\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I just let the numbers do the talking. And as you see, we be talking rather often.

When I did my first auto-x there was a new STI there, owner was talking extremely technical, like he was a pro and how he planned a LOT of things to prepare. He seemed like a big d-bag how he was talking, I didn't even ask him what he did...I swear I am not making this up :lol: :smh:

I had a better time than him every time, but I think a brz should be better at autox. not sure, don't care. Just thought it was funny, he reminded me of someone :nerd:

Ignoring the fact that he's about 1,000lbs. heavier, big power doesn't do much in AutoX. If anything, it cripples you at a certain point(especially if you're FI).

Last edited:
Ignoring the fact that he's about 1,000lbs. heavier, big power doesn't do much in AutoX. If anything, it cripples you at a certain point(especially if you're FI).

Not ignoring it, I stated a BRZ should be better. I only posted that due to the AutoX talk on the page, and it made me remember the wannabe pro driver who was really annoying that I met at an AutoX, who reminded me of another STI owner that used to post here... Also saw "very Auto-X competitive straight out of the factory" being posted regarding STI's, guess it's not very competitive? :lol:

Last edited:
Not again
Let's have a constructive thread here.

Because a person enjoys and admires the capabilities of his car he owns, should never be a reason for it to be a negative post. If he's bashing rides and trolling, that ruins the thread.

I love hearing what makes the car you chose to drive GREAT for you and what you wanted out of a car (generally speaking not to anybody specific). It makes owners or prospective owners aware of what they drive or the latter would give information on making a decision.

Posting positive performance, comfort, interior, electronics of a car is what any car thread should always contain. Cons of the vehicle are totally welcome as well as they both play crucial parts in the same exact scenarios described before this sentence.

Here's to a great thread with useful information, which will definitely include first-hand experience(very very very important information on a vehicle and its mods or stock) since some things look much better on paper or in picture than actual manual operation.

Last edited:

Not ignoring it, I stated a BRZ should be better. I only posted that due to the AutoX talk on the page, and it made me remember the wannabe pro driver who was really annoying that I met at an AutoX, who reminded me of another STI owner that used to post here... Also saw "very Auto-X competitive straight out of the factory" being posted regarding STI's, guess it's not very competitive? :lol:

In its class I would say so, yes. If it's not, information and/or opinions are welcome. But no, an STi was not mentioned in that post.

There are good cars and bad cars with every drivetrain configuration. Rather than starting a war over what is better, why not just enjoy the good cars from each category. My goal when I started collecting cars was to enjoy variety through all the configurations.

Currently I have FWD, RWD, AWD, MR and a 4x4 baby mobile. I just need that RR 911 to complete the group and it will be coming in the next couple years.

________

For example, I'd rather have my FWD ITR race car over many crappy RWD cars. To use a blanket statement saying one category is better than another is generalizing way too much. There are so many awesome cars in this world. Enjoy/try out as many of them as you can and hold on to the ones that feel special to you.

People in my circle always wonder why I still own an integra or S2000 since they are "kids" cars, but it's okay they won't ever really understand because they don't work on cars or build them for enjoyment.

There are good cars and bad cars with every drivetrain configuration. Rather than starting a war over what is better, why not just enjoy the good cars from each category. My goal when I started collecting cars was to enjoy variety through all the configurations.

Currently I have FWD, RWD, AWD, MR and a 4x4 baby mobile. I just need that RR 911 to complete the group and it will be coming in the next couple years.
________

For example, I'd rather have my FWD ITR race car over many crappy RWD cars. To use a blanket statement saying one category is better than another is generalizing way too much. There are so many awesome cars in this world. Enjoy/try out as many of them as you can and hold on to the ones that feel special to you.

People in my circle always wonder why I still own an integra or S2000 since they are "kids" cars, but it's okay they won't ever really understand because they don't work on cars or build them for enjoyment.

