\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

1590574229582.png

1590574239878.png

1590574254461.png

The new TLX’s front suspension uses two wishbone-shaped control arms, in place of the more common Macpherson strut setup in many competing sport sedans, to deliver more precise control of wheel camber, caster and toe angles, and to maximize tire-to-ground contact for exceptional handling precision and cornering grip. Due to its inherent performance-enhancing attributes, double wishbone suspension underpins the second-generation NSX supercar and was a staple of Acura performance products of the past, including the Legend (1986-1995), Integra (1990-2001), TL and TL Type S (1996-2014), and first-generation NSX (1991-2005).

acura byke? :nerd:

dope, yeah that’s a good daily for the Midwest for sure.

she was looking at a macaan, I’m like get what you want but that **** is way too expensive IMO when you can get a dope sq5.

Definitely agree on the pricing of Porsche! Their price structure is just been out of wack the past several years. A regular 911, non S wth decent options is like $140!! An S is more, then go to the 4S. My buddy told me his friend works at a Porsche dealer and they are giving their cars away (figuratively speaking of course) in comparison to what they used to sell for. I still can't see it. I drove a Panamera S when they first came out and that was IMPRESSIVE, but not for the $$. I know the 911 is just amazing (all the reviews say it) but I look at that and my wife's '18 F Type SVR she just got and there is NO WAY I'd take the 911 over the Jaguar!

The Jag wins in looks (stunning), the performance for most everyone is totally adequate (575 hp is A LOT, and she drives it daily, though now working.from home, but it would be driven to work on the roads around our house, not at Laguna Seca or Le Mans) and it wins for the sound (There is NOTHING that sounds like an F-Type 5.0!!)).

I like Porsche (the GT4 Cayman and or a older GT3 is a dream for me) but this pandemic that had changed the auto sales landscape will affect Porsche too. Just gotta figure out how much.

Last edited:
Dude the jag is the nastiest sounding car out now.

yeah I would love an older gt3 or turbo one day but I cant afford any of them new and probably never could. :lol:

but like you said the pricing is so out of wack compared to the competition. I guess that’s what the cayman is for but still what’s a gt4 cayman? 75k? Plenty of cars will embarrass that car for under 75k.

A big part of things that go with owning a Porsche are brand reputation and value retention. A 911 depreciates much more slowly than almost any other car out there and if you keep it long enough will probably eventually appreciate. Unless you’re getting a gt2rs everyone knows that you are not getting the most hp for the price you pay. I’ve owned mine for close to 2 years. Current asking prices for similar targas right now are around the same price I paid then.

im sorry my guy but da 911 in every single way >>>> da jag

yall ever heard a porsche at full throttle shifting? nasty noises bruh
I love jags, hell I owned a jag with that motor in it before the f type coupe even came out but with that said there is nothing that would make me take one over a 911. 911s just do EVERYTHING well and as you pointed out ........very very few cars equal the sound of a GT3 at full tilt and the SVR ain't it. Now of course my post is purely opinion based

yeah I would love an older gt3 or turbo one day but I cant afford any of them new and probably never could. :lol:

but like you said the pricing is so out of wack compared to the competition. I guess that’s what the cayman is for but still what’s a gt4 cayman? 75k? Plenty of cars will embarrass that car for under 75k.
That is true but you act like every car buyer shows purely on bang for buck. Plenty of cars will be it for cheaper and yet plenty of cars need massive incentives to move meanwhile GT4s are always gone.

Personally speaking if I pay over 40k bang for buck is long out the window, if your sole purpose is performance you will always come out cheaper buying the base trim car and making it faster.

Hey buddy, the GT4 Cayman STARTS at $99K no options! Routinely they are in the $120-$140K with all the crazy priced options Porsche offers. That's A LOT for that car. Yes, if you want an amazing track machine, yes, there isn't much that beats it, but for a car to drive on the weekends, there are many other choices.

A big part of things that go with owning a Porsche are brand reputation and value retention. A 911 depreciates much more slowly than almost any other car out there and if you keep it long enough will probably eventually appreciate. Unless you’re getting a gt2rs everyone knows that you are not getting the most hp for the price you pay. I’ve owned mine for close to 2 years. Current asking prices for similar targas right now are around the same price I paid then.

I LOVE the new Targa. Such an awesome design! Any chance you can post a few shots of your car? I never seen it if you had posted in the past. Thanks.

And definitely with the value. Porsche holds their value crazy right now. Especially if it's a GT3/RS. But older 996 Turbos with decent miles are actually fairly reasonable and that motor is basically bulletproof (no IMS issues). Would love one of those but my next & last (reasonable priced) toy I want is a Lotus Elise. Stupid reliable Toyota engine and minimal electronics. They are still in the $30K for a good example.

My ultimate dream is a 2005-2006 Ford GT. That is my dream. Driven them loads of times and they are just amazing!!

Last edited:
im sorry my guy but da 911 in every single way >>>> da jag

yall ever heard a porsche at full throttle shifting? nasty noises bruh

Not in every way. Won't deny the 911 is awesome. It is, but not everyone needs a car that's racecar like. And no, I won't concede the Porsche sounds better. It sounds amazing (my buddy has a 997 GT3 and I took a ride, WOW) but V8 vs flat 6...V8 wins in my eyes 👍 Especially with the exhaust. But everyone is different. The SVR just barks, crackles & pops, slowing down at 2K RPM. And go through an underpass, downshift to over 3K and tap the gas and it's AMAZING!!! It's all about what you want.

