\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

alot of nitpicking.

i don't mind da parts bin approach (cheap replacement parts) or even lack of tech (personally i hate too much tech), but da price has to reflect that in da MSRP.

sounds like a great car to have once depreciation hits...... except we're talking bout a used Maserati. :lol:

Last edited:
alot of nitpicking.

i don't mind da parts bin approach (cheap replacement parts) or even lack of tech (personally i hate too much tech), but da price has to reflect that in da MSRP.

sounds like a great car to have once depreciation hits...... except we're talking bout a used Maserati. :lol:

That's what I'm saying and he has the most basic no option 2014 1st model they had when they just started the Ghibli I think. They've improved a lot since then. It's hard competition going up again the E and 5 series.

Looking at the new 4runners as well. Is the previous V8 that much faster than the current gen 6? Assuming the squashed the V8 because power was negligible? Asking because I honestly don't know.
 245 HP vs. 275 HP. The V8 is a lot smoother and quieter.
Honestly, it was the right move. With stricter laws on mpg and the price of oil at a all time high 7 years ago, I'm sure the demand for the V8 was very low.

Plus if you're buying a truck/SUV, chances are you're not buying for speed but rather power which torque is more important.
IDK there's a pretty high demand for the 5.7 Hemi.

The V8 was also a full-time 4WD/AWD compared to the part-time 4WD on the V6 which was an "on the fly" system and was finnicky as hell. It completely stopped working in my 2004. The only way to fix it was to pull apart the transfer case which was about $2-3K in labor alone. I said screw it and kept it as a RWD before I dumped it. The V8 also had much better towing capability.

4.7L V8 full time 4WD > 4.0L V6 with suspect 4WD drive train

Turbos are inherently efficient. Unless something changes with this Trump administration, turbo 4 bangers is the future. But y'all already knew that.

Autonomous driving going to be the trend going forward. Hence why Ford fired their CEO. Coming sooner than you think, especially for trucks

245 HP vs. 275 HP. The V8 is a lot smoother and quieter.

IDK there's a pretty high demand for the 5.7 Hemi.

The V8 was also a full-time 4WD/AWD compared to the part-time 4WD on the V6 which was an "on the fly" system and was finnicky as hell. It completely stopped working in my 2004. The only way to fix it was to pull apart the transfer case which was about $2-3K in labor alone. I said screw it and kept it as a RWD before I dumped it. The V8 also had much better towing capability.

4.7L V8 full time 4WD > 4.0L V6 with suspect 4WD drive train

I hear you. I am looking at the 16-17 limited with the 4WD, other models just have 4x4. Like it was stated though, when you can make greater power with a more efficient engine, that trumps it all. Would be interesting once Toyota starts catching up with the rest of the pack and start implementing turbos. They have on their Lexus side. Imagine a 4runner to Tacoma turbo :smokin would be the greatest truck.

If the 4Runner still offered a V8 I would be getting a new one. I can't find a used one with a reasonable amount of miles so I've switched my search to a Grand Cherokee Limited with a 5.7 or 6.4 SRT8.

Wranglers hold their value better than any car that I know of. Tried finding a used one a couple years ago and was dumbfounded at how much they were going for. Congrats on the pickup, it really looks great. Rode in them a couple times before and the ride is pretty rough.

Yea, they don't depreciate like other whips out there.

When I was shopping around, I saw a bunch of 2012 > JKs with upwards of 70k+ miles going for between 30-40k. Even some out there with over 100k miles still getting good value on their sales.

It's common knowledge that the 2014 Ghibli was mid upon release. Dodge Dart & Chrysler 200 parts in a car that was near 6 figures smh.

So remember we were talking about the 335i and the M3, well...

Finessed it so I could keep the 335i and copped a 2008 Alpine White M3 with the updated iDrive unit the other night. Been super lazy, but I'm gonna try to get some pics up tomorrow. This 9k redline screaming is crazy 
pimp.gif

Finessed it so I could keep the 335i and copped a 2008 Alpine White M3 with the updated iDrive unit the other night. Been super lazy, but I'm gonna try to get some pics up tomorrow. This 9k redline screaming is crazy 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

People arguing which one to buy so son just said **** it and got both 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Awesome man, white M3's are so sexy.  6mt or DCT?  CF roof? 

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Definitely had to go with 6MT. No CF roof, I wish. Couldn't pass it up though so I'm going to have the roof wrapped black. My search was nationwide until this guy in VA popped up selling a '08, newer iDrive, black interior (gonna try to swap out to red eventually), black comp package wheels and LED angel eyes at 58k miles for 27k.

Cosmetic mods soon, performance later - complete opposite of my 335i. Simple stuff like gloss black M3 emblem, black side markers, white reflectors, interior LEDs, LCI tails, etc.

Performance - MS underdrive pulley, MS intake, MS x-pipe...

Sorry, I have a little OCD when it comes to stuff like this because I like to have everything planned out 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Definitely had to go with 6MT. No CF roof, I wish. Couldn't pass it up though so I'm going to have the roof wrapped black. My search was nationwide until this guy in VA popped up selling a '08, newer iDrive, black interior (gonna try to swap out to red eventually), black comp package wheels and LED angel eyes at 58k miles for 27k.

Cosmetic mods soon, performance later - complete opposite of my 335i. Simple stuff like gloss black M3 emblem, black side markers, white reflectors, interior LEDs, LCI tails, etc.

Sorry, I have a little OCD when it comes to stuff like this because I like to have everything planned out 
laugh.gif

Nice man, sounds like a great find.  Definitely scoop up those IND paint matched reflectors ASAP, the stock ones looking like a bicycle reflector, absolutely horrible. The LCI tails are a huge improvement to the appearance too.  

I also highly recommend the M-Performance CF spoiler as well. That was probably my favorite cosmetic addition on mine, it totally changes the look of the rear.

Last edited:

People arguing which one to buy so son just said **** it and got both :lol: :pimp:

Sorry, I have a little OCD when it comes to stuff like this because I like to have everything planned out :lol:  

Follow

https://www.instagram.com/projectmmotors/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/projectmmotors_parts/?hl=en

They are in NJ and always have interior pieces for sale

Haha dude no way. My friend is selling his 2008 m3 so I've been browsing Craigslist daily looking at the local market for him. I remember seeing an 08 with the updated idrive. My friend has a convertible with 82k miles and had it listed at like $26k so I told him to lower his price after seeing that car. Hope you negotiated down from $27k though, because even that one was overpriced imo.

Finessed it so I could keep the 335i and copped a 2008 Alpine White M3 with the updated iDrive unit the other night. Been super lazy, but I'm gonna try to get some pics up tomorrow. This 9k redline screaming is crazy :pimp:  

hold this W :pimp:

Turbos are inherently efficient. Unless something changes with this Trump administration, turbo 4 bangers is the future. But y'all already knew that.

actually da downsizing trend is a wrap.

"Emissions tend to go up as engines get smaller," he said, referring to the way that small-capacity engines can perform worse in real world Driving Emissions Tests (RDE) due to be introduced in Europe in 2019 as part of the Worldwide Harmonized Light-duty Vehicles Testing Procedure (WLTP)

He says the disparity between current tests and real-world consumption and emissions is also wide in China where cars sit in traffic for much of their lives, but the new American tests, which have effectively added 40 per cent to the total emissions detected in tests, have closed the gap.

His opinion echoes a Reuters report last autumn which stated that new emissions tests had exposed flaws in downsized engines. In real life, the report stated, these turbocharged units have a tendency to overheat when their tiny turbos are called on to deliver real-world performance.

To combat this, the engine's software strategy will over-fuel the engine, which results in increased emissions of CO2, oxides of nitrogen as well as unburnt hydrocarbons, particulates and carbon monoxide.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/age-engine-downsizing-says-volkswagen/

Back
Top Bottom