\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

First thing I’d do too. How does the 5.7 compare to the 6.4?
I don't think it compares. My boy had a 2016 5.7, I never drove it personally but was a passenger few times. The 2016 5.7s had no exhaust note which Dodge took care of 2017 & up by giving them the active exhaust. 5.7 holds it's own against most cars out there but I smoked my boy in my 6.4 by 5 car lengths when we raced lol

You’ve driven them both?
yes???
before i got my scat
went to the delership
they had a nice go mango rt
i REALLY was feeling that
and was going to grab it
started up
**** didnt even sound louder than my 2012 impala at the time
then i took for a test drive
felt no kinda torque or nothing
was super disappointed
then seen that b5 blue scat on the lot
started it up
no my wife started it up
it gave her a big grin
then we drove it
maaaaaan fell in love
i love my hellcat
but man i enjoy still driving my scat
my hellcat has that whine that i love
but my scat has that guttural sound
the 5.7 doesnt compare
not dissing the lil brother at all
we all #hemigang
but man it cant compare
at all

yes???
before i got my scat
went to the delership
and was going to grab it
started up
was super disappointed
started it up
no my wife started it up
it gave her a big grin
then we drove it
maaaaaan fell in love
i love my hellcat
the 5.7 doesnt compare
we all #hemigang
but man it cant compare
at all
Good to know. Been considering a scat since it’s like pretty much the only sedan with a v8 you can get

yes???
before i got my scat
went to the delership
and was going to grab it
started up
was super disappointed
started it up
no my wife started it up
it gave her a big grin
then we drove it
maaaaaan fell in love
i love my hellcat
the 5.7 doesnt compare
we all #hemigang
but man it cant compare
at all
This right here! All factual. My Maxima is louder than my boys 5.7 might be because I do have exhaust work done to it but still Dodge showed the 15 &16s 5.7s no love exhaust wise. Dope ride nonetheless. He floored the pedal launched it & the torque or lack thereof was underwhelming & left a lot to be desired. My brother was in the back & when we left he was like bro, why'd it feel like the car barely moved it's *** when he floored it lol. The Scat has that guttural sound because it's naturally aspirated & no forced induction. Remember, there's no replacement for displacement. After I did the mid muffler delete on my Scat man oh man did that hemi open up or what! It was dope stock too but that mid muffler delete sets it to a diff level. Did you ever do a mid muffler delete on yours? And like you said we all #hemigang & I even show love to the V6 guys but 5.7 don't compare to 6.4

Good to know. Been considering a scat since it’s like pretty much the only sedan with a v8 you can get
Are you looking at new or used? If used, for near the same price of a Scat probably 3-7g extra you'll be in used Hellcat territory depending on location of dealer & mileage/how loaded the car is with options

Not yet
plan to after my extended warranty ends
almost at 100k
prollly like 83k now
I was going to wait till my extended warranty ends too but was like screw it. If any codes are thrown or the car acts up in general after the mid-muffler delete(extremely unlikely) they can only void your exhaust warranty & no other parts of the rest of it, just an FYI. I can't wait till I put an aggressive cam & kooks longtube headers on mine. Nothing like the sound of a choppy cam

I was going to wait till my extended warranty ends too but was like screw it. If any codes are thrown or the car acts up in general after the mid-muffler delete(extremely unlikely) they can only void your exhaust warranty & no other parts of the rest of it, just an FYI. I can't wait till I put an aggressive cam & kooks longtube headers on mine. Nothing like the sound of a choppy cam
how much ur registration???
just got the renewal my **** $660 for the hellcat :smh:

Are you looking at new or used? If used, for near the same price of a Scat probably 3-7g extra you'll be in used Hellcat territory depending on location of dealer & mileage/how loaded the car is with options
Most likely used. I’d rather stay NA though so I’d take a scat over a hellcat. Less chance to break something and less cost to fix. I might just wait though and keep the car I have now so I can get a coupe. Either challenger or mustang.

Most likely used. I’d rather stay NA though so I’d take a scat over a hellcat. Less chance to break something and less cost to fix. I might just wait though and keep the car I have now so I can get a coupe. Either challenger or mustang.
u want manual or auto
i see some brand new scats for like 35k

Manual for sure it’ll be a weekend car

an nter works there
he will def give u that price
he hooked me up
and few others as well
good dude

how much ur registration???
just got the renewal my **** $660 for the hellcat :smh:

:wow: Damn, that # is high. I paid $213 for the renewal for my Scat & that's with my custom plate included, without a custom plate it's $189. Is the Scats registration the same amount? Say you had a custom plate in Cali...that # would be atleast around $800 than most likely...damn lol

Yeah I feel you. The '15 Hellcats superchargers had some sort of rivet issue I think or was it a gasket I forget but they ironed out all the issues by the time the '16s started rolling out. nawghtyhare nawghtyhare is almost @ 100k with his Scat & he's only had that 1 issue with his active exhaust once that I can rmbr of during ownership so they're def reliable. Challenger or Mustang...you can't go wrong with either. I love Mustangs modern designs. If Challengers didn't exist I'd be in a some sort of black V8 Mustang right now

I’m surprised yours are that cheap. Even mine were 300 something in mn.

California is gonna gouge you regardless. :lol:
Yeah they're pretty cheap here...hey, atleast something is lol. I was under the assumption that it was around the 2 to 300 ball park across the nation but yeah like you said Cali will gouge. Cost of living & car ownership is pretty insane out there. It is a gorgeous state though with equally gorgeous weather

an nter works there
he will def give u that price
he hooked me up
and few others as well
good dude
That’s a good price there. I do need a sedan though for my kids so I’ll wait until I have this current car paid off to keep as a daily. That way I can get a coupe. Just a few more months

If you need a 4 door you playing yourself if you dont grab a cts-v. I'm not gonna lie tho a widebody charger would be my second choice but no manual>

Yeah they're pretty cheap here...hey, atleast something is lol. I was under the assumption that it was around the 2 to 300 ball park across the nation but yeah like you said Cali will gouge. Cost of living & car ownership is pretty insane out there. It is a gorgeous state though with equally gorgeous weather

For sure, I like California a lot actually. The taxes are just wild. Sure the COL is high but I wouldn’t live in some crazy expensive spot. Mn taxes are getting out of hand as well though. It isn’t cheap in the twin cities.

im surprised to see someone from NY saying California is expensive. :lol:

:wow: Damn, that # is high. I paid $213 for the renewal for my Scat & that's with my custom plate included, without a custom plate it's $189. Is the Scats registration the same amount? Say you had a custom plate in Cali...that # would be atleast around $800 than most likely...damn lol
nah my scat was like 400 last renewal

Yeah I feel you. The '15 Hellcats superchargers had some sort of rivet issue I think or was it a gasket I forget but they ironed out all the issues by the time the '16s started rolling out. nawghtyhare nawghtyhare is almost @ 100k with his Scat & he's only had that 1 issue with his active exhaust once that I can rmbr of during ownership so they're def reliable. Challenger or Mustang...you can't go wrong with either. I love Mustangs modern designs. If Challengers didn't exist I'd be in a some sort of black V8 Mustang right now
Yeah I’m leaning towards a mustang cause I miss my old one :lol: but I definitely appreciate challengers every time I see them. I think I’ll have to drive both back to back to make a decision.

For sure, I like California a lot actually. The taxes are just wild. Sure the COL is high but I wouldn’t live in some crazy expensive spot. Mn taxes are getting out of hand as well though. It isn’t cheap in the twin cities.

im surprised to see someone from NY saying California is expensive. :lol:
I think anytime a state has one of the biggest populations in the country the taxes go up & up over the course of time. And you're right it all depends on the spot where you choose to live within a state. The twin cities are a major hub, days of cheap COL are far gone out there brother lol. Any major city/growing city that attracts people for jobs/housing/commerce automatically increases the COL just look at ATL prices & compare them to the early to mid 90s...huge increase, same will happen in Raleigh, NC in the coming years. Lol NY is expensive but if you have a dual income(hands down mandatory) & don't bite off more than you can chew financially trust me you'll be just fine here

Back
Top Bottom