Last edited:
Hey buddy, the GT4 Cayman STARTS at $99K no options! Routinely they are in the $120-$140K with all the crazy priced options Porsche offers. That's A LOT for that car. Yes, if you want an amazing track machine, yes, there isn't much that beats it, but for a car to drive on the weekends, there are many other choices.
Okay so if you want to compare starting msrps...the SVR 123k ..... there's no argument about the svr being cheaper the Porsche When comparing it to the GT4. On the used Market GT4s are a little bit higher ( high 90s) vs the SVR being mid 80s.

As far as the comment about the GT4 being an option just to be a track rat versus a week in car is inaccurate because I think some people would pick the GT4 strictly for the purposes of it being a manual transmission and more engaging the drive and fun not exactly for its track numbers.

I like both cars for different reasons and one car is not better than the other imo . To me it's all about preference, and my preference out of the two would be daily Drive SVR and GT4 on the weekends

Okay so if you want to compare starting msrps...the SVR 123k ..... there's no argument about the svr being cheaper the Porsche When comparing it to the GT4. On the used Market GT4s are a little bit higher ( high 90s) vs the SVR being mid 80s.

As far as the comment about the GT4 being an option just to be a track rat versus a week in car is inaccurate because I think some people would pick the GT4 strictly for the purposes of it being a manual transmission and more engaging the drive and fun not exactly for its track numbers.

I like both cars for different reasons and one car is not better than the other imo . To me it's all about preference, and my preference out of the two would be daily Drive SVR and GT4 on the weekends

Definitely agree with you on the daily/weekend car. I love manual, and it's a shame there are so few left. It's why I want an Elise in a few years in the worst way. Small manual 2,000 lb car = FUN TO DRIVE!! But I gotta say, I'm a manual but, but the ZF 8-sp in the F Type is impressive. It's not PDK level, but for a normal torque converter equipped auto, it's dang good! Quick responsive shifts when the paddle is pulled. I was honestly surprised when I drive it the 1st time once it arrived.

The odd thing, Porsche just came out and apologized for not gearing the new GT4 the way it needed as they used the prior manual transmission. People didn't like it gets well over 60 in 2nd. It's an interesting article below.

The funny thing, there are more GT4s out there vs SVRs coupes. My wife's is an 18, and bought from consignment so she got a smoking deal on a 10K mile clean car from a seller who wanted it gone to get the next car. The only other '18 online is low $90's. Definitely buy the Jag used and let depreciation be your friend, lol. But it's rare to find more than a few used '18s for sale (pretty much all are '17 and the infotainment system, as crappy as it is, is not the new version, which still isn't great but better than the '17.

You are right though that some want the GT4 solely on the manual. 👍

Last edited:
Not in every way. Won't deny the 911 is awesome. It is, but not everyone needs a car that's racecar like. And no, I won't concede the Porsche sounds better. It sounds amazing (my buddy has a 997 GT3 and I took a ride, WOW) but V8 vs flat 6...V8 wins in my eyes 👍 Especially with the exhaust. But everyone is different. The SVR just barks, crackles & pops, slowing down at 2K RPM. And go through an underpass, downshift to over 3K and tap the gas and it's AMAZING!!! It's all about what you want.

It depends on the V8, all V8s are not Equal. I will take a GT3/GT4 exhaust note over a ZL1, hellcat, Z06 , most BMW V8, most AMG V8s , aston martin V8....i could keep going lol

Anybody can make an exhuast loud or louder and for most ppl they thing louder is better, I like range , I like character.

I LOVE the new Targa. Such an awesome design! Any chance you can post a few shots of your car? I never seen it if you had posted in the past. Thanks.

And definitely with the value. Porsche holds their value crazy right now. Especially if it's a GT3/RS. But older 996 Turbos with decent miles are actually fairly reasonable and that motor is basically bulletproof (no IMS issues). Would love one of those but my next & last (reasonable priced) toy I want is a Lotus Elise. Stupid reliable Toyota engine and minimal electronics. They are still in the $30K for a good example.

My ultimate dream is a 2005-2006 Ford GT. That is my dream. Driven them loads of times and they are just amazing!!
Did u happen to see that red gt they had over at udrive in west chester a few months ago ? Thing was ****ing beautiful. I think it had like 100 miles on it or something crazy.

edit: here’s the link 746 miles. I was way off

05fordgt 05fordgt The SVR in convertible=🔥. Your wife's car by the Delaware Water Gap area in the backroads of Bushkill,PA... man oh man that sounds like a helluva fun drive. Let that V8 sing it's tunes

Got the rotor hats painted gloss black yesterday. It's not the most noticeable mod but I've been wanting to do it for a while now + anything to add more black to my car lol. Wish my boys shop powder coated rotors too but his boss doesn't get involved in projects that require brake bleeding for whatever reason. Will take better pics next time I got her out
Screenshot_20200526-171201_Messages.jpg
b4
Screenshot_20200526-171339_Gallery.jpg
after
20200526_161352.jpg
20200526_112829.jpg

Back
Top Bottom