\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Nice looking cars everyone.

I try to wash/wax mine once a week with maintenance rinses here and there. Only thing I can't use is water based cleaner on my wheels.

I also have to hand wash it because it's too low to go through a quick wash.

What's y'all cleaning routine?

Wash once a week? Wax once a week as well?

What products y'all using as well?

Adam's products. Wash 1-2 times a week depending on weather and free time. I do a full detail (strip/clay/polish/seal) once in the spring with touch ups of spray sealant or wax once or twice during the summer. I try to get another strip and seal in the fall.

What's y'all cleaning routine?

Wash once a week? Wax once a week as well?

What products y'all using as well?

WASH ONCE A WEEK WITH 3 BUCKET METHOD AND WAX ONCE A MONTH. I JUST ORDERED CQUARTZ UK SO THE WAXING PORTION IS ABOUT TO BE ELIMINATED FOR ME :lol:

YOU HONESTLY WANT TO TOUCH THE PAINT AS SPARINGLY AS YOU CAN. THE LESS YOU TOUCH THE LESS CHANCE OF SWIRLS AND MARKS. I ONLY TOUCH MY PAINT 4 TIMES A MONTH. IF I GET SOME BIRD POOP OR BUG SPLATTER THEN I USE A QUICK DETAILER TO WIPE OFF OTHERWISE I LEAVE IT BE.

AS FOR PRODUCTS, I'M USING CHEMICAL GUYS. NOT THE BEST BUT WORKS FOR ME.

WHAT MAKES PAINT LOOK GOOD IS THE PREP. IF YOU PROPERLY WASH, DECONTAMINATE, CLAY AND 3, 2 STEP POLISH, I CAN BET THE WAX OR SEALANT WILL BE IRRELEVANT. ANYTHING WILL LOOK GOOD ON TOP OF GOOD PREP WORK.

It's drought szn over here in cali so a foam bath once a month, then I hit it with the spray meguiars wax for that smooth finish

Clean GTI btw, what year is it?

Thanks homie. It's a 2016, VW is basically giving them away this month with all the incentives and diesel gate fallout

Considering picking up a GTI at the end of the year when my lease ends because of this.

Considering picking up a GTI at the end of the year when my lease ends because of this.

Do it. Honestly the best "total package" car you can buy. Super fun, a good amount of power, luxury level refinement. Very spacious and efficient as well. And you can instantly add power with a cheap tune.

I was able to get about $7k off MSRP which was a no brainer :pimp:

WASH ONCE A WEEK WITH 3 BUCKET METHOD AND WAX ONCE A MONTH. I JUST ORDERED CQUARTZ UK SO THE WAXING PORTION IS ABOUT TO BE ELIMINATED FOR ME :lol:

YOU HONESTLY WANT TO TOUCH THE PAINT AS SPARINGLY AS YOU CAN. THE LESS YOU TOUCH THE LESS CHANCE OF SWIRLS AND MARKS. I ONLY TOUCH MY PAINT 4 TIMES A MONTH. IF I GET SOME BIRD POOP OR BUG SPLATTER THEN I USE A QUICK DETAILER TO WIPE OFF OTHERWISE I LEAVE IT BE.

WHAT MAKES PAINT LOOK GOOD IS THE PREP. IF YOU PROPERLY WASH, DECONTAMINATE, CLAY AND 3, 2 STEP POLISH, I CAN BET THE WAX OR SEALANT WILL BE IRRELEVANT. ANYTHING WILL LOOK GOOD ON TOP OF GOOD PREP WORK.

I'll have to look into cquartz.

Do you use the chemical guys foam cannon as well? Doing a hands free wash sounds awesome. Just foam up and rinse weekly and no scrubbing required. Will have to do more research on it.

Do it. Honestly the best "total package" car you can buy. Super fun, a good amount of power, luxury level refinement. Very spacious and efficient as well. And you can instantly add power with a cheap tune.

Do you have the PP?

I'll have to look into cquartz.

Do you use the chemical guys foam cannon as well? Doing a hands free wash sounds awesome. Just foam up and rinse weekly and no scrubbing required. Will have to do more research on it.

YEA I USE A FOAM CANNON. DEF WORKS WELL FOR A NO TOUCH WASH BUT I ADVISE A FOAM CANNON FOR THOSE WHO KEEP UP WITH THEIR CARS. IF YOU HAVE CAKED ON MUD, A FOAM CANNON JUST WONT DO THE WHOLE JOB :lol:

Do you have the PP?

I have an SE with Lighting Package.

For my budget,I could only choose between the LP and PP so I went with the former because driving at night is difficult for me due to my poor eye sight.

But the PP is awesome. Negligible upgrade in power IMO but the differential and the brakes from the golf R are awesome.

You may want to look into the 2017 models as well as the PP is becoming standard for all trims except the base model.

Damn, congrats Memphis! I love the black & white.

So, I'm keeping my 335i and gonna look at the Q5/Q7 for my wife tomorrow for the family car.

With that said, I really want to finally get an exhaust. Can't decide between VRSF, COBB, Vanguard and the BMW PE...

You got it for around $18k?

Anyone of yall have a lexus rx?

Would you recommend that or anything similar?

Whats the maintenance like on a lexus as far as bein able to do it yourself, and prices at the dealership?

Another shot of the GTI. I wish I could snap pics of the lighting package at night. The bi xenons are MEAN
pimp.gif
I had a golf R launch on me last week

That thing was fast as hell

Of course I'm biased but Golf R>>>>>Focus RS

They snake thing Ford does with front end of their performance variants is my favorite design feature out right now in mass produced vehicles. It just does so much for me

Back
Top Bottom