\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Next I wanna get some led headlights, but I have a question. There’s some on amazon that fit my rav4 for like $40, but they also have some on the site I got the interior ones that range from like $100-140. Just wondering if there’s even a difference, is it even worth buying the more expensive ones? I just don’t wanna get the cheap ones and then they die in like 8 months, but I also don’t wanna pay extra if I don’t have to :lol:

I don’t want some OD bright ones either

First let me say if you dont have projector headlights, dont get LED lights. The light from an LED is for sure brighter/whiter (than stock halogen) BUT its also blinding in reflector housing because the beam pattern is scattered more. With a projector the beam is more direct towards the road and less in the eyes of oncoming traffic

For a high beam, i mean sure i suppose since you wont be using a high beam facing traffic but the light will still be scattered a bit.

If you do have projectors, the LED will be good and do ecactly what you need but youll get even better performance/output from an HID. They can range from $50-$180ish depending on brand and lumens outpt.

Just my .02

Last edited:
Got some led lights for my interior + license plate. Huge difference from before! Got some pics but it doesn’t really do it justice

Before. Didn’t realize how bad this pic was :lol:

CDA2D4AA-FB2D-459A-B387-1B605F63FB58.jpeg
EA85C88B-D461-4974-9315-815877F5F741.jpeg

After
EF16A9E2-5E3C-4B6E-9E5C-34636B6CF3DF.jpeg
7D840A1A-EA40-4273-8EBF-1FB9B66E3001.jpeg
AD1BE902-6504-4917-AE16-AB0D1A611FE7.jpeg
98E288E2-AD65-4F86-A5B3-4DA44A9E5925.jpeg

I did the same last summer. The lights i got are adjustable and this is on the lowest setting

This is just the dome light in center of headliner

20180514_221853.jpg
20180516_221343.jpg

20180514_221917.jpg
20180516_221307.jpg

Last edited:
Stupid $1000 exhaust fines got everybody shook (in Cali) smh. I don't feel like hacking up my exhaust and throwing on some resonators but going back to stock would be an expensive pain in the ***.

Stupid $1000 exhaust fines got everybody shook (in Cali) smh. I don't feel like hacking up my exhaust and throwing on some resonators but going back to stock would be an expensive pain in the ***.
I heard about that. Does that mean no more exhaust mods at all?

You can mod your exhaust but it has to be no louder than 95db at 3/4 of your redline. It's always been a law but it used to be a fix-it ticket like window tint. Now you straight get fined $1k and I think get sent to the state ref that checks everything and if something is not CARB legal you're screwed.

Last edited:
Everyone's shook because of the video of the guy getting a ticket/fine which was posted to Instagram a few days ago. For the record, this is what dude's car who got the ticket sounds like. A well-deserved fine IMO.

I did the same last summer. The lights i got are adjustable and this is on the lowest setting

This is just the dome light in center of headliner

20180514_221853.jpg
20180516_221343.jpg

20180514_221917.jpg
20180516_221307.jpg

My first new car was a Honda. I love and will always love Honda interiors :pimp:

Everyone's shook because of the video of the guy getting a ticket/fine which was posted to Instagram a few days ago. For the record, this is what dude's car who got the ticket sounds like. A well-deserved fine IMO.

I just saw a clip of the cop that pulled over a girl and basically said that her car fit the description...I agree that z deserved it tho.

I just downloaded a decibel meter app to get a rough idea and my car idles at around 85db...

I just saw a clip of the cop that pulled over a girl and basically said that her car fit the description...I agree that z deserved it tho.

I just downloaded a decibel meter app to get a rough idea and my car idles at around 85db...
Even if you granny shift it you’ll get the fine :lol:

You can mod your exhaust but it has to be no louder than 95db at 3/4 of your redline. It's always been a law but it used to be a fix-it ticket like window tint. Now you straight get fined $1k and I think get sent to the state ref that checks everything and if something is not CARB legal you're screwed.
Dumb question but is this only California residents or anyone driving in the state of California? I would love to move back to Cali but not with tickets like that looming?

Said it in here ages ago. But i find it funny how the state that established so many automotive cultures/scenes I.E. Lowriding, Hot rodding (Found out just 2 yrs ago Bay area cats been driving Donks) is the strictest when it comes to **** like this... Dudes were ripping Daytona beach 70 yrs ago and our import scene been hot. Glad we dont go through **** like this...

Said it in here ages ago. But i find it funny how the state that established so many automotive cultures/scenes I.E. Lowriding, Hot rodding (Found out just 2 yrs ago Bay area cats been driving Donks) is the strictest when it comes to **** like this... Dudes were ripping Daytona beach 70 yrs ago and our import scene been hot. Glad we dont go through **** like this...

Blame trash scenes like this for contributing to new laws and bills which will slowly kill the car culture in Cali.

Back
Top Bottom