\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Need some assistance NT car enthusiast. 

Shopping for a new car.. Looking for a daily commuter, good on gas, fun to drive, something I can whip for 5-7 years by keeping up maintenance.

Budget is 10-15k. What y'all got?

Been looking at a 13-15' Volkswagen Passat
Just wanted to say I appreciate everyone who gave me suggestions on a purchase...

Decided that since I was likely to replace whatever vehicle I bought shortly after graduation, I would just do a lease for the next 2-3 years.

Now im undecided and unsure on what I want to lease
laugh.gif

Good. Ugly and overpriced.

i love it

just because it looks so futuristic

i think the back is ugly, only looks good in solid color too

i love how opinions differ on cars, always interesting to me

Last edited:
Yeah that would be the first time I've heard someone call the i8 ugly. It's underpowered, sounds weak, hard to get out of...well lots of things but ugly isn't one of them.

My boy has an M5 and test drove the i8, said it wasnt nearly the same driving experience so he passed.

Never was a fan of the looks.

My boy has an M5 and test drove the i8, said it wasnt nearly the same driving experience so he passed.

Never was a fan of the looks.

Same reason my bro went with the M6

The i8 is purely for looks and gas mileage. No lie 25 dollars will fill the tank for 300 miles. And people always will constantly stare.

:lol:

get all black wheels :x :evil: :x :evil: or the all silver bbs :lol:

let me find pics!!! brb :lol:
If you're gonna do black, I think black looks much better when its only the centers, and not the entire wheel. Some black wheels can just disappear into the wheel well along with the tires and can just look like black blobs, IMO.

Similar wheels to the BBS' you posted, but on a grey m3. Such a timeless, classy look, IMO.

whaaattt it just looks so cheap to me tbh

yo and for the i8 slander if u see one in matte black :x :x :x :x :x thing is beautiful

Last edited:
whaaattt it just looks so cheap to me tbh

yo and for the i8 slander if u see one in matte black :x :x :x :x :x thing is beautiful
To each their own :lol: .

For the record, I don't think the i8 looks that great either. Nor does it make much sense as a car to me. It's slow compared to other cars in its expensive price range. And it doesn't even get 30 mpg, and its a hybrid. So yea, I don't get the appeal of it AT all. The i8 seems to do nothing really well tbh. I mean, you could get a Tesla and a Stingray Corvette instead for the same price. Corvette is a better sportscar, and a Tesla is better at saving money on gas.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't know what y'all talking about.  The i8 is imo the best car to have if you only have 1 car.  Hope it keeps depreciating to an affordable price for me.

I don't know what y'all talking about.  The i8 is imo the best car to have if you only have 1 car.  Hope it keeps depreciating to an affordable price for me.

WHAT?! :lol:

To have 1 car and it would be an i8? A 2 door 2 seater? Where you cant just open the hood with a simple button but have to pull seperate latches from both doors? Where every single operation is made incredibly complicated for no reason?

Cmon man, NT barely makes sense but THAT is just comical. :lol:

i8 is basura, looks and performance wise, much better cars at that price point.

Tracked down a vortech supercharger for an okay price, not sure if I should pull the trigger though :nerd:

Saw a long term review on youtube on it, a lot fitment issues were shown. Weird because I never read anything on this on the forums..

Last edited:
Honda is on some BS man, I have not had a positive experience with this car.

A few months ago, the lights on the radio/hvac buttons would not light up at night. I thought it was an electrical problem so I took it to get it checked out but nothing came up. So I went on the forums to do research and it was a very common problem with first year models.

It was due to the PCB board inside the radio overheating. Making the LCD screen or buttons(or both) on the center module not light up. I have been shopping around online for Acura parts and some e-stores still had them on sale. But a day or so after, my order would get cancelled. The response I would get was because the part was discontinued.

I spoke to an Acura rep and he told me that Honda did in fact discontinue the part. Why the hell would they do that when it's a common problem among the majority of first year TSXs? I have to take my eyes off the road and turn on the dome lights at night in order to see what I'm touching. :smh:

WHAT?!
laugh.gif

To have 1 car and it would be an i8? A 2 door 2 seater? Where you cant just open the hood with a simple button but have to pull seperate latches from both doors? Where every single operation is made incredibly complicated for no reason?

Cmon man, NT barely makes sense but THAT is just comical.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom