\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Tuned my Z today and was able to get 330whp with bolt ons. That’ll last me for now until I save up for a turbo.
60FCEC53-8702-437D-8843-DC22FE9101C3.jpeg

Last edited:
With what mods? Seems like you gotta rev the hell out of it for power.

sadly it’s how the na 370z are, they only get power really in high rpm. But I have test pipe(art pipe), z1 cold air intake, and greddy single exit exhaust. Most bolt on 370z only max out at 320-340whp depending on tuner. Whenever I can afford a single turbo, I’ll be in the 500-600whp just got to make do with this for now as I save the best I can’t for that.

bruh please do not buy a car from those rip off corner car dealerships
find a nice private seller

So very true buddy. Those type of dealers have ZERO customer care. If you got a problem after the sale, they can close up shop overnight and you'll never find them again. Like he said, buy from a private seller or from a franchised dealership/reputable used company (CarMax, Carvana, etc). They can't just close up and they have the manufacturer behind them, they will be around for a long time.

Wife & I social distancing the best way we know how. By going for a drive after I washed it & put a nice coat of Meguiar's Gold Class carnuba wax on it. Came out fantastic!

IMG_20200412_151417.jpg

We never have the radio on while driving. The exhaust sounds SO SO AWESOME!!! And the stereo is impressive. Meridian 770W system with 12 speakers.

So very true buddy. Those type of dealers have ZERO customer care. If you got a problem after the sale, they can close up shop overnight and you'll never find them again. Like he said, buy from a private seller or from a franchised dealership/reputable used company (CarMax, Carvana, etc). They can't just close up and they have the manufacturer behind them, they will be around for a long time.

No we can’t..at least not in NC. We abide by the same laws as big dealerships. Every car that hits the lot must have a clean inspection. 9 times out of 10 the used car dealer offers warranties as well. The NCDMV sends the same officer to check our books as they do at a franchise dealer.

I’f we’re being honest any time you buy a used car you’re taking a risk. I’ve seen just as many horror stories from Carvana and Carmax than I have other dealers.

Do your own homework and know what you’re looking for,get a pre-purchase inspection, and know who you’re buying. Google the dealership and see what pops up. If nothing but bad reviews show up then that should let you know. Even after doing all that still buy the warranty. Always buy the warranty.

No we can’t..at least not in NC. We abide by the same laws as big dealerships. Every car that hits the lot must have a clean inspection. 9 times out of 10 the used car dealer offers warranties as well. The NCDMV sends the same officer to check our books as they do at a franchise dealer.

I’f we’re being honest any time you buy a used car you’re taking a risk. I’ve seen just as many horror stories from Carvana and Carmax than I have other dealers.

Do your own homework and know what you’re looking for,get a pre-purchase inspection, and know who you’re buying. Google the dealership and see what pops up. If nothing but bad reviews show up then that should let you know. Even after doing all that still buy the warranty. Always buy the warranty.

I get what your saying, but let's be honest. A corner dealership that wasn't there 6 months ago is not going to be better than going to something like CarMax. Up here, these type of dealers can pop up and disappear overnight. CarMax (again, just an example of a company that has good history in terms of not going anywhere) won't close shop like that.

But yes, one needs to do homework to make sure they are getting a good car. The reviews are the easiest to figure out if it's some place you want to deal with. There is a dealer near me, that if you type in "Chop Shop Montgomery County" this place pops up. Their history is brutal. Selling cars with bad titles, burying people in cars what are not worth anywhere close to what they are selling. Place should be shut down.

Washed my car Two weeks ago and still waiting for this San Diego rain to freaking stop so I can do a nice long quarantine drive. Really missing getting out on the road, but need some damn sunshine so I can open the sunroof and put the windows half down and music up full.

I get what your saying, but let's be honest. A corner dealership that wasn't there 6 months ago is not going to be better than going to something like CarMax. Up here, these type of dealers can pop up and disappear overnight. CarMax (again, just an example of a company that has good history in terms of not going anywhere) won't close shop like that.

But yes, one needs to do homework to make sure they are getting a good car. The reviews are the easiest to figure out if it's some place you want to deal with. There is a dealer near me, that if you type in "Chop Shop Montgomery County" this place pops up. Their history is brutal. Selling cars with bad titles, burying people in cars what are not worth anywhere close to what they are selling. Place should be shut down.

Oh in that case...you’re right no question 😂

i bought an evo x mr from carmax
sold it back to them 2 years later for $2K less than what I paid :lol:
to this day I'm not sure why they offered me so much for it

Go to Ensenada
Washed my car Two weeks ago and still waiting for this San Diego rain to freaking stop so I can do a nice long quarantine drive. Really missing getting out on the road, but need some damn sunshine so I can open the sunroof and put the windows half down and music up full.

i bought an evo x mr from carmax
sold it back to them 2 years later for $2K less than what I paid :lol:
to this day I'm not sure why they offered me so much for it
Cause they’ll sell it back to someone for 2k more. Carmax usually offers the most trade-in value but all their cars are overpriced to make up for it.

Not all of those Corner store lots are "Buy here pay Here" type lots. A good percentage of them use the same lenders and loan practices as the New Dealers. Those are the ones I’d buy from with no concern. The buy here pay here are the ones where you don’t pay the bank, you pay the lot, those are traps and set up for folks who are captive to high rates because they’ve ruined their credit to the point where the only hope of financing a vehicle leaves them so handicapped that they don’t have the luxury of choosing “which car they like from a reputable source”
It doesn't need to be a Franchise Dealer or New Car Dealership for you to get a good product. As WASHED KING WASHED KING said, anytime that you are buying a Preowned vehicle you are taking a risk, just know what you are buying.

In todays market there is too much information at your fingertips...checking Carfax gives you a good idea of where the Car came from and what it's history is. You can get just as good of a deal at "some" of those Corner lots, sometimes better. New Car dealers have what we call "packs" that are added to the cost of these cars which affects the bottom line which affects how cheap you may be able to buy it.

Example: We buy a Used vehicle from the Auction for 25k delivered. Before the car even goes to Service for an inspection, oil change, tires etc, we add $2200 to that purchase price.
So we own that car at $27200(not 25k)....by the time it's had service, a detail, touch up, tires etc. we will own that car at $28500.

This is the same car we bought for $25k, now we own it at 28500.....so to make $2500 we must sell that car for 31000. For the small note lot to make $2500 they can sell it for $27500.

Personally, I’d rather have the $27500 and lean on my Own understanding and research of said vehicle.

I only buy new so I use New Dealerships but, if I were in the market for a Preowned anything I’d just go to the Auction and buy what I want, cut out all middlemen and then recondition/service the car myself and save all the in between dough.

Back
Top Bottom