Solid post :smokin
[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Every single person that owns a vehicle is expecting something out of it. Which is why it's hard to determine which is "best" as there are many categories and factors that come into play. Certain cars are best at certain things, certain can do it all, certain are the worst in certain areas, etc.

Last edited:
There's always going to be a "wrong wheel drive" crowd, as with 3 pedals elitism.

I've seen the scum of the earth ( a good portion of Air Cooled 911 owners) try and talk down AWD 911s as hard as possible. Don't get me started on the rest.

Last edited:
In its class I would say so, yes. If it's not, information and/or opinions are welcome. But no, an STi was not mentioned in that post.

My bad then. Thought the quote was referring to it.
My gawd, I know of a Gawdly-sent 4-cylinder very Auto-X competitive straight out of the factory. Put in suspension work? Bruh.

The thing I love about HPDE and racing in general. The car is a tool. It's up to the person to use it to it's potential. Notice the Viper drivers hand :smile:

A couple of cars still on my personal list to own:

1. 2010 911 GT3RS (keeper)

2. Lotus Exige

3. Acura NSX 1998+

4. Toyota Supra Turbo 1995+

5. Ariel Atom with Honda motor

6. Corvette ZR1

Last edited:
here is my take on it (probably the wrong one)

everyone argues about what car is a better platform on the internet. who TF cares. buy the car you want to buy first, then make it do what you want it to do. i could care less what the factory potential of a car is if you buy that car and your suck staring at the car you really wanted every time you see it on the road.

besides it's fun being the underdog and uncommon race cars sure get a lot of attention at events.

Last edited:
Parents use to have a '00 2.7T A6. Had to give it up tho, car had so many problems and expensive as hell to fix.

I considered a 2.7t, but they are a huge jump in maintenance/repair costs compared to a standard 1.8t.

My parents store it here. i actually drove that car to prom when i was 16 (i'm 33 now). it's a 91 with 38k miles on it, they drive it like 10 times a year. only mods are a set of 2001 miata oem 16 inch wheels to replace the dinky little 14 inch wheels it came with and i had it repainted in 2 stage paint so it would shine better than the factory one stage paint that was fading. both of those being presents i did for them over the years. if i end up with it some day it's getting an LSx or cyote 5.0 in it.

Funny you say that. My dad's aunt is the original owner to a blue '91 Miata (unfortunately automatic). Last I heard, it had ~ 35,000 miles. The owner is getting older and bigger, both of which make it difficult for her to get into the car. However, they refuse to sell it.

Btw the blue s2000 with a wing a couple of pages ago is a real CR color.

And this is what a real tire on an s2000 looks like :smile:

I'm a huge fan of meaty and aggressive tires. RE-11s will probably be my next tires.

You Mom's MX-5 >>> Your Charger...

Sorry... But it's true... That Miata is just pristine and amazing... That car probably appreciated in value...
i can respect that opinion, but disagree about which is better for sure.

funny thing you mention value as the hard top we have for it is almost worth more than the car. no matter how nice they are they are not worth anything sadly. i find resale value to be the lowest quality my family looks for in a car since we keep them a long time. i have had the Charger since 07, i had a Dakota R/T for 13 years before i sold it a few years ago. the only car i ever bought with a short term basis in mind was my Caliber SRT4 which i just sold to get my Ram R/T which should stick around a looooong time.

as for the Charger vs. Miata i can understand if you like the Miata better. different strokes for different folks. i have become much more accepting to other peoples car tastes over the years. i don't think i have to tell you which one i would choose or thin is better, but i can also count the number of stock parts left in the drivetrain and suspension on the Charger on one hand at this point. lol. so it's kind of tailored to me and exactly how i want it.

Last edited:
Go for RE71R, they replace the older RE11 and are THE tire to have for track days. Rcomp like grip levels and you can safely drive home on them.

The RE71Rs look like a lovely tire, but are probably too aggressive for a car that might be daily driven. I'm surprised they are only $1/each more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom