\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Also on that facelifted GTI.

Wish they did that for the '17 with the whole model restructuring and cause I'm up for a new car next month -_-

^time to get that full turbo-back and stage 2 tune.

I have a stage 2 MKV and it's the perfect combo.  Really zippy when I need it to be, and a great cruiser when the folks are in the car.

Looking to upgrade to a MK6R eventually.  Haven't driven one, but I've heard they're less spritely than the GTI our of the box.

Definitely going to be going stage 2 in the future. I just want to reach at least 1000 miles on the R before I do though.

Any suggestions for a catback though?

My '17 R just came in from the factory in Germany the other day. :nthat:

-Drew
Nice a fellow R owner. :nthat:

VDub quickly becoming the fourth faction of NT with Da Hemi, Da M3, and Subie Gang

Much appreciated, bro. This mark 7 R was the perfect whip for me at the moment. Happy for it to be my first car purchase since getting out of college.

-Drew

Me and the homie went on a nice canyon run today hosted by Lamborghini north LA. We're in the white huracan right before the batmobile Aventador in the link below. All in all it was a cool event, really dope to see 25 exotics speeding down the highway. Never experienced anything like that before. The event hosts even covered our meal and drinks. They invited us to a vehicle unveiling on Tuesday but couldn't give more details as to what exactly the car will be.

A clip of a tunnel pass.

https://vid.me/0ouG

And just a shot of the bull, GMG Tune, exhaust w novitec springs. Adv.1 wheels.

Last edited:
Definitely going to be going stage 2 in the future. I just want to reach at least 1000 miles on the R before I do though.

Stage 2 really is the sweet spot on these cars.

Have an AWE turboback with diamond black tips on mine. Wouldn't change it for anything else.

My '17 R just came in from the factory in Germany the other day. :nthat:

-Drew

Congrats on the R family. These cars are amazing. I never cared much for them. But during this rally, my friend had a crazy tuned R and it was going head to head with a Porsche gt3. I was sold on it after that

2008 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T

I reset the Tire Pressure, and the "!" light is still on. What the heck?! :smh:

The side mirrors aren't folding either. Bringing this to the dealership tomorrow. Damn Audi's. :smh:

Did you actually check the tires to be at the correct levels etc. or you just reset it on the mmi screen? The 2nd won't help unless the first is done correctly. If that doesn't help, something may be getting in the way of your sensors or your sensors themselves are shot considering you got it used. Dealership will finesse you.

2008 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T

I reset the Tire Pressure, and the "!" light is still on. What the heck?! :smh:

The side mirrors aren't folding either. Bringing this to the dealership tomorrow. Damn Audi's. :smh:

The last thing you wanna do is take it to the dealership. Just get a new sensor for the tire somewhere if it is damaged and pay for labor. Also you should of got the Audi CPO'd if it's already having folding mirror issues. That's electrical and I hope nothing else pops up

The spare tire in the back? I should put air in that too?

Yeah try that.

Did you actually check the tires to be at the correct levels etc. or you just reset it on the mmi screen? The 2nd won't help unless the first is done correctly. If that doesn't help, something may be getting in the way of your sensors or your sensors themselves are shot considering you got it used. Dealership will finesse you.

The last thing you wanna do is take it to the dealership. Just get a new sensor for the tire somewhere if it is damaged and pay for labor. Also you should of got the Audi CPO'd if it's already having folding mirror issues. That's electrical and I hope nothing else pops up

I fixed the Tire Pressure. Went to the Audi Dealership and they showed me how to do it.

Now, How do i fold the mirrors on the 2008 A4? Do I have to do it manually? or can I use the knob on the driver side to do it?

I am under the warranty for 30 days. Bought the vehicle 11/2/2016

What's the best option for me to hook my iPhone up to the Audi Symphony factory system? No AUX only a cigarette lighter and CD player.

Yeah try that.

I fixed the Tire Pressure. Went to the Audi Dealership and they showed me how to do it.

Now, How do i fold the mirrors on the 2008 A4? Do I have to do it manually? or can I use the knob on the driver side to do it?

What's the best option for me to hook my iPhone up to the Audi Symphony factory system? No AUX only a cigarette lighter and CD player.

I would take the car to a independent audi mechanic and have them do a pre purchase inspection. Even though you already bought the car I want to know about everything that isnt working as it should before that 30 days is up. cant help with the other things but im sure someone here can. Good luck post pics

I just hope when the refreshed GTI & R hit the States VW doesn't strip it of all the goodies like the Motion control. They always keep all the good iish in Europe and send have us salivating. Glad to see the R's getting some respect in here, probably all do to you know who not being here :nerd: :lol:

Yeah try that.

I would take the car to a independent audi mechanic and have them do a pre purchase inspection. Even though you already bought the car I want to know about everything that isnt working as it should before that 30 days is up. cant help with the other things but im sure someone here can. Good luck post pics

Thanks bro, will do that.

Audizine is your friend

Checking the website, hold on...

The AMI (Audi Music Interface) outlet is in my glove compartment. However the actual port is deep into the glove compartment. How am I suppose to fit the cable link in there? It's narrow as hell.

Last edited:

The AMI (Audi Music Interface) outlet is in my glove compartment. However the actual port is deep into the glove compartment. How am I suppose to fit the cable link in there? It's narrow as hell.
I'm not sure why it's difficult.  I just bought the MMI cable and plugged it in to mines.  It's not that far deep.  

In regards to your mirrors. Are you sure you have the power folding mirrors?  They were a limited option on 2008 A4s.  You have to go into the MMI system to turn it on if you indeed have it.  

I'm not sure why it's difficult.  I just bought the MMI cable and plugged it in to mines.  It's not that far deep.  

In regards to your mirrors. Are you sure you have the power folding mirrors?  They were a limited option on 2008 A4s.  You have to go into the MMI system to turn it on if you indeed have it.  

Ahhhhh I see. I have power mirrors but power folding i'm not sure. I have the knob options for the left (9 o'clock) and right (3 o' clock)side mirrors and there's an knob option for one directly in the middle (12 o'clock). For the power folding mirrors am i suppose to have a knob option at 6' o clock?

+ About to take pics of the MMI AMI outlet in my glove box. Hold on...

This is the port/dock in the glove compartment. It looks like a iPod Nano could fit in there or something...

Last edited:

Much appreciated, bro. This mark 7 R was the perfect whip for me at the moment. Happy for it to be my first car purchase since getting out of college.

-Drew
Not too familiar with the MK7 - but if you have time on your hand check out the VWVortex and GolfMK7 forums for great user reviews.  Will be an absolute beast once you're fully Stage 2.  Should provide you with amazing power on tap and with the comfort and drivability that STi's/EVO's don't have.

This is the port/dock in the glove compartment. It looks like a iPod Nano could fit in there or something...
Might be worth joining an Audi forum and asking these sorts of questions there my dude, you're gonna get much better answers there then you will on a shoe forum.

Might be worth joining an Audi forum and asking these sorts of questions there my dude, you're gonna get much better answers there then you will on a shoe forum.

Just joined Audizine and waiting for a validation e-mail. It's been over four hours and i haven't received one. :smh:

I don't think you have the Ipod interface on yours.  This is what the ipod interface looks like

If this is what your console looks like, then you don't have it.  This is the Base A4 model that didn't have the full interface.

This is what the Upgraded Premium Plus/Prestige Model looks like.  

To answer your question about the folding mirrors, that knob is for the power mirrors.  Not for the power folding.  You have to go into the MMI interface to turn that feature on.  I don't think the base model included that feature.  

Like others have recommend, you'll get better answers if you join Audizine

Back
Top Bottom