\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Im looking for a beater/ something to drive when it snows, under $5k and 4x4, hopefully I can find something decent. 
Good luck man. Next year I'll be in the market for a pickup. Something for a few grand that runs good

Im looking for a beater/ something to drive when it snows, under $5k and 4x4, hopefully I can find something decent. 

Im looking for the same now but im having a hard time. Mostly because i want something half way fun also :smh:

Current list
Eclipse gsx
Subaru 2.5 RS or old beat wrx

not so fun
Honda crv
Subaru forester
some kinda truck

I really want to spend like 4 so i can put the rest of the money into the brz but everything in the north east is rusted/ riced/ or doesn't run.

Boomba Wing Riser Kit Installed. Suttle ads a nice look IMO [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Your car always looks good. I think the spoiler looked better before the lift.

Last edited:

Say you're sorry.

I don't frequent Nasioc, I definitely would've missed that.

If I rallied or planned on rallying my car I definitely would've known. Heck, a google search would've gave me and my 5 year old nephew that answer.

This proves I only research and inquire about things I actually do or plan on doing to my car. I'll let the rally champions continue to rack up First Place rally titles for over a decade Consecutively.
I'm positive they know what all the acronyms associated with rallying means.
:rofl:

Thinking about a subie.

We'll be waiting, family. :smokin
#rumble

Any specific gen you were interested in?
4th Gen, the newer models definitely have caught my attention. The price tag though :lol:

gronkdance2.gif

I like your style, my friend. I like your style. :smokin

I've seen you frequent this thread quite a few times as well. :nerd:
Nothing but positive things have come from your posts :smokin

I wouldn't worry too much about the pricing of a new one if your interest rate is low.

I would show you prices of Hawkeye/blobeye STi's on cars.com but they don't even exist :lol:

Meaning everybody is hoarding their STi's :smh:

Let's not mention limited edition ones a few years down the road :smh:

Edit: found it

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/650784631/overview/

I'm a heavy lurker, posted only a few times but I'm mostly into Honda's (all three cars I've owned have been Honda) so I stay in my lane when it comes to the BMW/Benz/etc topics since I know very little. I'm currently paying off an 05 Civic although I plan on getting an S2000 and going boost. STI's aren't as common in the Tampa area, can't even tell you when's the last time I saw one on the road. I've just been really looking at them for some odd reason. :nerd: :lol:

Im looking for the same now but im having a hard time. Mostly because i want something half way fun also :smh:

Current list
Eclipse gsx

not so fun
Honda crv
Subaru forester
some kinda truck

I really want to spend like 4 so i can put the rest of the money into the brz but everything in the north east is rusted/ riced/ or doesn't run.

I would reccomend a 2002 wrx, amazing car. I owned one and it was a blast to drive with just bolt ons and a protune (250whp), the spool of the small turbo is so good as well. the trick is to find a seller who isn't a car enthusiast and thinks it's worth $7k+ with 150k miles...
I found mine for $4,750 with only 120k (original owner/original clutch even). They'll last 200k+ easily

What do you want to do to the BRZ?

Last edited:
I'm a heavy lurker, posted only a few times but I'm mostly into Honda's (all three cars I've owned have been Honda) so I stay in my lane when it comes to the BMW/Benz/etc topics since I know very little. I'm currently paying off an 05 Civic although I plan on getting an S2000 and going boost. STI's aren't as common in the Tampa area, can't even tell you when's the last time I saw one on the road. I've just been really looking at them for some odd reason. :nerd: :lol:
My current and last 2 cars were Honda too.
First car 99 civic ex coupe with plans to swap in a manual ******.
2nd 09 civic si coupe. Loved the thing
Current for not too long 13 si sedan
I've had zero problems with Honda. Other than my 13 making a grinding sound when you cold start it. Apparently it's a common for these

Last edited:

Current list
Eclipse gsx

not so fun
Honda crv
Subaru forester
some kinda truck

I would reccomend a 2002 wrx, amazing car. I owned one and it was a blast to drive with just bolt ons and a protune (250whp), the spool of the small turbo is so good as well. the trick is to find a seller who isn't a car enthusiast and thinks it's worth $7k+ with 150k miles...
I found mine for $4,750 with only 120k (original owner/original clutch even). They'll last 200k+ easily

What do you want to do to the BRZ?

Yea the wrx is prob the best i can do in my price range but i really didn't want another Subaru.

I'm planning to track the brz this season so springs, brakes and tires are deff for this year. Next year hopefully after i learn the limits of the car and myself im going with the edelbrock supercharger.

Last edited:
After 9 months of ownership I got my first taste of curb rash. :frown: Would it be worth it to have someone sand it down, paint and recoat that part? Or maybe I could just buy a new wheel.

Last edited:
dope
pimp.gif

My current and last 2 cars were Honda too.
First car 99 civic ex coupe with plans to swap in a manual ******.
2nd 09 civic si coupe. Loved the thing
Current for not too long 13 si sedan
I've had zero problems with Honda. Other than my 13 making a grinding sound when you cold start it. Apparently it's a common for these
Any problems with the si? Thinking of waiting to build my cobra and getting another daily for about under 10k and a si seems to be the best choice as far as reliability and looks. Any other good choices?

Shoulda got it in red b
wink.gif
Nah for some reason I don't like red on any car except Ferraris and Corvettes. I almost ordered the darker blue one, but I saw a WRX with that color and I hated it. 

I saw a girl driving a red STI once and she was 
pimp.gif

After 9 months of ownership I got my first taste of curb rash. :frown: Would it be worth it to have someone sand it down, paint and recoat that part? Or maybe I could just buy a new wheel.

this doesn't even look bad

Yea the wrx is prob the best i can do in my price range but i really didn't want another Subaru.

I'm planning to track the brz this season so springs, brakes and tires are deff for this year. Next year hopefully after i learn the limits of the car and myself im going with the edelbrock supercharger.

I wish I had the balls to go forced induction. I'm too scared of blowing up the motor :lol:

I wish I had the balls to go forced induction. I'm too scared of blowing up the motor :lol:

Yea thats why i want a daily first lol . But the Edelbrock kit seems pretty reliable so far. They are the only company that matches the Subaru warranty if you blow your motor with their kit as long as you go to one of their installers.

I think if you stay conservative with the tune you will be fine. Most people who blow their motors are pushing the motor way past the limits. I plan on keeping this car for a while as a track car so maybe down the line i will build a spare motor for when I want to go crazy but the car isnt really built for high hp imo. I think 300-350hp and its a perfect weekend track car.

@WhatCanISay you definitely know your stuff, I know who to hit up. I'm a new fan of them after checking out some more videos and postings in my area. They're going for 26-34k though, a little too highly for my budget lmao

Last edited:
dope:pimp:

Any problems with the si? Thinking of waiting to build my cobra and getting another daily for about under 10k and a si seems to be the best choice as far as reliability and looks. Any other good choices?
Here's my pros and cons with the 9th gen Si

Pros:
Higher torque especially in the lower end. Upgrade in interior features

Cons:
I feel like my fuel efficiency has gone down compared to my 8th gen.
Seats are meh
Suspension is a joke. Not that much connection with the road and you feel like you're driving an SUV.

I'd wait for the next gen or get an 8th. No engine or ****** issues though. And I beat on the thing

Last edited:
Yea thats why i want a daily first lol . But the Edelbrock kit seems pretty reliable so far. They are the only company that matches the Subaru warranty if you blow your motor with their kit as long as you go to one of their installers.

I think if you stay conservative with the tune you will be fine. Most people who blow their motors are pushing the motor way past the limits. I plan on keeping this car for a while as a track car so maybe down the line i will build a spare motor for when I want to go crazy but the car isnt really built for high hp imo. I think 300-350hp and its a perfect weekend track car.

I don't even want that much power :lol:
I would be happy with 250whp

I don't even want that much power :lol:
I would be happy with 250whp

lol yea for the street in this little car you dont need much power. Most of the base kits put you at 250-280 and thats more than enough for most people.

When I start to track I dont want to get out muscled by the mustangs and vettes so i want at least 300 or so in a couple years. I want to hold them off on the straights for a little longer because with our cars once your a good driver you can really put some space on them in the turns but they come screaming down the straights and hunt you down.

This is a good video that shows a good driver in the brz vs a average or poor driver in the mustang. The brz gets a head but then each lap gets caught on the straight. If he had more power he could hold him off longer and might be able to keep the lead.

Back
Top Bottom