\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Sinner Sinner had to tag you cause i know you're a HUGE McLaren guy

YAS. 05fordgt 05fordgt knows. I've been looking for a new and reasonably-priced copy of Driving Ambition for over 10 years. I don't want to get a used copy, but brand new ones cost several hundreds of dollars... and then there's the overseas shipping.

I was watching several vids of the T.50 yesterday and this car is definitely it. Gordon's attention to detail and approach to car-design is what I like to see. As huge as a McLaren fan as I am, if I had the money, I'd get this over anything from the current fleet of McLaren cars. I feel that this is the true spiritual successor to the F1.

Motor and Box. Would've never guessed he would go too Cossie for a power plant. Good move.

Screenshot_2020-08-05-21-50-46-1.png

YAS. 05fordgt 05fordgt knows. I've been looking for a new and reasonably-priced copy of Driving Ambition for over 10 years. I don't want to get a used copy, but brand new ones cost several hundreds of dollars... and then there's the overseas shipping.

I was watching several vids of the T.50 yesterday and this car is definitely it. Gordon's attention to detail and approach to car-design is what I like to see. As huge as a McLaren fan as I am, if I had the money, I'd get this over anything from the current fleet of McLaren cars. I feel that this is the true spiritual successor to the F1.

Thanks buddy! I've known about that book for a long while. Picked up my copy below about 3-4 years ago. Think I paid about $150 for it. Was in decent shape. Spine needs gluing, but the poster is mint. Never bought it for resale purposes but to read it, check out all the photos and be a quintessential shelf queen for all my car books (lots of books on the GT40). It's such a great read.

And your dead on about the T.50. There is no other car I would want if I had the funds! The wait would be so worth it! Just to see one in person, I'll be thrilled! The whole car is a work of functional art (function first and foremost while created and designed to save as much weight as possible at the same time. I think I said that right, lol). Just like the F1. Remember the Kenwood CD changer Gordon asked them to create. The original was too heavy so he had them make a version that was lighter. The magnets were smaller and the weight was different by grams. Crazy, but brilliant.

Here's my pics of my book.
IMG_20200806_104020.jpg
IMG_20200806_104120.jpg
IMG_20200806_104131.jpg

Motor and Box. Would've never guessed he would go too Cossie for a power plant. Good move.

Screenshot_2020-08-05-21-50-46-1.png

He's been saying he wanted Cosworth to build the motor to his specifications for a long while. He knows what he's getting with the motor! It's going to me a glorious soundtrack (as heard on the engine dyno on YouTube).

Remember the Kenwood CD changer Gordon asked them to create. The original was too heavy so he had them make a version that was lighter. The magnets were smaller and the weight was different by grams. Crazy, but brilliant.

Yes! IIRC, Gordon sprayed iron filings onto pieces of aluminum to create lighter magnets! Incredible attention to detail.

And it was also interesting to hear him talk about the sound inside the T.50 cabin from the throttle position rather than the exhaust.

am I the only one that used to buy Dupont registry as a kid :lol:

Your not alone buddy! My mom would get me a new copy every month when we went to the local grocery store! I was actually just telling my wife about how that book kept me so busy looking at every car and reading the descriptions! Loved that magazine! (It was like $4.99 a month back in the late '80s when C&D was half that). Been looking on their website lately as my wife has her eyes set on a pre-owned car that frequents the magazine in a year or so! 🤔 gonna be fun when the times comes to go shopping!

did u guys hear what matt farah said?

listen to his latest podcast at the 37min mark

he said how much black people like this volvo and then said "you know why they like it? because it looks good and who could describe what your driving to the cops?"

did u guys hear what matt farah said?

listen to his latest podcast at the 37min mark

he said how much black people like this volvo and then said "you know why they like it? because it looks good and who could describe what your driving to the cops?"

I don’t even know who that is
I’ll keep it that way

Back
Top Bottom