\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Buy a car where the auto manufacturer doesn't inflate numbers to sell units :lol:

My GTI is "rates at 210/258" but consistently makes 235/270 across all users

With made up statistics, I just assume 3 in 5 mk7 GTIs on the street are over 300hp
Given that like 1 in 5 drivers is a female and 1 in 4 males knows absolutely nothing about his car. 2 Got Stage 1 Tuned within the first year and 1 is waiting on a warranty to expire lol.

Thoughts on getting a CPO 2012 BMW 750Li, 82K miles for $23K?

Will be for weekend ride to stunt lol

Worried about maintenance and all that
Make sure you have ends for the maintenance they are a MOFO. Even if you know a shop you trust they are expensive. I once had a bill of 20K to fix some stuff on my 545. DAMN car wasn't even worth that at that point in time. Traded that in real fast for an Audi S5 I LOVED that car.
FB_IMG_1500515728664.jpg

Last edited:
Thoughts on getting a CPO 2012 BMW 750Li, 82K miles for $23K?

Will be for weekend ride to stunt lol

Worried about maintenance and all that

I think the '12 and up CLS are one of the best stunt for your buck cars out there in terms of looks. I'd also go 5 instead of 7 if you want to go bmw and don't need the space but instead of dropping 23k on it if you're just going to use it on weekends to stunt you may be better off in a new lease. I strongly believe that in 3 years you'll lose ~half of the value on that 7 series.. If the car's been well maintained maintenance might not really be an issue but if something major does go wrong it has a higher potential of been crazy expensive.

Sidenote: there's no asterisks anymore? lmao

So if I get the 750 it's most likely going to require maintenance soon as it's at high mileage? I'm a decent driver and take care of my cars pretty well

vietster vietster definitely not saying you will, my dad's old 5 series has 200k(!!!) miles on it and runs fine. I've said it here a couple times that BMWs have never given us any major problems that would make us not buy again. But in the event that you do have to repair something major, it won't be cheap unless you have the ability to fix it yourself

Buy a car where the auto manufacturer doesn't inflate numbers to sell units :lol:

My GTI is "rates at 210/258" but consistently makes 235/270 across all users

My engine is 13 years old. You think inflated numbers are going to help sell units? It's been generally the same power numbers since the cars inception in North America. Besides I don't think crank horsepower is inflated numbers, I just think cars are being advertised closer to wheel horsepower on paper by manufacturers these days.

So if I get the 750 it's most likely going to require maintenance soon as it's at high mileage? I'm a decent driver and take care of my cars pretty well

Parents had a CPO 745i, nothing but problems. Avoid the headache. Don't do it.

There is no most likely about, it will require maintenance. I remember an oil change for my 545 was $200 one time, it was covered by extended warranty but they still gave me the invoice with a zero balance.
vietster vietster ...But in the event that you do have to repair something major, it won't be cheap unless you have the ability to fix it yourself
Which is very doubtful since not many people have the right tools to work on foreign cars, sure you can go to advance and get the right tool for an American car. However foreign cars not so easy to pick up, plus the electronics and gadgets in them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up fellas.
What do you want in the car looks, performance, clout? I hate to say it because I don't want to sound bias now that I own one, however, what about an older LS or GS Lexus. Maintenance won't be cheap but they do have a better track record in terms of maintenance frequency. First two are LS460 third is GS 450.
6100285537_9260f9078a_b.jpg IMG1628-L.jpg 9446830658_ba5e4bbd4a_b.jpg

Last edited:
My engine is 13 years old. You think inflated numbers are going to help sell units? It's been generally the same power numbers since the cars inception in North America. Besides I don't think crank horsepower is inflated numbers, I just think cars are being advertised closer to wheel horsepower on paper by manufacturers these days.

Lmao I'm just giving you crap. I thought it was a newer STI. Those numbers for 13 years are very impressive then. Goes to show how ahead of their time those EJ motors are

With made up statistics, I just assume 3 in 5 mk7 GTIs on the street are over 300hp
Given that like 1 in 5 drivers is a female and 1 in 4 males knows absolutely nothing about his car. 2 Got Stage 1 Tuned within the first year and 1 is waiting on a warranty to expire lol.
Rightfully so. A flash really wakes these things up. 70-100hp gains with no additional hardware on a 2.0 is exceptional.

The main guys (APR/Unitronic/GIAC) have been tuning on them for the better part of 10 years with little drawback in terms of reliability.

My R was flashed APR ecu & dsg with temporary tags on it. Can't think of anything I'd rather have as a daily right now, at any budget.

titang545 titang545 if you pay $200 for an oil change then you just aren't the type to want to do your own maintenance which is fine but really it's draining the oil, changing the filter and pouring new oil in. Takes 25 minutes

You really need the patience to watch youtube videos or just google some stuff it's actually a lot of fun and there are very few things you can't fix yourself.

titang545 titang545 if you pay $200 for an oil change then you just aren't the type to want to do your own maintenance which is fine but really it's draining the oil, changing the filter and pouring new oil in. Takes 25 minutes

You really need the patience to watch youtube videos or just google some stuff it's actually a lot of fun and there are very few things you can't fix yourself.
I didn't pay $200 for my oil change, I said it was covered under extended warranty. Why do it myself when I can get it done for free? Also you do know not everyone wants to work on cars right no matter how insignificant the issue is. Autozone will change your wiper blades for free, because I guess enough people asked them to do it.

Bronco looks good to me. Two door would be cool but there's not many people that would buy them.
4runners looks really nice especially the new ones I was actually looking into buying one but it was a lot more than I wanted to spend. Besides I don't really need an SUV

Bronco looks good to me. Two door would be cool but there's not many people that would buy them.
4runners looks really nice especially the new ones I was actually looking into buying one but it was a lot more than I wanted to spend. Besides I don't really need an SUV
As a Toyota guy, I HATE the front on the new Toyota fronts seems like they are trying to hard to fit the Tundra front on the Tacoma or 4Runner.
2017-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Pro-front-three-quarter-06.jpg

As a Toyota guy, I HATE the front on the new Toyota fronts seems like they are trying to hard to fit the Tundra front on the Tacoma or 4Runner.
2017-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Pro-front-three-quarter-06.jpg
Hmm I actually like this Tacoma better than last gen. I feel like Toyota is finally getting a better design going. In the past, they've had pretty bland designs for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom