\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Sounds like you found it. Plus, if the alternator is bad, and isn't charging while driving, the car can't last long on battery alone without an alt. My wife has a 1969 Camaro and years ago, when we were heading back from an exhaust shop, her wipers stopped and the lights went out. If was during the afternoon, so the rain wasn't heavy and it was still bright out (though cloudy). We got it home (barely) but realized the alternator moved and the belt came off. The bracket was a custom job. Once it was fixed, and the belt put back on, it was good. But the car hated running on battery alone.
Yeah I hope I found it. I had been driving it for a couple weeks and would start up every time then I left it for a week and it was dead again. It never died while driving though

Please, don't do that! That is the #1 way to NOT get help right away. Go in with a sincere attitude asking for help. As long as they aren't backed up with prior jobs that are already scheduled, they should be able to get one of the techs to get the car in, test the battery, and once they see it's bad, replace under warranty (if the car is still under bump to bump).

I've seen time and time again people coming in with seriously harsh attitudes, and swear up and down. This leads to NOWHERE! I've seen people get kicked out due to using profane language at one of my coworkers. People don't deserve to be talked to like that. I know customers don't want to be addressed so why it is okay to talk to others in this manner? Civility.

Remember, the dealer your taking it too, didn't cause the battery to go bad. They want to help. And they want to get you in and out as quick as they can. Just some days are busier than others. It's best to call ahead to see how their day is so far. I have the best story (if you want to hear it) about a customer who wanted an oil change done in 30 minutes, which on the vehicle they drove in with, was an impossibility! It's a doozie! That story is why I always say is the main reason to call first. Remember, you do better with honey then vinegar. 👍
You're right, it's not the best approach. I never meant to get disrespectful- moreso to be firm & let them know it's an urgent matter. These dealership employees are funny at times. They'll make up BS excuses why they can't work on your car meanwhile all the techs are just hanging out or on their phones in the back service area. I read a lot of reviews on dealership interactions with their customers. Some colorful stuff has been said lol. I don't condone to go in their guns blazing but it's obvious when the service rep is blowing smoke...at that time politely ya gotta put your foot down & not leave until the car gets serviced. Now, if someone comes in steaming hot & using profanity to get their point across that's an automatic guarantee your car will not get serviced & totally wrong attitude to have. When customers get firm & hold their stance on not leaving the dealership than things get done on the dealerships end...this I've personally seen. Oh & do share your oil change story lol, I'm interested

Ok can’t find any corvette c6 grand sport for my price range, then I was looking at the q60 red sport but don’t think I wanna deal with the hassle of a turbo car, the more I learn about it.... hate to say this since I always hated on this car but look like I’ll be stuck looking to find a 2018 mustang gt. I want a car in the 400 whp range with least amount of problems.

Ok can’t find any corvette c6 grand sport for my price range, then I was looking at the q60 red sport but don’t think I wanna deal with the hassle of a turbo car, the more I learn about it.... hate to say this since I always hated on this car but look like I’ll be stuck looking to find a 2018 mustang gt. I want a car in the 400 whp range with least amount of problems.
I thought you didn’t want anything big :lol:

Lol times have change, and options low for a 420whp car without issues. If the q60 didn’t have so much turbo and belt issues, I would easily aim for that.
I just seen grandsport are just under z06 asking price which is ridiculous. You should be able to find a z51 for 15-18k with decently low miles. You can always add the widebody later on for a few thousand if you need it. A bolt on ls3 will get you an easy 400 even with the automatic. I see some built and boosted c6s for around 22k on Corvette forums.

I just seen grandsport are just under z06 asking price which is ridiculous. You should be able to find a z51 for 15-18k with decently low miles. You can always add the widebody later on for a few thousand if you need it. A bolt on ls3 will get you an easy 400 even with the automatic. I see some built and boosted c6s for around 22k on Corvette forums.

Any chance you can just send me one link of the z51 for the 18k range so I can have something to go off of ?

I work in auto service and I can promise you acting like a child right off the bat gets you absolutely nowhere. No matter what warranty you have, when you bought the car, how much you paid etc, you cant talk to people in a business however you want to.

I was just about to say this. Its super cringe to see people act out in businesses. Getting irate with people who you are literally asking for help from in the same sentence has never made much sense to me.
:lol: i worked in retail banking for two years while in college, and it amazed me that people thought they would get what they wanted by coming in and screaming at me/threatening me. :lol:

I've worked CVS/RiteAid/Sears(merchandise pick-up only, no cashier) people have no etiquette. The worse are the ones who throw the $ on the counter & expect you to pick it all up. Than the ones who get super emo when you ask em for their ID for cigs/alcohol & they take it soo damn personal. Like it's my job, idgaf if it offends you I'm just doing my job & it's a mandated requirement for me to ask. I once yelled at this older Russian dude EVERY single time he got on line to pay he would immediately start screaming HURRY HURRY UP, OPEN UP ANOTHER REGISTER blah blah blah. Told em to shut his *** up and learn to wait and be patient. Man retail & people really test your patience at times. I hate being that person or create a scene in public nor do I like having eyrs on me & being the center of attention but sometimes you gotta give ppl what they're asking for

The used market is weird right now. Seems like everyone is overpricing everything. There’s definitely less cars out there being sold though cause I constantly look for deals and I’ve noticed there’s less results now than there was a few months ago. I just looked for c6 corvettes and nothing under 20k unless it has 150k miles.
I’d try to look at one that’s listed for 20k and try to get it for 18k

with the C8 being out now, its going to be hard to find a front engine Vette for cheap

its going to be a premium for them now especially if you want a stick

The used market is weird right now. Seems like everyone is overpricing everything. There’s definitely less cars out there being sold though cause I constantly look for deals and I’ve noticed there’s less results now than there was a few months ago. I just looked for c6 corvettes and nothing under 20k unless it has 150k miles.
I’d try to look at one that’s listed for 20k and try to get it for 18k
with the C8 being out now, its going to be hard to find a front engine Vette for cheap

its going to be a premium for them now especially if you want a stick
Taking a soft look around c6s private party are still sitting 15-18k as I said with decent miles (60-75k) but I'm not seeing any z51s or z16s at the moment. I know last month I was seeing some z51s for the same price with a 10-15k more miles than a 3lt. When you go to the stealership of course they're gonna have wild mark ups they're trying to make money by any means they dont have your best intrest in mind.

Taking a soft look around c6s private party are still sitting 15-18k as I said with decent miles (60-75k) but I'm not seeing any z51s or z16s at the moment. I know last month I was seeing some z51s for the same price with a 10-15k more miles than a 3lt. When you go to the stealership of course they're gonna have wild mark ups they're trying to make money by any means they dont have your best intrest in mind.
I usually look on cargurus autotrader cars.com and I usually find some good deals but now it’s rare. Where do you look for private sales? Facebook?

I wonder if they are going in this direction to try and fill the niche of the old Harley Davidson edition.

G8's are soggy as hell unless you get a DOD delete and at least a cam and stall.
Grab a Sierra> single cab or a srt10 ram :nerd:
77ea9316f753a497bc5312da3380aa3d.jpg

🤤
Crazy I was just looking into GMC Denali's, I was just bored at work and was thinking what would I get if my Tundra was totaled. Only viable option was the Denali, not buying a Dodge or a Ford. I like the Chevy but I hate the grill on it.
22797361125.jpg Annotation 2020-07-06 210306.png

Anyone ceramic coat their car, looking at having it done on one of my cars.

Last edited:
I usually look on cargurus autotrader cars.com and I usually find some good deals but now it’s rare. Where do you look for private sales? Facebook?
I use CL,Fb marketplace,offer up, follow a few ig pages. If I'm looking for a specific car I usually look at specific forums because that's where the enthusiasts will be and you will find great deals on stock cars or even fully built cars. I spend a good amount of time on each platform looking for flips whether its cars,tools,gold,shoes ect ect

I wonder if they are going in this direction to try and fill the niche of the old Harley Davidson edition.

Crazy I was just looking into GMC Denali's, I was just bored at work and was thinking what would I get if my Tundra was totaled. Only viable option was the Denali, not buying a Dodge or a Ford. I like the Chevy but I hate the grill on it.

I'm not a big fan of the current generation GM trucks. I've always preferred the GMC counterpart over the Chevy because they have always have a nicer fascia.
Also I've had a ceramic coating done but I hear great things especially on black vehicles.

I had ceramic coating done to my Challenger. Used my sister-in-laws Accord as the guniea pig to learn the ropes lol. This was back in 2017 I bought the Adam's Polish swirl remover kit. I've learned over the years that ceramic coating is a good investment & it really does repel water & dust BUT since it's basically like adding a layer of clear coat on top of your factory clear coat...the ceramic coat is still vulnerable to the same damage as clear coat. Some fine hairline scratches & swirls have returned on my Challengers ceramic layer over the past 3 years & it pisses me off lol. The only true answer to perfect, flawless paint is clear bra. You can take a key or nail to the paint & nothing will happen. I plan on clear bra'ing the entire Challenger in the near future. It's more costly than ceramic coating but outlasts it by years. Ceramic coating on a daily driver lasts 2-3 years they say & upto 5 years on non daily driven vehicles. Clear-bra lasts 10 to 12. Also, before, the clearbra used to be a dull finish & you'd lose some sheen once it went over your paint but now they can add ceramic coat layer to the bra once its placed & your vehicle will retain the same amount of gloss as it had before the clearbra. Hope this helped. Post b4s & afters of the ceramic coat process you're getting done if you don't mind 👍

I use CL,Fb marketplace,offer up, follow a few ig pages. If I'm looking for a specific car I usually look at specific forums because that's where the enthusiasts will be and you will find great deals on stock cars or even fully built cars. I spend a good amount of time on each platform looking for flips whether its cars,tools,gold,shoes ect ect
Didn’t think about looking at forums but yeah you’re right I always see cars for sale on mustang and civic forums I’m on

Guys by the way my Belltech 1” lowering springs finally came in (took like a month)
My pops didn’t wait for me and put one side on. I don’t blame him I’d be excited too :lol:
I’ll post pics tomorrow once we do the other side

Back
Top Bottom