\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Order a small $1 sample of each color you're considering and look at it in all types of lighting. Did half my car the first time and it looked great in my garage. Took it outside and it looked more brown than gray so I took it off and started all over.
Would it be possible to color match my paint with vinyl? I wanna do the front lip on my mustang. If so what website would I go to?

Order a small $1 sample of each color you're considering and look at it in all types of lighting. Did half my car the first time and it looked great in my garage. Took it outside and it looked more brown than gray so I took it off and started all over.
How hard  and expensive is this. I have an AE86 hatch and the paint is horrendous.

Is it hard to wrap or is it time consuming? Or does it matter if its a truck or car?

doesn't matter if it's a truck or a car. it's pretty time consuming, but aspects of it are hard to perfect.

Would it be possible to color match my paint with vinyl? I wanna do the front lip on my mustang. If so what website would I go to?

i get all my vinyl from metrorestyling.com. i don't know if it's possible to color match it exactly, but you might be able to get really close. depends on how anal you are i guess. otherwise since it's a lip, you could always just do carbon fiber vinyl or black or something.

How hard  and expensive is this. I have an AE86 hatch and the paint is horrendous.

like i said, the vinyl will cost about $400-$600 depending on how big your vehicle is. for your car, it'd be closer to $400. it's pretty hard to get it to look perfect though. you can come pretty close with a few small wrinkles here and there, but if you're anal, then that's not gonna be good enough. the front bumper was a ****** ***** to do. front fenders are by far the easiest. small panel and no door handles to remove. i could do that in like 15 min if i needed to. once i perfected it, it took me an average of one hour per body panel. it's so boring and tedious though that i couldn't mentally do more than one panel per day.

What do you guys think of the 9th gen V6 Accord coupe? FWD sucks but the interior features / tech are superior to anything else in the 20k price range.

You get Honda reliability, cost of ownership is cheap, it's a nice looking coupe, and the interior seems like it could go toe to toe with cars that cost 10-15k more.

I'm starting to lean this way.

always been a fan of the accord sedans the new ones are :pimp: the coupes are alright

i was looking at an 06 aston for 42k. glad i came to my senses b/c i would only be paying for the name. I'll just keep it modest and check out some 14 vettes. close to the same price but much more modernized.
Damn didn't realize how much they came down, seems like a bargain. Vettes still kinda got that old man stigma though.

HHHHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGG

^The new supra looks disappointing as far as styling goes from that video but I hope I'm wrong.

What do you guys think of the 9th gen V6 Accord coupe? FWD sucks but the interior features / tech are superior to anything else in the 20k price range.

You get Honda reliability, cost of ownership is cheap, it's a nice looking coupe, and the interior seems like it could go toe to toe with cars that cost 10-15k more.

I'm starting to lean this way.

I have a 2015 V6 coupe. If you can find one with the hfp kit lean towards that one. Tech features are cool but I'm bored of the car after 2 years. I want something with more power but as far as reliability goes it's rock solid. I don't drive much but with regular maintenance obviously it will last long.

A friend of mine traded in his ecoboost mustang for the GT model. He has no regrets and I'm excited to actually ride in one,

Your friend made a wise decision.

Last edited:
i was looking at an 06 aston for 42k. glad i came to my senses b/c i would only be paying for the name. I'll just keep it modest and check out some 14 vettes. close to the same price but much more modernized.
Damn didn't realize how much they came down, seems like a bargain. Vettes still kinda got that old man stigma though.

Not sure how you think this has an old man stigma.

Not sure how you think this has an old man stigma.

Around my way there are definitely more older black men (40-50's) pushing vettes

The young boys seem to be about the Camaro

Yeah man, everyone has a preference. I'm geared more towards performance rather than looks but the new Camaro looks much better than previous years. I'll give it that.

Last edited:
If you haven't done launch control in a 991 Turbo, you haven't lived. My god. Definitely want a Turbo instead of a GT car now. I still can't get over how fast that thing is.

Regular Turbo. They also upgraded me to a GT3RS for free. I had no business behind the wheel of that thing. The Turbo, by contrast, is incredibly confidence inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom