\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

New to this part of the forums so hopefully I'm not off topic but anybody here have a 17+ raptor? I'm looking into getting one and with the prices here in California it's almost more worth it to just buy new since the used market is holding value.

It will be my first truck which I am excited for since I have had fast cars and lame great mpg cars in the past. My wife and I are very much into the automotive world and have a 5 yr plan when it comes to cars lol.... sad I know

Anyways any raptor owners post up and tell me if the motor holds up to high miles and what luxury trim package to not go without

1AABB874-2887-4191-BFF9-DDE5E0C7BC3A.jpeg

Just buy it new. Mine is fully loaded aside from the carbon fiber package. You can get recaro seats but only on certain colors since they have blue suede inserts. The 802a package pretty much comes with everything. If I had patience I would have ordered mine without the graphics or the wheels (since I’m going to change them). So far it’s been hella fun to drive. I Just went to Reno and did raptor things in the snow lol. .. Even stock It’s pretty quick for a 5500lb truck. Really the only downside is the exhaust note. With an Intake, Inter cooler, and a tune will give you a decent power gain... I’m not gonna mess with performance mods yet though. I’m upgrading suspension parts and wheels/tires first.

Just buy it new. Mine is fully loaded aside from the carbon fiber package. You can get recaro seats but only on certain colors since they have blue suede inserts. The 802a package pretty much comes with everything. If I had patience I would have ordered mine without the graphics or the wheels (since I’m going to change them). So far it’s been hella fun to drive. I Just went to Reno and did raptor things in the snow lol. .. Even stock It’s pretty quick for a 5500lb truck. Really the only downside is the exhaust note. With an Intake, Inter cooler, and a tune will give you a decent power gain... I’m not gonna mess with performance mods yet though. I’m upgrading suspension parts and wheels/tires first.
I like that out the box appeal that the raptor and hellcats have but if your gonna end up upgrading alot of stuff that gives it that appeal why not get a f150 with a 5.0 and just start from scratch?

I like that out the box appeal that the raptor and hellcats have but if your gonna end up upgrading alot of stuff that gives it that appeal why not get a f150 with a 5.0 and just start from scratch?

That’s like asking why get an M4 when you can mod a 440i. With some cash an f150 could be a beast but not as capable off-road. Adding a coyote and a Whipple defeats the purpose of the weight loss of the new gen. The old gen 6.2L was too nose heavy and the new lighter aluminum bed would magnify that problem. You wouldn’t get all the drive modes that adjust the suspension, acceleration, braking etc.. Sounds basic but the driving modes for sand/dirt/snow/mud/Baja are legit. There are also differences like suspension mounting points and things like that. Not to mention the 7 extra inches of width that some fender flares won’t give you. I was actually looking at a Roush f150 with the fox suspension (not the 3.0 live wire) because they get all the incentives and rebates as a Lariat f150, but it’s not the same. Hell they still have it on the lot since last year lol. I’m not saying I’m gonna throw hella money at mine and turn into a legit Baja truck but I see it more as tuning the suspension for what I want it to do.

Drive a raptor and a ram rebel today, wife was more into the rebel because of the interior ( which is best in class hands down imo) but then when she put the go pedal to the floor she was completely underwhelmed, she loved the raptor for the performance so now ots about finding the right one. Here in California Raptors are WAY over priced compared to the rest of the country.

It's funny BMW was brought up because on the way to drive the truck she asked what I thought about getting rid of her 2003 M3 6MT to clear some room for our future car plans . I said she had lost her mind as I feel the value with go up. Maybe I am the typical E46 owner thinking this Gen M3 is God's chariot

Is the raptor gonna be the new truck of nt? :lol:

If I was to buy another truck it would probably be a diesel but raptors are sick.

My work truck is a brand new lifted f350 lariat with the fx4 package and it’s diesel. Thing is stupid but I love it. :lol: It’s a beast off road with full lockers too, it doesn’t have crawl control but I think the tremor does. These new diesel pickups have as much power as a semi truck. My peterbilt has 400hp 1200 tq, da Ford has 475 hp 945 tq stock with no delete, no tune or nothing. :lol: insane.

This thing gon **** around and make me make a rash decision one day. Found myself randomly looking at off road trails near me the other day. Any issues with space driving these around like the city and parking spots and such?

This thing gon **** around and make me make a rash decision one day. Found myself randomly looking at off road trails near me the other day. Any issues with space driving these around like the city and parking spots and such?

driving it around the city isn’t too bad, but Parking does suck sometimes. The truck is about the size of an entire regular parking spot so it’s usually pretty tight on both sides. The running boards protect it from door dings, though...and the 360* cameras make it easier.

Yessir. So far it has a zl1 bumper, longtubes, and a xpipe to some resonators. The deal I got included a LSA supercharger because dude wanted to do a baby zl1 but I dont think im gonna throw it on. Just keep it simple with bolt ons and probably flip it.

Yessir. So far it has a zl1 bumper, longtubes, and a xpipe to some resonators. The deal I got included a LSA supercharger because dude wanted to do a baby zl1 but I dont think im gonna throw it on. Just keep it simple with bolt ons and probably flip it.
Flip it and cop some slicky bois

Back
Top Bottom