\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

That means id have to wait around forever for them to even get an appointment from them to do it. You think theyll reimburse?
Create a scene if need be bro lol. Walk up in there & don't take "no" or "later" for an answer. Start off polite & tell em its a huge emergency & your elderly family members depend on you & your ride to drive them around to their clinics and for check-ups blah blah blah improvise so whatever needs to be done HAS to be done RIGHT THE F NOW! I've personally seen this one work multiple times lol. If they can do it sooner or later doesn't matter...they won't offer reimbursement

Price Is very high on that one imo.
If I were you id be looking for a z51(factory brake upgrade, oil coolers) or a grand sport(factory widebody and brake upgrade)
Ultimately the lowest mileage one you can find would be ideal but those ls3s are stout no big deal if has a bit of miles.

thanks for the tips, I’ll keep my eye out for one, for some reason here I’m not finding no cheap price corvette, maybe they just popular here in Arizona idk.

At work We had a turbo blow on a month old truck last week and another got a lifter making noise.

they don’t make anything like they used to. :lol:
Aren't factory turbos notoriously unreliable across the board? I love those ads "Introducing the all new & revised Honda CRV with 2l turbo, affordability with high performance" or Infinitis & their 3liter with a tiny spooling factory turbo. I think the most unreliable ones were the ones that were on the 300Z in the 90s

Aren't factory turbos notoriously unreliable across the board? I love those ads "Introducing the all new & revised Honda CRV with 2l turbo, affordability with high performance" or Infinitis & their 3liter with a tiny spooling factory turbo. I think the most unreliable ones were the ones that were on the 300Z in the 90s

idk, I mean it depends really. They used to blow in my car around 75k until they switched turbos now they’re bullet proof.

this turbo was in a kenworth dump truck, new Cummins junk.

idk, I mean it depends really. They used to blow in my car around 75k until they switched turbos now they’re bullet proof.

As much as I love Mopar, if I needed a diesel truck, a powerstroke F250 would be calling my name.

Price Is very high on that one imo.
If I were you id be looking for a z51(factory brake upgrade, oil coolers) or a grand sport(factory widebody and brake upgrade)
Ultimately the lowest mileage one you can find would be ideal but those ls3s are stout no big deal if has a bit of miles.
I never noticed the grand sport had the widebody. Damn learn something every day

I whip a new f350 in the winter for work. That powerstroke pulls 20k pounds like nothing.

I wouldn’t ask a chevy or dodge to be a plow truck + pull a skid steer. They can’t really handle it. Chevys blow front diffs and dodges transmissions can’t hang.

Oh nvm than. The factory turbos tech & engineering probably has made some good improvements over the decades. 75k is a good # before blowing. So the new Cummins stuff is no good? A dude asked to race me in my Challenger last year & I was like sure why not? He looked very disappointed after I handed him that L in his Cummins diesel. The truck looked & sounded beast though. Ain't no way I'm losing to a truck that weighs 7,000+lbs idc if my car is stock or not lol

They aint open til Monday so I mean. I need the car today and tomorrow for sure.
Damn that's rough man. Umm you're in NYC right? If it's absolutely necessary I know the AutoZone in Levittown, Long Island is the 24 hour hub & you can get the battery from there. Just call ahead & make sure they have it. Most if not all the local parts stores are closed for the 4th

Damn that's rough man. Umm you're in NYC right? If it's absolutely necessary I know the AutoZone in Levittown, Long Island is the 24 hour hub & you can get the battery from there. Just call ahead & make sure they have it. Most if not all the local parts stores are closed for the 4th

I refused to believe it was the battery since its so new and lo and behold it was. Made it to Autozone and swapped it, car starts perfect.

Only thing I can think of is I bought a cigarette to wall outlet converter that didnt work (tried using a steamer and handheld vacuum). Maybe that screwed it up?

I never noticed the grand sport had the widebody. Damn learn something every day
The grand sport is basically just an appearance package. It has a z06 look without the price and the big boy upgrades.
thanks for the tips, I’ll keep my eye out for one, for some reason here I’m not finding no cheap price corvette, maybe they just popular here in Arizona idk.
If I were you I'd get approved for the loan and look for one private party and just get it checked out by a local mechanic or even the dealer. Saves you from that dealer tax and most likely will come with some kind of upgrades and/or Maintenance records.

I refused to believe it was the battery since its so new and lo and behold it was. Made it to Autozone and swapped it, car starts perfect.

Only thing I can think of is I bought a cigarette to wall outlet converter that didnt work (tried using a steamer and handheld vacuum). Maybe that screwed it up?
If it happens again it means you got a parasitic drain somewhere in the electrical. You sure you didnt leave something plugged the outlet or possible a light on?

Oh nvm than. The factory turbos tech & engineering probably has made some good improvements over the decades. 75k is a good # before blowing. So the new Cummins stuff is no good? A dude asked to race me in my Challenger last year & I was like sure why not? He looked very disappointed after I handed him that L in his Cummins diesel. The truck looked & sounded beast though. Ain't no way I'm losing to a truck that weighs 7,000+lbs idc if my car is stock or not lol

idk about pickups.

new heavy duty trucks like semis and dump trucks are garbage in general. I drive a 20 years old truck on the original cat motor and turbo.

these new ones are all plastic and look like school busses and have trash motors made for economy and emissions not reliability and power.

I drive one of these. It goes hard. :pimp:

3AB43C8C-0C1B-45CD-A79E-11A08F1F17E1.jpeg

If it happens again it means you got a parasitic drain somewhere in the electrical. You sure you didnt leave something plugged the outlet or possible a light on?

It had trouble starting a few days ago but eventually turned over and didnt give me issues again til today. I never leave anything on.

I whip a new f350 in the winter for work. That powerstroke pulls 20k pounds like nothing.

I wouldn’t ask a chevy or dodge to be a plow truck + pull a skid steer. They can’t really handle it. Chevys blow front diffs and dodges transmissions can’t hang.
Them new fords hot

Damn, tried to turn on my 2019 Civic hatch this morning and its dead? It only has 18k miles, the car wont even try and turn over, all the lights just flicker in the dash. Never seen this happen before. Anyone know whats up?
Has to be the battery. Although it is soon for that.

While it seems it's a little soon, it's not uncommon. Batteries today are just crap vs 10 years ago. They don't last more than 3-4 years tops. If you get 5 years out of one, count yourself lucky. My previous leased 2017 Fusion Energi was only a few months old and the battery was shot. Nothing big, or crazy. Just no juice at all. Called RA and they came with a jump. Took it to work (I am in sales at a Ford dealer) and they got a battery in it later that day. Just a bad battery. It happens. Just like getting some apples and one is already rotten. No biggie.

While it seems it's a little soon, it's not uncommon. Batteries today are just crap vs 10 years ago. They don't last more than 3-4 years tops. If you get 5 years out of one, count yourself lucky. My previous leased 2017 Fusion Energi was only a few months old and the battery was shot. Nothing big, or crazy. Just no juice at all. Called RA and they came with a jump. Took it to work (I am in sales at a Ford dealer) and they got a battery in it later that day. Just a bad battery. It happens. Just like getting some apples and one is already rotten. No biggie.

I mention in another post I grabbed a cig lighter to wall plug converter that didnt work, tried with a vacuum and steamer and I guess they need more power than that converter could make, maybe caused some kind of malfunction? It had a hard time starting the other day also, but was fine then and the day after though I did notice a weird smell after driving around a bit.

Create a scene if need be bro lol. Walk up in there & don't take "no" or "later" for an answer. Start off polite & tell em its a huge emergency & your elderly family members depend on you & your ride to drive them around to their clinics and for check-ups blah blah blah improvise so whatever needs to be done HAS to be done RIGHT THE F NOW! I've personally seen this one work multiple times lol. If they can do it sooner or later doesn't matter...they won't offer reimbursement

Please, don't do that! That is the #1 way to NOT get help right away. Go in with a sincere attitude asking for help. As long as they aren't backed up with prior jobs that are already scheduled, they should be able to get one of the techs to get the car in, test the battery, and once they see it's bad, replace under warranty (if the car is still under bump to bump).

I've seen time and time again people coming in with seriously harsh attitudes, and swear up and down. This leads to NOWHERE! I've seen people get kicked out due to using profane language at one of my coworkers. People don't deserve to be talked to like that. I know customers don't want to be addressed so why it is okay to talk to others in this manner? Civility.

Remember, the dealer your taking it too, didn't cause the battery to go bad. They want to help. And they want to get you in and out as quick as they can. Just some days are busier than others. It's best to call ahead to see how their day is so far. I have the best story (if you want to hear it) about a customer who wanted an oil change done in 30 minutes, which on the vehicle they drove in with, was an impossibility! It's a doozie! That story is why I always say is the main reason to call first. Remember, you do better with honey then vinegar. 👍

I mention in another post I grabbed a cig lighter to wall plug converter that didnt work, tried with a vacuum and steamer and I guess they need more power than that converter could make, maybe caused some kind of malfunction? It had a hard time starting the other day also, but was fine then and the day after though I did notice a weird smell after driving around a bit.

If you smelled a burning aroma, then then that could be the battery basically cooking. Converters for cars are for very small items. Only the ones in pickups can run more powerful items.

Last edited:
Speaking of batteries, I’m having trouble with the el camino going through batteries. Changed the battery in March and I just replaced it again (under warranty). Car died again but this time the alternator (also under warranty) which was replaced last year. Don’t know if I have a parasitic drain somewhere. I replaced some ground wires that looked bad and now even the headlights/interior lights look brighter. Hopefully that was it, I’ll try to figure out if there is a drain somewhere though

Speaking of batteries, I’m having trouble with the el camino going through batteries. Changed the battery in March and I just replaced it again (under warranty). Car died again but this time the alternator (also under warranty) which was replaced last year. Don’t know if I have a parasitic drain somewhere. I replaced some ground wires that looked bad and now even the headlights/interior lights look brighter. Hopefully that was it, I’ll try to figure out if there is a drain somewhere though

Sounds like you found it. Plus, if the alternator is bad, and isn't charging while driving, the car can't last long on battery alone without an alt. My wife has a 1969 Camaro and years ago, when we were heading back from an exhaust shop, her wipers stopped and the lights went out. If was during the afternoon, so the rain wasn't heavy and it was still bright out (though cloudy). We got it home (barely) but realized the alternator moved and the belt came off. The bracket was a custom job. Once it was fixed, and the belt put back on, it was good. But the car hated running on battery alone.

Back
Top Bottom