\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

got a high mileage c6 a6 a few months ago......all it needed was a new(rebuilt not new) alternator and shes been running fine since. drove it 300 miles from orlando to miami without knowing how good the car was and it brought me home, drive to work and back 20 miles a day...no problems.

NT mechanics though, this car has a weird "take off" at the beginning when i first apply the gas at a light, almost like the transmission is bad if i give it normal gas, i have to grandma it on the takeoff and then it drives normal afterwards, like twice i step on the gas (applying normal amount of gas not trying to speed) and i feel a jump under the car :/

Not sure what that is but i grandma it (thing feels like a german cadillac/lincoln anyways)
Transmission might be slipping due to low oil.

Anybody else can chime in?

everything you've heard until now about European cars is true. Doesn't mean don't buy one, it means just be more prepared to handle these situations as they come along because in most cases the thrill of owning one is well worth the cost of ownership. Between the two I'd still choose the GS though, just because the motor is powerful and proven, although looks wise I'm tired of it and prefer the A6. Other options should be A7, Q50s, 535i, CLS550, 650 gran coupe.

Last edited:
Will post my 2008 Audi A4, sometime next week. Dealership going to register it. It's in Rhode Island and I'm in Massachusetts so it's about a 45 min drive...

I like this story, keep going.

Will post pics next week.

You bought that used audi? It will give you problems. You're inheriting someone's headache

Yeah I bought it for $7,000. I thought Audi is one of the most reliable manufacturers?
U had it backwards mane, good luck wth that 7k Audi :lol: :smh:

There is a reason that these older German cars, which originally retail for twice what a Camry costs, end up depreciating so low that they end up being priced LOWER than a Camry, 10 years later. And the reason is NOT that the styling aged badly.

Last edited:
2018 GTI.
"Power is up from 210 HP to 227 HP, and the Performance Package goes from 230 HP to 245 HP."

also

https://jalopnik.com/audi-will-rs-all-the-cars-1788808207

What's the sticker price going to be?

Scooped these up the other day on fb marketplace for a STEAL off some girl who had no idea what they were :pimp:

BBS LM 19x8.5 +17 / 19x10 +25

They are kinda beat but I'll be refinishing them and redrill the lug pattern

The come up

drew drew :smokin Congrats!

Last edited:
Wonder when the US will see that GTI and wonder if they legitimately upped the power or are just now accurately reporting what current GTIs are making.

VW notorious for underrating their cars

There is a reason that these older German cars, which originally retail for twice what a Camry costs, end up depreciating so low that they end up being priced LOWER than a Camry, 10 years later. And the reason is NOT that the styling aged badly.

Damn, sounds like I bought a death sentence. I guess i'll live & learn when I see the "CHECK ENGINE" light on.

I'm thinking about purchasing a used luxury car...

I'm looking at 2014 Audi A6 2.0t 26K miles or 2014 Lexus GS 350 Ftype.

I already have a Lexus ES. I'm trading in my Toyota Venza due to the gas mileage...

I know about the Lexus but I'm curious about the Audi A6. Maintenance cost? Reliabilty? Common issues?

Anybody else can chime in?

My parents bought a C5 A6 when it came out (2.7t). Not sure of the problems, but it was the last time they ever purchased a car. Leased ever since.

Wonder when the US will see that GTI and wonder if they legitimately upped the power or are just now accurately reporting what current GTIs are making.

Yeah. I've seen MK7's dyno at 230, stock (I'm assuming w/ the PP).

Last edited:
Scooped these up the other day on fb marketplace for a STEAL off some girl who had no idea what they were :pimp:

The come up congrats

My '17 R just came in from the factory in Germany the other day. :nthat:

-Drew
Thing is beautiful man
Did you go with the DSG or stick?

That GTI refresh looks clean. Did they say it's supposed to hit the states some time soon or do we have to wait until after the European launch?

The come up congrats

My '17 R just came in from the factory in Germany the other day. :nthat:

-Drew
Thing is beautiful man
Did you go with the DSG or stick?

Thank you, bro.

Thought about manual when I was getting the car but in the end you just have to get it in DSG when you get the R.

yanky yanky thanks bruh. :nthat:

-Drew

Last edited:
^time to get that full turbo-back and stage 2 tune.

I have a stage 2 MKV and it's the perfect combo.  Really zippy when I need it to be, and a great cruiser when the folks are in the car.

Looking to upgrade to a MK6R eventually.  Haven't driven one, but I've heard they're less spritely than the GTI our of the box.

I'm thinking about purchasing a used luxury car...

I'm looking at 2014 Audi A6 or 2014 Lexus GS 350 Ftype.

I already have a Lexus ES. I'm trading in my Toyota Venza due to the gas mileage...

I know about the Lexus but I'm curious about the Audi A6. Maintenance cost? Reliabilty? Common issues?
Get the GS.

That GTI refresh looks clean. Did they say it's supposed to hit the states some time soon or do we have to wait until after the European launch?
Thank you, bro.

Thought about manual when I was getting the car but in the end you just have to get it in DSG when you get the R.

yanky yanky thanks bruh. :nthat:

-Drew

Historically it takes the US 1-2 years after the euros to get the new models. This just a refresh I believe so I expect maybe we'll get it on time

2018 GTI.
"Power is up from 210 HP to 227 HP, and the Performance Package goes from 230 HP to 245 HP."

also

https://jalopnik.com/audi-will-rs-all-the-cars-1788808207

What's the sticker price going to be?

i've never driven a GTI, but a dude i know just traded his 2012 WRX for a GTI and he said it pulls close to the WRX. numbers aside, i've heard for a while the mk7 is fun to drive.

price im guessing is gonna be mid to hi 20s? it was more expensive to buy than my base WRX..im guessing all these digital features will jack it up tho.

Last edited:
My '17 R just came in from the factory in Germany the other day.
nthat.gif

-Drew
Nice a fellow R owner. 
nthat.gif

VW quickly becoming the fourth faction of NT with Da Hemi, Da M3, and Subie Gang

Last edited:
2008 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T

I reset the Tire Pressure, and the "!" light is still on. What the heck?! :smh:

The side mirrors aren't folding either. Bringing this to the dealership tomorrow. Damn Audi's. :smh:

Test drove the 2013 WRX hatch today, was way different than my BRZ :lol:

It felt like a minivan on the inside coming from my car. Steering is so light, shifting had no feeling, and the clutch was heavy. I expected all of those things, but it differently wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The car just had no feeling and didnt feel like a sports car to me

When I got back to my car, my clutch felt like a feather, weighed absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom