nice contrast to my Hybrid 5 series [emoji]128514[/emoji]

6" lift
3" level kit. (Considering removing level kit)

Added filtered pic to brighten photo.

:smokin More tire would look good but still a nice rig.

Last edited:

So beautiful :tongue: I'm in a restaurant and parked outside so I feel like uploading my **** lol its a crappy pic. WCIS ain't the only one on here on team rumble...

Could've sworn you owned an '09.

What year if you don't mind me asking, it looks great?
Can't tell from the angle but is its suspension upgraded at all?

Beautiful GR :wow:

2012. stock suspension but aftermarket wheels with winter tires.

...i may have had a few drinks when i made that post lol

Gotcha.

What's the specs on those wheels

rota tarmac 2 17 x 7.5 e 48. i got them used of a friend from hs, who crashed his wrx not long before i got mine. these are winter beaters, didn't figure it worth it to get nice *** rims that would get pounded by northeast winter.

Dope, yea people run steelies in the winter sometimes.

I don't see why 215's is a problem on 7.5's. That's actually a good size for the winter on that width. Doubt there's any stretch is there?

no stretch at all. but 215/45 means a smaller sidewall than stock 235 so potholes are less friendly. i lost 2 winter tires to one pothole my first year with the car back in 2012... does lower the ride a bit tho lol

Last edited:

Gonna swap the tires out for spring and summer. Wheels are 35s now that's why I was thinking of taking off the 3" level to balance out size better.

Just picked up this beast today.

5.0 V8 with Roush system

2013 and fully loaded with everything.

Gives a nice contrast to my Hybrid 5 series [emoji]128514[/emoji]

6" lift
3" level kit. (Considering removing level kit)

Added filtered pic to brighten photo.
Nice truck :smokin . If it was me, I'd keep the 3" level kit, and just put 37" tires on it. They'd fit it perfect.

How is it to drive with the 5.0? Plenty of power even with the bigger tires?

Nice video :pimp:

Please be sure to post here when you upgrade to FI :nerd:

Hopefully I can track mine this year. I don't plan on upgrading anything suspension wise (unless I find a sick deal on something), just performance tires and brake pads which I already have from the previous owner.

Last edited:
Can someone recommend a glue??

My passenger visor mirror fell out.
roll.gif

idk why but that random comment made me laugh

Anyway, I got a rear tire going down in the M 
tired.gif

it was a little low and set off the TPMS on Saturday, but it was only at like 28psi and it turned out that all my tires were a few psi low, so i figured maybe just change in weather did it, so i put it to its proper psi at 35, and now tonight when i got in the car (haven't driven it since Saturday) the light was on again and the tire was super low when i checked it, like 10 psi 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom