\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What are yall detailing your car with?? what are you guys using? 

I'm getting my supplies together and was wondering what is everyone using??

Been watching this guy on youtube with the company called ammoNYC. 

Thinking about giving his product a try.

http://www.ammonyc.com/

Bought a whole bunch of different products, and I haven't even tried detailing yet :rofl:
Ah man, this is kind of funny to me.

But yea I would wash it every week and pay someone to detail the exterior every 2 months or so. Paid close attention to my interior and it's a 2015 so it never really needed any heavy detailing.

My car is at the shop awaiting some parts, then it's off to a different shop to get its suspension installed and dialed in. I probably won't see it for another 3 weeks or so.

Anyway Includes Chemical Guys, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Jescar, Collinite, Rain-X, 303 Products, The Rag Company (for all my microfibre needs), Surf City Garage, Griot's, Mckee's 37.Probably missing something.

andretti andretti

Well, I ended up fixing my bumper with a mate. Thought it was trashed with caulk holding it to the lamps, but it was all good. The R is pretty fun to drive, great cruiser, pretty nice without the need to clutch in at jams like my E39. Superb handling the best seats ever made, and a revvy straight 5. The issue with this GM auto trans is that it's torque limited to 238 in low gears and 260 up high, hitting 60 in 6.7. These GM boxes are made of 100% recycled tanks, but they still decided to limit the torque. That reminds me, it has 160K, better get the ATF checked.

At the end pf the day, my 540i is a whole second and then some faster, nevermind the torque. I looked at the $800 MTE ECU upgrade, which unlocks it to 300 and gets a fair bit of horses too. What do you think NT, should I plunge some grass cutting money on this? It's my fam's car tho, so my Bolbo fun days are numbered.

Last edited:
Honestly, IMO, if the car is for the family, I wouldn't sink 800 bucks into it. You'll never get that money back.

What are yall detailing your car with?? what are you guys using? 

I'm getting my supplies together and was wondering what is everyone using??

Been watching this guy on youtube with the company called ammoNYC. 

Thinking about giving his product a try.

http://www.ammonyc.com/

I've bought so many detailing products since I got my car that I need to stop :lol:

I stick with meguiars as far as polishing and waxing goes but there's a bunch of good stuff out there. Get yourself a claybar, some trix tar and iron remover, a wheel cleaner like sonax or an iron remover will work also and chemical guys maxi suds. Some microfiber waffle weave towels and an all purpose cleaner and you'll be good. Larry from ammo nyc has some very helpful tips, before getting all my stuff I watched all his videos to see what he does.

If you're looking for stuff check out http://www.detailedimage.com/, http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ and http://www.autogeek.net/ they run promos every few days. Autogeek will price match the other two sites also.

Last edited:
the volvo has the same engine as a colorado?
Nah. Twin intercooled (read: let's just put this tiny *** transmission cooler from our SUV here, because it'll totally help) 2.5L I5 Turbo.

Great part about it, is that it doesn't have a ton of gasket replacements needed like my M62, but it uses a timing belt lol. Silly Bolbo

Time to change my battery, takes forever to crank after I charged it up last night and it started instantly at that time.

inb4myengineexplodes

Last edited:
Finally picked my car up with a little neat gadget added to it. Can't say what it is, but it's for anti-theft purposes. Even though it's safe at home, you never know when I'm out and it's parked.

Oh, saw this thing. Have no idea wth it is. Confused the **** out of me.

Rb26 swap :smokin

Literally it's a FRS Skyline GT-R :lol:
But it's LHD :smokin

Has an ATTESA "AWD" system and all

Shouldve made it a baby STI swap the motor in and the awd system :lol:

Would've honestly been sick, but this is way more unique as it's completely imported.

He has a hatch '11+ STi he's building for WBM '17, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of their record breaking street cars as well.

That Jeep is nasty!

My boss just bought a brand new SRT8 and from what Ive heard that thing will MOVE. He said you can do 0-60 pulls and you can log your times and stuff, pretty awesome.

That Jeep is nasty!

My boss just bought a brand new SRT8 and from what Ive heard that thing will MOVE. He said you can do 0-60 pulls and you can log your times and stuff, pretty awesome.

Yup they move!

And yes since 09 there have been a thing on board called SRT Performance on the Jeeps (a couple yrs before that the Chargers, 300s, and Challys had them) pages that tracks 0-60, 1/8, 1/4 mile, braking distance, Gforces

Beautiful machine sir. :pimp:

Thank you!

Got my OEM BMW spoiler 
pimp.gif

Here's the engine from the Cuda i posted the other day

And we just brought this in. Street/track car. 1970 911 with a 993 motor. Got to take it for a 30 mile cruise the other day, incredibly fun to drive.

Back
Top Bottom