\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Congrats on the Hellcat!

And that break in procedure is more for the rest of the powertrain (trans and rear diff) than the engine. Those need to be broken in properly

All SRT engines are dyno tested before insertion into the vehicle during the assembly process.

What sucks even more about that 500 mile break in is that it's 100% guaranteed the dealer took that car to redline already.

aren't most performance cars these days tested thoroughly before they're actually delivered? i think i remember reading before that all amg's and m's are taken around a track before being shipped off. i'd still follow the break in period just to be safe though obviously. can't help what happened to it before it got to you.

Congrats on the Hellcat!

And that break in procedure is more for the rest of the powertrain (trans and rear diff) than the engine. Those need to be broken in properly

All SRT engines are dyno tested before insertion into the vehicle during the assembly process.
thank bro. i figured it was for the entire powertrain. i've seen manufacturing videos of them dyno testing the engine before it meet the chassis. either way it's annoying. 

aren't most performance cars these days tested thoroughly before they're actually delivered? i think i remember reading before that all amg's and m's are taken around a track before being shipped off. i'd still follow the break in period just to be safe though obviously. can't help what happened to it before it got to you.
what's crazy is some cars have a logged top speed of 200+ mph day 1 of delivery. mines was 62 mph though, weird.

do it papi
pimp.gif
try and get the 335i tho
nerd.gif
the newer ones with the n55 are more reliable than the early models since they fixed some of the problems
I have a 2012 Silverado Z71 right now. It's a boat, and the gas bill is burning a hole in my pocket. Is the extra HP worth the extra price of the 335i? What other benefits does owning a 335i give you vs a standard 328i?

I'm wanting to stay under 20k. I can get a 12-13 328i coupe with LOW miles for that price, while the average 335i in the same price range will be a 09-10 and have about 70-80k miles

Other cars I've been looking at are are the G37 coupe, IS350, and BRZ.
If you were going to go the 328 route and don't really care about speed as much as comfort  I'd consider a 2012+ 528 with low miles. Also I think the price difference between the 528 and the 535 are a lot less exaggerated than that of the 3 series

do it papi :pimp: try and get the 335i tho :nerd: the newer ones with the n55 are more reliable than the early models since they fixed some of the problems
I have a 2012 Silverado Z71 right now. It's a boat, and the gas bill is burning a hole in my pocket. Is the extra HP worth the extra price of the 335i? What other benefits does owning a 335i give you vs a standard 328i?

I'm wanting to stay under 20k. I can get a 12-13 328i coupe with LOW miles for that price, while the average 335i in the same price range will be a 09-10 and have about 70-80k miles

Other cars I've been looking at are are the G37 coupe, IS350, and BRZ.

i think the 335i gets the same MPG as the 328i and i know the 328i is pretty reliable

but all im saying is if you cant get a 2011+ 335i dont get a 335i :lol:

Last edited:
i think the 335i gets the same MPG as the 328i and i know the 328i is pretty reliable

but all im saying is if you cant get a 2011+ 335i dont get a 335i :lol:

Didn't they fix all the turbo issues with a recall and whatnot for 2007+?

Last edited:
The earlier 335s are actually better, unless you get a 335IS which is the best of them all.  The early ones had failing wastegates and fuel pumps, both of which are warrantied until like 100k or 120k so you can find a lot of them where those issues are already taken care of.

The earlier 335s are actually better, unless you get a 335IS which is the best of them all.  The early ones had failing wastegates and fuel pumps, both of which are warrantied until like 100k or 120k so you can find a lot of them where those issues are already taken care of.
isn't the 335is the rarest one?

n54 is more mod friendly but has issues like they have said above. If you dont care about hp tbh get the 328 or another car all together if your not set on a bmw.

The 335is is unique because it still used the N54 engine instead of the updated N55 that also released the same year.

The 335is is unique because it still used the N54 engine instead of the updated N55 that also released the same year.
yup the 335is has a N54 with a DCT

I think im pretty lucky my wastegates dont rattle at all and im running 30-40% e85 on my stock low pressure and high pressure fuel pump

but if anyone buys a 335i i recommend you have $3000-$4000 in the bank for repairs

Last edited:
My buddy has an 08 335i that he's modded to roughly 500whp and he daily drives it as well as track days one or two times per month at Sonoma and Thunder Hill. Safe to say the car has seen some abusive driving. I think he's put roughly 25k miles on the car since he bought it. Stock original turbos still doing fine and he hasn't done any work other than brake pad changes and fluid changes.

Last edited:

My buddy has an 08 335i that he's modded to roughly 500whp and he daily drives it as well as track days one or two times per month at Sonoma and Thunder Hill. Safe to say the car has seen some abusive driving. I think he's put roughly 25k miles on the car since he bought it. Stock original turbos still doing fine and he hasn't done any work other than brake pad changes and fluid changes.
The inside of the n54 is pretty much bullet proof

Mines around 450whp on stock turbos

He's lucky no major problems with his car yet.

Back
Top Bottom