\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I think anytime a state has one of the biggest populations in the country the taxes go up & up over the course of time. And you're right it all depends on the spot where you choose to live within a state. The twin cities are a major hub, days of cheap COL are far gone out there brother lol. Any major city/growing city that attracts people for jobs/housing/commerce automatically increases the COL just look at ATL prices & compare them to the early to mid 90s...huge increase, same will happen in Raleigh, NC in the coming years. Lol NY is expensive but if you have a dual income(hands down mandatory) & don't bite off more than you can chew financially trust me you'll be just fine here

exactly, it’s not cheap anywhere worth living. Besides I can’t make any money living out in the boonies.

like you said dual income helps, I always had Roomates until met my wife. I’m not trying to pay that much for a spot to live. :lol: I’m not trying to penny pinch. Dual income and not the most expensive crib and you’re good.

Yeah I’m leaning towards a mustang cause I miss my old one :lol: but I definitely appreciate challengers every time I see them. I think I’ll have to drive both back to back to make a decision.
You know the saying...love is your 1st, so I won't blame you if you choose a 'Stang lol. You had the red one in your avy before right? Sold it? '07 GT or was it newer? Def Challengers are dope rides as are Chargers but 2 doors> 4 doors imo lol

exactly, it’s not cheap anywhere worth living. Besides I can’t make any money living out in the boonies.

like you said dual income helps, I always had Roomates until met my wife. I’m not trying to pay that much for a spot to live. :lol: I’m not trying to penny pinch. Dual income and not the most expensive crib and you’re good.
Damn skippy, any place that's attractive to the masses will not come with a cheap pricetag. Living in the boonies no but if you want to live in boonies that are only 30-60 mins out from the city than it can work. Even @ 60 mins out a lot of your savings go down the drain in gas/toll but we can't control that. Boonies are good if you like peace & quiet. No one better than a spouse to form that dual income with assuming the understanding & chemistry is there. I got the same mentality as you brother live life w/o going bankrupt in housing & at the sametime enjoy the fruits of life without penny pinching. A decent apt in a clean/safe neighborhood with my toys & I'm a happy man :smile:

Yeah, like if you want to live in the boonies because you like it cool, but if that’s all you can afford then that’s gonna be a problem because you’re gonna have to move to get a better job probably.

Yeah me and my wife would rather have a kind of small house in a chill neighborhood than the biggest house or bougiest neighborhood.

I’m not trying to worry if I can afford To eat out or be so broke my my house I gotta drive a Chevy sonic.

So my family and my wife a brother's family took a trip to the vacation house in gold beach oregon and my brother in law tried out my truck ....

He took vids of me hitting 70mph on the beach but I don't have that vid to post yet because the Wi-Fi here is doo doo . Just this one of him climbing
20200428_173610.jpg
20200428_173652.jpg

Yeah, like if you want to live in the boonies because you like it cool, but if that’s all you can afford then that’s gonna be a problem because you’re gonna have to move to get a better job probably.

Yeah me and my wife would rather have a kind of small house in a chill neighborhood than the biggest house or bougiest neighborhood.

I’m not trying to worry if I can afford To eat out or be so broke my my house I gotta drive a Chevy sonic.
Yeah, boonies ain't for me man. According to all that I've watched on America's Most Wanted & movies...all the serial killers & crazys live in boonieville lol, miss me with that. Although my LED bars would keep it lit out there lol. True you'd need a higher paying job eventually if that's all you can afford because there isn't much happening in the countryside...most of it's farmland especially midwest. Yeah some people need that validation by going as bougie as they can, w.e. works for them. I'm with you, a well put together, organized, intimate apt. With civilization around me is my liking and choice. Lol if not that how about I offer you the stylish & sexy Chevy Cobalt & all it's wanna-be Skyline GT-R taillight glory?

Man, the only thing the boonies have going for them is you can shoot in your back yard if you like guns and you can rip quads around wherever you want.

