\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Hey fam it’s been a while. Last time I posted was half a year ago :ohwell: . Anyways quick update on my G. Bunch of Brabus parts and new brakes were done recently. Looking to do more off road focused mods later
50871D57-80D9-448A-804C-7FA15540FEBB.jpeg

Hard to tell but I don’t hear a v8. The audio sucks. he stuck the camera out as it drove by and all he caught was wind noise... Dope if true tho

u stay hatin
when u pullin up
I hit you last time and you never hit me back 🤔
I'm never hating just spittin facts numbers dont lie
Hard to tell but I don’t hear a v8. The audio sucks. he stuck the camera out as it drove by and all he caught was wind noise... Dope if true tho
Hoping it's at least an option but how would they price it when you spec out a raptor it's already near trx territory

The rumor a few years ago was that the new raptor was going to get the new 7.3L they put in the gas super duty. Then a supposed reliable source said that this gen raptor was gonna be the last and was gonna go out with a bang (v8). They been talking about the gt500 engine since the TRX was announced. I want a v8 just for the sound tbh. Even if it’s N/A. 700hp is useless when your top speed is 115mph... unless you just wanna smoke $400 tires

I hit you last time and you never hit me back 🤔
I'm never hating just spittin facts numbers dont lie

Hoping it's at least an option but how would they price it when you spec out a raptor it's already near trx territory
U never checked back up
Like u was suppose to
94FEB862-7C24-4624-8C4E-C980B9DC3803.jpeg

2022 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06's Engine Sounds Crazy in New Video
Turbocharged? Flat-plane crank? Listen to this camouflaged Corvette C8 and decide for yourself.
Corvette C8 Z06 front three quarter

Alex NishimotoWords
Aug 18, 2020
The Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray is great as-is, capable of hanging with the best sports cars in the segment. But the "base" mid-engine 'Vette is only the beginning. To really shake up the supercar establishment, Chevy needs to bring out the big guns. We're of course talking about the C8 Corvette Z06. We've reported plenty on the upcoming Z06 variant and the possibly related C8.R race car, breaking the news of the C8.R's dual-overhead-cam, flat-plane-crank V-8 more than a month before its reveal. Now, a recent video captures the C8 Corvette Z06's engine note—and it sounds absolutely insane.

In the video, a camouflaged C8 can be seen making a left turn onto a street near GM's Milford Proving Ground in Michigan. Seeing a Corvette C8 in full camo long after the car's reveal is curious, but by itself not particularly newsworthy. But once the driver lays on the throttle, things get interesting. The engine note is less guttural than the standard C8's 6.2-liter LT2 V-8 and it revs to the moon. That suggests to us there's a different type of engine behind the driver—one with more valves at the very least and possibly even the C8.R's flat-plane crankshaft.

The engine doesn't sound exactly like the C8.R's, however, as it's slightly muted. Part of that can be chalked up to mufflers and other exhaust equipment for the street, but it could also hint at a pair of turbochargers under hood. As we speculated previously, the C8 Corvette Z06's engine could use a smaller-displacement version of the C8.R's 5.5-liter flat-plane engine.
C8 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 rear three quarter render 01
C8 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 rear three quarter render 01

There are two reasons we think so. Firstly, going any higher than 5 liters with a flat-plane-crank design typically creates harmonics and vibrations no customer, or engine's integrity, would tolerate for very long. (The Ford GT350 gets around this with a massive harmonic balancer. ) And secondly, the Z06 can make up the difference in displacement with forced induction. With a twin-turbo setup, the 2022 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 could easily get up into the 700-hp range, or even higher if GM wants to surpass the 715-hp benchmark set by the C7 ZR1.

Concrete details are most likely still a few months out, but we like what we hear in this video

Lol at Chevy. Cats need to understand their new place in n the market. Raptor killer? Them boys better focus on a Tundra killer or a Titan killer. Ford and Rams entire truck line up > everything Chevy makes.

Lol at Chevy. Cats need to understand their new place in n the market. Raptor killer? Them boys better focus on a Tundra killer or a Titan killer. Ford and Rams entire truck line up > everything Chevy makes.
LS :pimp: . In sure if chevy takes their time with a silverado,they can compete with something that gives the raptor a run for its money. Big if though, ill give you that

Stop it. It wasnt until this generation of trucks that dodge actually brought something decent to the table. If it wasnt for the Cummins in the earlier trucks no one would have bought them 🤣

Back
Top Bottom