\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

smokin.gif

After a much needed wash

Nice mustang fellow pony owner but dam that thing is 4x4 status no drop?

:rofl:

It's the angle of the picture... IMO the Stang looks huge and tall in the picture... It was my immediate thought... Then looking at it more, it's the angle... It looks like it's being shot for the ground up...

Seriously though, who makes better overall cars than Porsche? I recall seeing somewhere that the brand also takes the top spot for the lowest amounts of breakdowns. :nerd:

Porsche is the best brand out period... Everything they do, they do it best... The only thing Porsche is missing, IMO, is a front engine, 2dr GT... But it's not even that necessary...

Idk why, I like the Altima a lot more than the Accord, styling wise interior and out. The new Accord refresh is super dope but if it were that vs the Mazda 6, the 6 got my heart b.

Mazda is the best "cheap" brand without question to me...

For a midsize "peasant" sedan what you guys think?

Looking into either a used Altima 2.5 or leasing a Mazda6 GT.

Altima's (current gen before the refresh) are cheap, hearing a few minor stories about the CVT especially with the 2.5. I just love the styling and the interior though, can anyone explain a CVT "rubberband" effect?

Mazda6 is gorgeous and the interior is def amazing. Only thing is the power doesnt match the car and it will be a lease, and more expensive probably in the long run.
Acura TLX

It's the angle of the picture... IMO the Stang looks huge and tall in the picture... It was my immediate thought... Then looking at it more, it's the angle... It looks like it's being shot for the ground up...
Porsche is the best brand out period... Everything they do, they do it best... The only thing Porsche is missing, IMO, is a front engine, 2dr GT... But it's not even that necessary...
Mazda is the best "cheap" brand without question to me...

Personally for the money the new Mazda 6 fully loaded can't be beat if you lease while its very underpowered I feel the interior and overall design makes up for it. The gas milage is incredible and interior is amazing you really don't feel like your in a Mazda. My best friend leased one last year and his payment is $289 a month leased

And I'm not a fan of leasing cars but the mileage options Mazda offers really convinced me he got a a great deal

For a midsize "peasant" sedan what you guys think?

Looking into either a used Altima 2.5 or leasing a Mazda6 GT.

Altima's (current gen before the refresh) are cheap, hearing a few minor stories about the CVT especially with the 2.5. I just love the styling and the interior though, can anyone explain a CVT "rubberband" effect?

Mazda6 is gorgeous and the interior is def amazing. Only thing is the power doesnt match the car and it will be a lease, and more expensive probably in the long run.

The Altima is more comfortable than the Accord and gets slightly better gas mileage (33 vs 29 combined). The interiors are both good depending on what model you get, the ride quality is where the two cars differ. The Altima's seats are comfy af, and the ride is a lot more plush. The accord feels a lot more firm, solid and nimble. The engine and transmission feel more smooth in the Accord (less buzzy), but not much. CVT's are not bad, though they definitely feel different than a traditional automatic. Under normal acceleration they're smooth and pretty silent, but when you step on it they jump to over 5k rpm's and stay there until you let off. As soon as you do they drop down and want to chill under 2k rpm's. You can't hold a gear so it feels like the engine is either asleep, or it's screaming at the top of it's lungs (while going nowhere with 185hp) and nothing in between.

If I were to buy an Altima (again) I'd get a 2.5 for next to nothing. If I were to buy an Accord (again) I'd probably go with the V6, since the MPG's aren't that much different....and the V6 comes with a traditional 6 speed automatic. Both are good "peasant" cars, though. I've never driven a Mazda 6, but I have a hard time believing that a 4cyl mid size sedan is so much fun to drive.

Looking good man. Making me miss my M a lot right now. Idk if you've seen it, I've posted it on here before. What's up with the orange reflectors doe? You got wheels before reflectors lmao.
maybe he likes the orange reflectors fam why u gotta lmao the dude 

The Altima is more comfortable than the Accord and gets slightly better gas mileage (33 vs 29 combined). The interiors are both good depending on what model you get, the ride quality is where the two cars differ. The Altima's seats are comfy af, and the ride is a lot more plush. The accord feels a lot more firm, solid and nimble. The engine and transmission feel more smooth in the Accord (less buzzy), but not much. CVT's are not bad, though they definitely feel different than a traditional automatic. Under normal acceleration they're smooth and pretty silent, but when you step on it they jump to over 5k rpm's and stay there until you let off. As soon as you do they drop down and want to chill under 2k rpm's. You can't hold a gear so it feels like the engine is either asleep, or it's screaming at the top of it's lungs (while going nowhere with 185hp) and nothing in between.

If I were to buy an Altima (again) I'd get a 2.5 for next to nothing. If I were to buy an Accord (again) I'd probably go with the V6, since the MPG's aren't that much different....and the V6 comes with a traditional 6 speed automatic. Both are good "peasant" cars, though. I've never driven a Mazda 6, but I have a hard time believing that a 4cyl mid size sedan is so much fun to drive.

I drove my friends Rogue once and that was a TERRIBLE drive. Whenever I let off the gas it felt like the car was slowly dieing. Is that what you mean? If so, that makes my decision so easy...

I drove my friends Rogue once and that was a TERRIBLE drive. Whenever I let off the gas it felt like the car was slowly dieing. Is that what you mean? If so, that makes my decision so easy...

Yeah, exactly! It feels like an automatic that's missing 3rd and 4th gear :lol:. It's pretty annoying when you're cutting through traffic. I used them to commute, and I hardly hit traffic, so cruising at 70-80 it was cool.

Sheesh, I may just pass on that then.

So Mazda 6....white interior or black? :lol:

Realistically how hard would it be to keep a white interior clean? My fam used to have a Venza with gray leather and my jeans would stain the seats. I dont really wear raw denim like that anymore though.

Anyone own kumho ecsta tires ?

Its a pretty good tire depending on what youre looking for out of it. Doddge worked with kuhmo to develop new tires for the viper acr and I've heard those in particular are insanely good, but that's obviously not a tire most people are putting on their cars.

GT3 is amazing, that or the new Targa if the right money just happened to fall in my lap... Porsche got my head spinning right now :smh:

Happy Easter fellas, need some feedback

So... everyone says how bad it is to drop big money down when financing a car and that you're better off keeping the liquid and having a higher payment, but what if you legitimately want to control the size of your payment just for the sake of your budget etc and its a car you intend to keep, is this an issue? Is it really stupid to drop half the amount of the car if you have it for the sake of a low monthly payment?

Last edited:
GT3 is amazing, that or the new Targa if the right money just happened to fall in my lap... Porsche got my head spinning right now :smh:

Happy Easter fellas, need some feedback

So... everyone says how bad it is to drop big money down when financing a car and that you're better off keeping the liquid and having a higher payment, but what if you legitimately want to control the size of your payment just for the sake of your budget etc and its a car you intend to keep, is this an issue? Is it really stupid to drop half the amount of the car if you have it for the sake of a low monthly payment?
If I'm not mistaken it all depends on the rates yore getting and what true difference will it make. For example if I were to put another $1,500 towards my STI, it woulda only made like a $20 difference per month. Not worth it to me

Seeing so much Porche reminds me of this genius about 5 years ago. Young kid decided to park his 911 that his dad recently got him on the curb on a PILE OF LEAVES. Not a good move. By the time we got there, the poor metallic grey beauty was fully involved

Back
Top Bottom