There is NO food in the boondocks. I’m pissed when I gotta go work in the country with no lunch. :lol:

maaaaaybe I’d take the cobalt if it was the SS :rofl:

out east and west the country is cooler because at least you got some mountains to look at. :lol: the smokies are dope. I love it out that way.

You know the saying...love is your 1st, so I won't blame you if you choose a 'Stang lol. You had the red one in your avy before right? Sold it? '07 GT or was it newer? Def Challengers are dope rides as are Chargers but 2 doors> 4 doors imo lol
Mine was an 08. Same thing as 07 though. Had it for 4 years. Learned a lot on that car since I did all the work on it myself so it had sentimental value. Also was the first car I bought myself.

Man, the only thing the boonies have going for them is you can shoot in your back yard if you like guns and you can rip quads around wherever you want.

There is NO food in the boondocks. I’m pissed when I gotta go work in the country with no lunch. :lol:

maaaaaybe I’d take the cobalt if it was the SS :rofl:

out east and west the country is cooler because at least you got some mountains to look at. :lol: the smokies are dope. I love it out that way.
Yeah unleashing ammo in your backyard...I can see the appeal in that. Quads in snow must be hella fun. Bringing your own food from home is>/safer than buying most places. SS Cobalt seldom seen lol probably for a reason. My co-worker has an '08 base model I think, it's the only one I've ever seen. True that, cool mountian air mixed with a bright sunny day is ideal. Man, I was suppost to go to Chicago next month but cancelled my flight because of this pandemic. Would've been my 3rd time out there. Had the itinerary ready 3 days of deep dish pizza, museums and ChiTowns sights and sounds.There is a car museum out there called Volo Museum. 69 acres worth of vintage/classic/modern cars of all shapes & sizes. I'm kind of pist it won't be happening. Covid has made me very skeptical on travelling for the foreseeable future

Mine was an 08. Same thing as 07 though. Had it for 4 years. Learned a lot on that car since I did all the work on it myself so it had sentimental value. Also was the first car I bought myself.
That's good you learned the car. Most mechanicy thing I've done on my Scat is use the tool to remove the Shaker scoop & clean it than screw it back on haha. 4 years, did you wind up selling it?

That's good you learned the car. Most mechanicy thing I've done on my Scat is use the tool to remove the Shaker scoop & clean it than screw it back on haha. 4 years, did you wind up selling it?
Yeah ended up getting a 2017 civic Si which was cool too handled amazing for the price.
43339FD1-12B1-4BC4-AC80-01A220212733.jpeg
7B3EBE51-61B3-4EDC-A83B-24558F2A6BDC.jpeg

Got rid of it too though so that’s why I’m looking for something fun again.

The older the get and less broke I am the less I like working on my car.

when I was younger it was nothing to me to put a new clutch in, water pump, suspension work etc.

Now I’d just rather pay someone else to do it. I even have a lift at work and all the tools you’d ever need. Just lazy. :lol:

So my family and my wife a brother's family took a trip to the vacation house in gold beach oregon and my brother in law tried out my truck ....

He took vids of me hitting 70mph on the beach but I don't have that vid to post yet because the Wi-Fi here is doo doo . Just this one of him climbing
20200428_173610.jpg
20200428_173652.jpg
Nice! you from Oregon?

:wow: Damn, that # is high. I paid $213 for the renewal for my Scat & that's with my custom plate included, without a custom plate it's $189. Is the Scats registration the same amount? Say you had a custom plate in Cali...that # would be atleast around $800 than most likely...damn lol
i think my scat is like 500ish with a custom plate gotta double check.

my 20 year old honda is like 130 :lol:

i think my scat is like 500ish with a custom plate gotta double check.

my 20 year old honda is like 130 :lol:
That’s weird. In Texas I think we pay the same for every car. Inspection is usually like 20-30 and registration is like 60-80 so about 100 all in. That’s what I’ve paid for every car I’ve ever had

Back
Top Bottom