\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What are everyone's thoughts on new Volkswagen vehicles? Scared of reliability? Was looking at a 2018 Tiguan with my girlfriend and just not sure how it will hold up long term. Interior though was nice and the larger body style is a lot better than in the past.
I drive a 2015 VW GTI and I was wary of the brands reliability although after owning the car for four months (35k miles) I haven’t had any issues. Warranty replaced the water pump for the previous owner but since I’ve owned it, I can’t complain at all. 2018 vehicles get the new warranty terms that rev longer than previous VW’s.

Yeah the 6 year 72k warranty is definitely nice. I have a 2014 Impreza hatch now that is almost paid off but would like an SUV. Plus if I sold off my car I would have enough to pay off my last school loan and a credit card and still have money for a down payment without having to dip into any savings. Trying to weigh options and think if a VW would be worth it

What are everyone's thoughts on new Volkswagen vehicles? Scared of reliability? Was looking at a 2018 Tiguan with my girlfriend and just not sure how it will hold up long term. Interior though was nice and the larger body style is a lot better than in the past.

its german....about as reliable as your wallet can manage :lol:

2015 jetta, 60k on it. no issues yet *knock on wood* + cheap maintenance

@boywonder mortgage loans compound. The longer it takes for you to pay off the more you end up paying. Drastically. If you wait 20 or 30 years to pay off that house you're looking at 175k+ in interest.

hold up fam.

u said mortgage rates compoud?? LOL yeah if u a sucker and get a sub prime kinda loan.

most smarter people cop a fixed rate loan which doesnt change.

Can’t speak for other brands but with VW as long as you keep up on your maintenance you’ll be good.

Yeah the 6 year 72k warranty is definitely nice. I have a 2014 Impreza hatch now that is almost paid off but would like an SUV. Plus if I sold off my car I would have enough to pay off my last school loan and a credit card and still have money for a down payment without having to dip into any savings. Trying to weigh options and think if a VW would be worth it

its german....about as reliable as your wallet can manage :lol:

No complaints whatsoever on my 2017 R. Had my car brand new and still works well up to now.

That new VW warranty is definitely a game changer.

-Drew

Got a 2012 Jetta sel, wanna trade it as soon as possible maintaince isn't as cheap as other brands especially since it's a German car.

I drive a 2015 VW GTI and I was wary of the brands reliability although after owning the car for four months (35k miles) I haven’t had any issues. Warranty replaced the water pump for the previous owner but since I’ve owned it, I can’t complain at all. 2018 vehicles get the new warranty terms that rev longer than previous VW’s.
When I bought my 20th Anniversary GTI that was the first thing I had to replace lol. Common issue with VAG cars. They use a lot of cheap plastic parts, but it gave me 5 trouble free fun years. If you're going new that warranty will help a lot, and you should be able to get a decent deal because #Dieselgate.

hold up fam.

u said mortgage rates compoud?? LOL yeah if u a sucker and get a sub prime kinda loan.

most smarter people cop a fixed rate loan which doesnt change.

plansb plansb Yep

♂️ nah fam. Not talking about sub prime this is how the very great vast majority of home loans work.

It's weird to explain but mortgages are simple interest loans with compound like qualities if that helps but i know it kinda doesn't. When you take out a mortgage and start paying your minimum monthly you're Paying X amount interest and X amount principal. Anything over goes toward covering the principal. Your next payment will be the exact same but the amount that's principal and the amount that's interest will change. If you keep doing that your effective interest rate becomes much smaller

Test it out on an amortization calc or something. It's good stuff

Last edited:
plansb plansb Yep

♂️ nah fam. Not talking about sub prime this is how the very great vast majority of home loans work.

It's weird to explain but mortgages are simple interest loans with compound like qualities if that helps but i know it kinda doesn't. When you take out a mortgage and start paying your minimum monthly you're Paying X amount interest and X amount principal. Anything over goes toward covering the principal. Your next payment will be the exact same but the amount that's principal and the amount that's interest will change. If you keep doing that your effective interest rate becomes much smaller

Test it out on an amortization calc or something. It's good stuff
ohh i know what ur talking about. i mis read ur post.

on the topic of financing. honestly cars are getting so expensive bruh. im mad pickup trucks got so pricey

People are out here with $700+ car payments it is insane. I want a 4 Runner but no way in hell am I paying $40k for one. Even used prices are crazy though. Just cause they are Toyotas and known to last.

Never paying more than 400 a month for a car. I'm in the 300-340 range right now but I said my max limit is 400 with the right interest rate and loan term.

What kind of maintenance are you doing?
I'm doing the regular scheduled mantaince to the car, oil change every 3k miles or so, every 10k mile service updates, I go to the dealership to get mine done and **** is always mad expensive

People are out here with $700+ car payments it is insane. I want a 4 Runner but no way in hell am I paying $40k for one. Even used prices are crazy though. Just cause they are Toyotas and known to last.

Coworker got tired of his 2016 camaro, traded it in for a bmw x1. Monthly payment is at 650 :lol: idk the exact numbers or info, just that he had like 7k left on the camaro.

...no way am i paying that much for an x1 :lol:

Hell no. My car payment is $230 a month. Have a friend who is paying $850 on a damn lease for a Denali.

$650 for an X1, that is insanity haha

Mannnn these car payments are making me sick to my stomach...one guy at my company is paying 700/mo for a ram dually

Coworker got tired of his 2016 camaro, traded it in for a bmw x1. Monthly payment is at 650 :lol: idk the exact numbers or info, just that he had like 7k left on the camaro.

...no way am i paying that much for an x1 :lol:

x1 :lol: glorifed station wagon.

Ugly af though.

they not ugly....

u6togea5.jpg

thats clean sheetmetal b.

Back
Top Bottom