\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Here's a full view of the wheels since they're getting Road Force mounted and balanced next week on Michelin PSS'. Got quoted $1,250 so it's not bad at all.

Rays Engineering: Volk Racing ZE40 18x10+35. Volk's highest strength-to-weight ratio wheel produced to date.

Last edited:
:lol:

Technically, I'm not lying. It IS my new daily, but it's not MINE :lol: . It's my brothers car, I think I've posted it in here before. I'm just borrowing it since he's away for work for 3 weeks right now.

After driving it for a couple days, here are my thoughts. It's a nice car, handles great, but I'm not that impressed power wise. Maybe that's because I'm coming from my truck though, I dunno.

Technically, I'm not lying. It IS my new daily, but it's not MINE :lol: . It's my brothers car, I think I've posted it in here before. I'm just borrowing it since he's away for work for 3 weeks right now.

After driving it for a couple days, here are my thoughts. It's a nice car, handles great, but I'm not that impressed power wise. Maybe that's because I'm coming from my truck though, I dunno.

it is a tuner car after all :nerd:

Power-wise, I've already explained what I felt with an STi. Too underpowered out the factory, can't imagine what a WRX would feel like. All I've driven were always 400+hp cars since I was 19, so when I first purchased this I immediately grew bored of the power of the car but stayed inlove with the car and I probably forever will be.

With that also said, you're basically driving a BRZ with 1,000 extra pounds added to it waiting for the turbo to spool and give you disappointing power. Which is why you need to mod.

bouta say f it and cop me a Hyundai....maybe a genesis or one of their suvs. Wont lie cars are looking better and better each year

Look into Focal or those models, yes they are high quality.

The only thing kicker in my system is my multi-amp wiring kit, as the wire itself is high quality. The rest of their stuff, not for me.

JL subs you'll either need W6 or W7's for quality. They also pack a power with W7 being their flagship with the most power(too much for me), the W6's are perfect but my box/subs will be on and off my car.. Their Amps, those HD and XD are high quality but you'll need amps to also be compatible with your setup. Rockford Fosgate is also a good brand.

If you're looking into competition subs and amps then that'll be a different class, but way too much bass to even enjoy it. Your subs also will not be able to perform well without a professionally built box (computer-designed).

Crossovers get mounted closest to your woofer and made sure to be secure, tweeters get separated. You can also have a 3-way including a mid . Proper Sound deadening is also a must along with a quality head-unit. That 8100NEX is Pioneer's flagship model.
Thanks for the info.  I'm looking at upgrading the sound system in my old school and this helps.  I'm looking for a 'full' sound not a tingy, vocal-heavy sound (if that makes sense).  
My crossovers were installed inside the door even with having the 4ch amp. I have a JL sub but i want something thats not too mainstream. Everyone out here has JL, kicker, memphis. Im looking into sundowns but hear DCs are good stuff also. Looking at http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ helps a lot for a setup.
I've had a Rockford sub and an MTX sub.  They were decent enough.  Didn't like Kicker.  Have yet to hear JL subs but I have been told they are awesome.

He already said its his brothers car pal :lol:
I fell for it at first I was disappointed in you for a sec :smh:

Last edited:
Power-wise, I've already explained what I felt with an STi. Too underpowered out the factory, can't imagine what a WRX would feel like. All I've driven were always 400+hp cars since I was 19, so when I first purchased this I immediately grew bored of the power of the car but stayed inlove with the car and I probably forever will be.

With that also said, you're basically driving a BRZ with 1,000 extra pounds added to it waiting for the turbo to spool and give you disappointing power. Which is why you need to mod.
Yep, I can definitely see why they need more power. Turbo seems to come on around 3K rpm which isn't terrible, but I expected the power to keep building once the turbo spooled, and it just.... doesn't. Love how it corners though, definitely gives you confidence, I can see why people like to build them, with another 150 or so hp I bet it would be fun to drive and throw around. And if I was coming from a Kia Sorrento like my brother did, I'm sure the power would be plenty even stock :lol: . But I'm not.

Thank god. You really dodged a bullet there

He already said its his brothers car pal :lol:
I fell for it at first I was disappointed in you for a sec :smh:

Last edited:
If you think that cornering had a good feel, you need to try a VA STi.

Power will certainly not be there stock either. That's why I went E85/flex fuel at 10k + every simple bolt-on you can do on a stock turboo/TMIC + a few important suspension upgrades. Kept me content for a while, and definitely faster than any of my cars I've owned.

Stoked about getting all my new suspension parts installed along with my wheels, it's going to be a whole different car.

Last edited:
This dude always pops up in my feed. I don't follow him, though. But he basically has my setup minus E85 I believe. Probably at 315-320whp on a mustang dyno. His second time competing, believe he barely had any seat time before, and he's getting 3rd place vs vets with who knows what they have done to their car :lol: .

This is why the great drivers are able to dominate Rally America year after year after year after year after year, and so on.

Just found out the weekly Cars & Coffee here in Folsom got shut down for the foreseeable future
mean.gif

and you'll never guess why.

A car was revving loudly in the parking lot and did a burnout when it left.  So businesses in the area complained.

and yes, it was a Mustang.

Last edited:
Just found out the weekly Cars & Coffee here in Folsom got shut down for the foreseeable future :smh:  

A car was revving loudly in the parking lot and did a burnout when it left.  So businesses in the area complained.

Sucks when one guy ruins it for everyone else. :smh:

I legit thought it was a joke when my boss told me, because of all the Mustang car show memes and jokes that have been going around.

But i looked into it and sure enough 
mean.gif

Do you guys say Porsche or Porsche-a when talking about them to people in real life? 
laugh.gif

Just found out the weekly Cars & Coffee here in Folsom got shut down for the foreseeable future :smh:  

That sucks, but at least nobody was seriously injured amongst spectators.

Look into Focal or those models, yes they are high quality.

The only thing kicker in my system is my multi-amp wiring kit, as the wire itself is high quality. The rest of their stuff, not for me.

JL subs you'll either need W6 or W7's for quality. They also pack a power with W7 being their flagship with the most power(too much for me), the W6's are perfect but my box/subs will be on and off my car.. Their Amps, those HD and XD are high quality but you'll need amps to also be compatible with your setup. Rockford Fosgate is also a good brand.

If you're looking into competition subs and amps then that'll be a different class, but way too much bass to even enjoy it. Your subs also will not be able to perform well without a professionally built box (computer-designed).

Crossovers get mounted closest to your woofer and made sure to be secure, tweeters get separated. You can also have a 3-way including a mid . Proper Sound deadening is also a must along with a quality head-unit. That 8100NEX is Pioneer's flagship model.

Thanks for the info.  I'm looking at upgrading the sound system in my old school and this helps.  I'm looking for a 'full' sound not a tingy, vocal-heavy sound (if that makes sense).  .

You'll have to be a bit more specific. You want a full sound from what? Speakers? Subs? What kind of music do you mostly listen to? If you're referring to speakers that would all have to do with your EQ settings, speaker quality and music quality to get whatever type of sound you're looking for.

To get the most thump and power out of a sub youll need it in a ported box as opposed to sealed enclosure. I currently have 2 44-inch ports for each sub on my box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom