\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Merc starting to lose itself. S class interior went from elegant to cheap to compete with Tesla. Rich old guys want simple elegance not futuristic tech

The small volume knob right next to my shifter is one of my favorite things about my car. Such a natural place for it.

I went from a Tesla Model S to a Mercedes S550 and this looks interesting.

The Tesla touchscreen is easy to use, so if anything, MB's version will be even more refined and easier.

I feel like the styling of the W223 is aimed towards Asians.

I went from a Tesla Model S to a Mercedes S550 and this looks interesting.

The Tesla touchscreen is easy to use, so if anything, MB's version will be even more refined and easier.

I feel like the styling of the W223 is aimed towards Asians.
u aint wrong i think one of mercedes biggest market is asia if not their biggest...

As I suspected the springs lowered the car more than 1”
Here’s the before
19E37221-9034-4CED-878B-E2D6D74FCD30.png

4AA8478C-B792-4272-AECD-340229002D66.jpeg

After
No more 4x4 look. The front is definitely higher now though. This next picture shows how high the front sits
AE9F1317-311A-4D7B-98A9-8D7E6E494AE9.jpeg

overall I’m happy with the stance and ride. I was worried it would rub on the big meats in the back but after a test drive it seems like it’s all good. now to lower the front end.

Attachments

• 7023AB80-F417-4B0D-BAE3-02AD5394D7D4.png
    7023AB80-F417-4B0D-BAE3-02AD5394D7D4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
I had ceramic coating done to my Challenger. Used my sister-in-laws Accord as the guniea pig to learn the ropes lol. This was back in 2017 I bought the Adam's Polish swirl remover kit. I've learned over the years that ceramic coating is a good investment & it really does repel water & dust BUT since it's basically like adding a layer of clear coat on top of your factory clear coat...the ceramic coat is still vulnerable to the same damage as clear coat. Some fine hairline scratches & swirls have returned on my Challengers ceramic layer over the past 3 years & it pisses me off lol. The only true answer to perfect, flawless paint is clear bra. You can take a key or nail to the paint & nothing will happen. I plan on clear bra'ing the entire Challenger in the near future. It's more costly than ceramic coating but outlasts it by years. Ceramic coating on a daily driver lasts 2-3 years they say & upto 5 years on non daily driven vehicles. Clear-bra lasts 10 to 12. Also, before, the clearbra used to be a dull finish & you'd lose some sheen once it went over your paint but now they can add ceramic coat layer to the bra once its placed & your vehicle will retain the same amount of gloss as it had before the clearbra. Hope this helped. Post b4s & afters of the ceramic coat process you're getting done if you don't mind 👍
Thanks for the info from my research they are saying clear bra your car then ceramic coat over that for the best protection.
Got my windows tinted today... ceramic tint throught out the car including the windshield which is 50%. 30% on the fronts and 5% in the rear.
Besides the Chevy what else were you considering, what was the deciding factor to get the Chevy. Congrats on the purchase.
Merc starting to lose itself. S class interior went from elegant to cheap to compete with Tesla. Rich old guys want simple elegance not futuristic tech

Can't view the video at work, but hasn't MB always tried to go the futuristic tech route. I remember them allowing you to change the ambient light in the GT coupe.

Picked this up about a month ago... 2004 IS300 116k manual. I'm not sure what my plans are yet, since these in 5speed are getting more and more rare/expensive I'm gonna keep it for a long while. Pretty damn fun to drive in stock form too...
20200620_181737.jpg
Easy enough engine swap a 2J into it.

Thanks for the info from my research they are saying clear bra your car then ceramic coat over that for the best protection.

Besides the Chevy what else were you considering, what was the deciding factor to get the Chevy. Congrats on the purchase.

Can't view the video at work, but hasn't MB always tried to go the futuristic tech route. I remember them allowing you to change the ambient light in the GT coupe.

I really wanted this 2017 Lincoln Continental but I didn't feel like having to fly to STL then have someone drive me another 3.5 hours to Jefferson city. The Impala was local and under my budget.

Was also considering the MKZ Hybrid, Nissian Altima and Maxima, Hyundai Genesis sedan (AWD because RWD isn't gonna cut it in the snow. I hope to get a 2019 Lincoln Continental black edition in like 2-3 years after I pay this car off.

Picked this up about a month ago... 2004 IS300 116k manual. I'm not sure what my plans are yet, since these in 5speed are getting more and more rare/expensive I'm gonna keep it for a long while. Pretty damn fun to drive in stock form too...
20200620_181737.jpg
Tell me about it. Tried to find one for my little brother but at the price point they're going for I can get the next gen is for the same price in same condition which is ridiculous.

Tell me about it. Tried to find one for my little brother but at the price point they're going for I can get the next gen is for the same price in same condition which is ridiculous.
Yea I'm glad I found a good deal because the prices are definitely going up on them. They make a good light weight platform for big power mods

with they made those in a crew cab lol

would rarely see those with the r/t in the grill

what's the difference between those and a regular semi? just the badge?

Is it bad to mix gas by accident? I had a quarter tank of gas in my whip and my bro filled it for me with 87, I use 93.

with they made those in a crew cab lol

would rarely see those with the r/t in the grill

what's the difference between those and a regular semi? just the badge?
Its basically an appearance package with nicer interior. Only performance upgrades I know of are factory 4:10 gears and a higher stall converter.

Is it bad to mix gas by accident? I had a quarter tank of gas in my whip and my bro filled it for me with 87, I use 93.
You'll be fine. It only makes a diffrence if your car's tuned for a specific octane. Might see a little worse mileage for that tank. If it really bothers you go get some octane booster at an auto store.

So I'll be blacking-out all the badges on my Challenger soon. The badges on the grill are held on by tabs or pins & it's real easy to pop off and back on but the rest of them are held on by double sided tape my boy told me. Should I use some sort of adhesive/glue to stick em back on once done or 3M double sided tape?

Back
Top Bottom