\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

That’s a dope color combo, congrats fam.

Thanks boss. I had never seen that color in the flesh until I drove 6 hours to pick it up, so I was a little apprehensive. Turns out I love it though. I wanted something other than the usual white, grey or black that I generally lean towards, so this works. And coming off a lease of a black Giulia, I can say with 100% certainty that I’ll never own another black car. Straight up gave up trying to keep it clean after 6 months. :lol:

Grabbed this green thang the other week. COVID car buying was interesting, to say the least. :lol:

m340i order fell through due to holdups at the port. Another Giulia deal fell through after my salesman went ghost for a week+ due to emergency surgery. Ended up for the best though--got a nice deal on this 2020 despite having to travel across a couple of states during a pandemic for it. :pimp:

Exhaust and a tune are a must, so that'll be happening once Italy comes off lockdown.

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

Love green cars. What color is the leather? Is it a nice brown or is it black? Green/brown would be the perfect combo. 👍

Hey I just read your reply in another post. You had a Giulia lease before this? How was the reliability of it? It's a car that I love the style, but I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone who actually owned one to ask about how they are. Are the horror stories just that, stories? Thanks buddy. 👍👍

Love green cars. What color is the leather? Is it a nice brown or is it black? Green/brown would be the perfect combo. 👍

Hey I just read your reply in another post. You had a Giulia lease before this? How was the reliability of it? It's a car that I love the style, but I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone who actually owned one to ask about how they are. Are the horror stories just that, stories? Thanks buddy. 👍👍

The tan leather was the only option I'd consider with that green, tbh. It all blends nicely, IMO.

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

I had zero reliability issues w/ my '17 Giulia. That thing performed like a champ. The only issues came on the dealer side--I had to get serviced at a DJCR dealership and they didn't get many Alfas in there, so service left a lot to be desired. That said, AR USA took care of me and I came out of that lease without paying for any maintenance. Honestly I think a lot of the hate on Alfa comes from their prior stint in the US b/c those cars were unreliable. But now I'd put them on the level of any other euro car in terms of reliability. Sure issues come up for some folks, but most are happily driving their cars. Would I own one out of warranty? Hell nah! But I feel the same way about BMW, Audi, etc.

If you get a chance go test drive one! They're seriously a blast to drive. I made the mistake of driving a Giulia Quadrifoglio for the first time when I picked this new one up. That car is INSANE and is now necessary for me to own at some point.

interior is dope

did you see the new GTA or something? My friend sent me a video a day or two ago

Nah, I only drove the standard Quad. That GTA is pure sex though! But I think the GTA (has back seats) and GTA M are gonna be overseas only. Only 500 total made, allegedly.

The tan leather was the only option I'd consider with that green, tbh. It all blends nicely, IMO.

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

I had zero reliability issues w/ my '17 Giulia. That thing performed like a champ. The only issues came on the dealer side--I had to get serviced at a DJCR dealership and they didn't get many Alfas in there, so service left a lot to be desired. That said, AR USA took care of me and I came out of that lease without paying for any maintenance. Honestly I think a lot of the hate on Alfa comes from their prior stint in the US b/c those cars were unreliable. But now I'd put them on the level of any other euro car in terms of reliability. Sure issues come up for some folks, but most are happily driving their cars. Would I own one out of warranty? Hell nah! But I feel the same way about BMW, Audi, etc.

If you get a chance go test drive one! They're seriously a blast to drive. I made the mistake of driving a Giulia Quadrifoglio for the first time when I picked this new one up. That car is INSANE and is now necessary for me to own at some point.

Thank you my friend. That interior is just STUNNING!!! The only way a dark green exterior should be equipped with in terms of interior color. And thank you for the insight on the Alfa. I have always been wanting to drive one. I'm in auto sales at a Ford dealer but me being me, I can't go and waste someone's time driving one. Now maybe if I called ahead and asked, then sure, as long as they were okay with it.

I currently lease a Fusion Energi because it was dirt cheap for employees. Released another last February so I got less than 2 years to go. I hope Alfa sticks around as I would love to explore the lease on one of these. BTW, how was the car on tires? I'm guessing yours is a regular rwd and not an AWD? I didn't see the "Ti" emblem. Tha is for answering my questions. Enjoy the car. It's beautiful.

Nah, I only drove the standard Quad. That GTA is pure sex though! But I think the GTA (has back seats) and GTA M are gonna be overseas only. Only 500 total made, allegedly.
No idea, but my friend is in love with hit and sent me some YouTube video unveiling it, had a big spoiler.

see Alfa Romeo all over michigan now, your whip is dope especially the color combo.

Thank you my friend. That interior is just STUNNING!!! The only way a dark green exterior should be equipped with in terms of interior color. And thank you for the insight on the Alfa. I have always been wanting to drive one. I'm in auto sales at a Ford dealer but me being me, I can't go and waste someone's time driving one. Now maybe if I called ahead and asked, then sure, as long as they were okay with it.

I currently lease a Fusion Energi because it was dirt cheap for employees. Released another last February so I got less than 2 years to go. I hope Alfa sticks around as I would love to explore the lease on one of these. BTW, how was the car on tires? I'm guessing yours is a regular rwd and not an AWD? I didn't see the "Ti" emblem. Tha is for answering my questions. Enjoy the car. It's beautiful.

Appreciate the kind words boss--I agree, it's a joy to look at! And yeah it's dicey right now w/ Alfa, but hopefully they can weather the storm. I'm slowly seeing more of them around.

And yeah it's a RWD Ti Sport. AWD would be overkill for where I live. It does have the Ti Sport Performance pack though, which adds a mechanical LSD and active suspension. Tires on my 1st lease lasted almost 2 years, but I had to replace them right before turn in. Made a rookie mistake by not taking off the expensive AF run flats right away to save for turn in. I was riding on all season 18s with that car though--this one has staggered 19s w/ summer tires, so they're def not lasting as long. Gotta pay to play though.

Appreciate the kind words boss--I agree, it's a joy to look at! And yeah it's dicey right now w/ Alfa, but hopefully they can weather the storm. I'm slowly seeing more of them around.

And yeah it's a RWD Ti Sport. AWD would be overkill for where I live. It does have the Ti Sport Performance pack though, which adds a mechanical LSD and active suspension. Tires on my 1st lease lasted almost 2 years, but I had to replace them right before turn in. Made a rookie mistake by not taking off the expensive AF run flats right away to save for turn in. I was riding on all season 18s with that car though--this one has staggered 19s w/ summer tires, so they're def not lasting as long. Gotta pay to play though.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. Summer tires are a pain. Wife had them on her 18 F Type SVR she just picked up a few weeks back. Pirelli P Zero and they were just junk. Replaced with A/S Bridgestone Potenzas and those are a wonderful tire. Glad to hear the Alfa has been a solid car. Good luck with it buddy and stay safe. Remember, car guys & gals do the best social distancing by driving their cars and not getting out. 👍

Precisely what his was. I never realized how low the production numbers were on these cars, especially the later years. This one is a 2013 and one of 139 total IS-Fs made for the entire year. Only 5,118 total IS-Fs were made for the entire US market.

0162525A-AE82-4484-AB0C-0AD476DC72E6.jpeg

i like the isf i seen a black one yesterday dude didnt want the smoke though

This dude Tall Guy tryna inspire ppl in the middle of a pandemic to drop 40k down payment on a foreign :rofl:

i like the isf i seen a black one yesterday dude didnt want the smoke though
He should have wanted all the smoke :lol:

I would get an ISF but I feel like it’s too close to my 2IS350. Will likely end up getting an E92 in the very near future.

He should have wanted all the smoke :lol:

I would get an ISF but I feel like it’s too close to my 2IS350. Will likely end up getting an E92 in the very near future.
do ittttttt once you do maintenance you're solid. its so many cars i want on the kill list... im pulling up on all isf c63 rs5 guilias f types etc :lol:

Hey buddy, congrats on the Raptor. I sell Fords in PA for the last 23 years (same dealer whole time). IMHO, I'd hold off on tuning it for a while. Truck has 450 hp stock and while the 10-speed is stout (and excellent) dealer service departments do not like tuned vehicles. If you tune it and have a shifting issue in the transmission or some issue with the motor, they can (and will) deny warranty if there is a doubt. It's not worth it while it's under warranty. Especially if your paying what your paying for it. Once warranty is up, sure why not, but I'd wait.

I bought my 2006 GT Mustang new (ordered it myself & waited 6 months for it back then). I held off tuning it until the warranty was just about over (about 6 months to go). I did add a Airaid CAI untuned. Did make a difference for the time being. Once it got close to time time, I added the long tubes with it. Just my $.02¢. 👍
Luckily no issues for me. My 15 is at 98k and has been tuned for quite some time now. But one time I went they said I needed a new air filter, but they didn’t even notice it was modified even though I have the GT350 CAI

Luckily no issues for me. My 15 is at 98k and has been tuned for quite some time now. But one time I went they said I needed a new air filter, but they didn’t even notice it was modified even though I have the GT350 CAI
They don’t check if you’re tuned every time you go. I think they would only check if you broke something and need to get it fixed under warranty.

They don’t check if you’re tuned every time you go. I think they would only check if you broke something and need to get it fixed under warranty.

Anytime I would go to the dealer, I would reflash the car back to stock via the handheld tuner or switch back to your stock PCM.

Dodge got wise to the reflashing back to stock so they implemented a system so when the dealer hooked up the starscan, it would show a p1400 code. You wouldnt see the CEL but it was a system code that would tell the dealer the pcm was ****** with. Thats why you would flash a spare pcm with the tune of your choice.

Anytime I would go to the dealer, I would reflash the car back to stock via the handheld tuner or switch back to your stock PCM.

Dodge got wise to the reflashing back to stock so they implemented a system so when the dealer hooked up the starscan, it would show a p1400 code. You wouldnt see the CEL but it was a system code that would tell the dealer the pcm was ****ed with. Thats why you would flash a spare pcm with the tune of your choice.
brah u still in NY? stay safe mane

brah u still in NY? stay safe mane

Yup. Still living in Downtown Manhattan. Dodging the coronavirus like the Matrix but I’m almost positive we were exposed to this in late December already. Had all the symptoms, tested negative for the flu, got diagnosed with a respiratory infection, and it took a month for my girl and I to get better.

Everyone will get through this. It will take time but we will get there.

Yup. Still living in Downtown Manhattan. Dodging the coronavirus like the Matrix but I’m almost positive we were exposed to this in late December already. Had all the symptoms, tested negative for the flu, got diagnosed with a respiratory infection, and it took a month for my girl and I to get better.

Everyone will get through this. It will take time but we will get there.
thats possible, know some people in NY that got sick. hoping for this situation to get better.

Back
Top Bottom