\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Check your spam box

Not there.

I don't think you have the Ipod interface on yours.  This is what the ipod interface looks like

If this is what your console looks like, then you don't have it.  This is the Base A4 model that didn't have the full interface.

This is what the Upgraded Premium Plus/Prestige Model looks like.  

To answer your question about the folding mirrors, that knob is for the power mirrors.  Not for the power folding.  You have to go into the MMI interface to turn that feature on.  I don't think the base model included that feature.  

Like others have recommend, you'll get better answers if you join Audizine

Both console's are a bit different from mine but i do have the base model. No navigation, no Color LCD.

But thanks for the help fellas.

Just copped a 2017 Q3 for the wife and baby on the way, tried to convince her on the Q5 instead but she liked the size of the Q3 better :lol:

Anyone know how to fix doors that wont open?

My 13 silverado driver side door wont open from the inside, but will from the outside.

I took the panel off and i dont see a rod that could have fallen off, theres a big peice of insulation and another lil metal panel in the way.

Looked it up on you tube but couldnt find anyrging specific.

My '17 R just came in from the factory in Germany the other day. :nthat:

-Drew

Congrats on the R family. These cars are amazing. I never cared much for them. But during this rally, my friend had a crazy tuned R and it was going head to head with a Porsche gt3. I was sold on it after that

Thanks bro. Just feel happy to have a R to call my own. :nthat:

I just hope when the refreshed GTI & R hit the States VW doesn't strip it of all the goodies like the Motion control. They always keep all the good iish in Europe and send have us salivating. Glad to see the R's getting some respect in here, probably all do to you know who not being here :nerd: :lol:

Tell me about it, man. The LED tail lights, moon roof, and the auto fold in mirrors would've been nice to have lol. Now I have to switch the tail lights. Planning on doing it after i get my roof wrapped today.

Definitely going to be going stage 2 in the future. I just want to reach at least 1000 miles on the R before I do though.

Any suggestions for a catback though?

Much appreciated, bro. This mark 7 R was the perfect whip for me at the moment. Happy for it to be my first car purchase since getting out of college.

-Drew

Not too familiar with the MK7 - but if you have time on your hand check out the VWVortex and GolfMK7 forums for great user reviews.  Will be an absolute beast once you're fully Stage 2.  Should provide you with amazing power on tap and with the comfort and drivability that STi's/EVO's don't have.

Most definitely man. I'll check up on it. I was thinking of getting an STI or an Evo but went with the R because of all the creature comforts.

-Drew

Choices. I can't make up my mind. I have a RAM 1500 now and like the utility of a pickup but the face of the 4runner is awesome.

Cant go wrong either way, I like the looks of the Tacoma better though. That front bumper of the new 4runner just kills it for me.  Go with the Tacoma if you need the use of a pickup truck bed, go with the 4runner if you don't

Pulled up to work this AM and while inside the building my buddy decided to snap some quick pics. Thought I'd share 2 good ones with the car fam. #RumbleGangCallOut

Last edited:
Choices. I can't make up my mind. I have a RAM 1500 now and like the utility of a pickup but the face of the 4runner is awesome.

Been thinking about this down the line. I'm waiting until my ram is out of warranty and to have some more positive equity in my truck before I trade it in. I'd probably only get a grand or two currently. I was never a big Tacoma guy, but the new ones have really grown on me.

I would recommend the Tacoma. I have one myself. Having a truck gives u more options of hauling stuff and such. Plus the tacomas hold their value extremely well.

Get a Tacoma and you can come do this. Either way you can't go wrong. It's great to have the 4Runner for every day things. Tacoma is great for hauling and having fun but you can also have fun with the 4Runner.

Get a Tacoma and you can come do this. Either way you can't go wrong. It's great to have the 4Runner for every day things. Tacoma is great for hauling and having fun but you can also have fun with the 4Runner.

Either one would be getting a suspension upgrade real quick.

Inspiration

Definitely going to be going stage 2 in the future. I just want to reach at least 1000 miles on the R before I do though.

Any suggestions for a catback though?
Much appreciated, bro. This mark 7 R was the perfect whip for me at the moment. Happy for it to be my first car purchase since getting out of college.

-Drew
I'd suggest looking at the JB1/JB4 before going before a full tune. 

Man I wish I had my own garage attached to my house. I hate paying for a spot :frown:

Looked into buying a townhouse with a garage in nyc but thats damn near impossible.

I'd suggest looking at the JB1/JB4 before going before a full tune. 
I'm waiting for either OEM+ from racingline or the AMS tune when they release. I'm confident these tuners are going to deliver the best products based on their track record (pun intended)

I don't like the idea of "tricking" the computer with piggybacks.

ANYBODY USE OR HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE QUICKJACK? SAW AT SEMA. LOOKS DOPE. I CAN'T PUT A LIFT IN MY GARAGE BUT THIS SEEMS LIKE A REASONABLE ALTERNATIVE:

https://www.quickjack.com/how-quickjack-works.html
Cool concept.  Also take a look at the Scissor lift from Twin Busch if you need something like this that puts the car higher in the air.  My buddy ordered one for the house he's building. It's gonna be recessed flush into the garage floor, very nice setup.

ANYBODY USE OR HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE QUICKJACK? SAW AT SEMA. LOOKS DOPE. I CAN'T PUT A LIFT IN MY GARAGE BUT THIS SEEMS LIKE A REASONABLE ALTERNATIVE:

https://www.quickjack.com/how-quickjack-works.html

Cool concept.  Also take a look at the Scissor lift from Twin Busch if you need something like this that puts the car higher in the air.  My buddy ordered one for the house he's building. It's gonna be recessed flush into the garage floor, very nice setup.

DAMN. THAT TWIN BUSCH IS DOPE. THE PROBLEM IS MY CEILING HEIGHT WON'T ALLOW FOR THE HIGHER LIFT AND THE CENTER PORTION IS BLOCKING ME FROM ROLLING AROUND ON MY CREEPER UNLESS I GET THE TWIN SCISSOR LIFT AND I'M NOT PAYING 2800 :lol:

I THINK THE QUICK JACK WILL SERVE ME WELL. IT IS ALSO LIGHT ENOUGH THAT I CAN TOSS IN IN THE TRUNK AND TAKE IT WITH ME TO THE TRACK. WILL POST A REVIEW ONCE I GET IT IN AND ASSEMBLED.

Last edited:

I'm waiting for either OEM+ from racingline or the AMS tune when they release. I'm confident these tuners are going to deliver the best products based on their track record (pun intended)

I don't like the idea of "tricking" the computer with piggybacks.
I feel you. I just bought mine so I don't want to mess with the warranty. JB1 hasn't had any known issues so far. Power delivery is smooth and linear (about as linear as a turbo'd car can be). Maps are tweaked for safety more than anything. 

Stage 1 power with the jb4 while still maintaining warranty 
pimp.gif
 Once I get closer to the warranty expiring I'll probably go APR Stage 3 with the Golf R turbo. The GTI is plenty fast stock. Having a little extra kick by switching between maps whenever I want will be awesome. 

Either one would be getting a suspension upgrade real quick.

Inspiration

That's some nice inspiration. My gf wants a 4Runner but the pro edition. I rather get the off road edition and do the suspension myself. I have fox on my Tacoma so I want to go with kings for the 4Runner. That'll be the camping/grocery getter.

Back
Top Bottom