\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Confirmed that Maryland has some of the craziest drivers on this side of the earth.
So I've heard. Been wanting to go to Baltimore for a minute now & try some of that clam pizza from Joe Squared. All my tri-state/nearby roadtrips got cancelled due to the pandemic lol

Just incase anyone is out there looking for wheels/doors/panels/hoods etc...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CEoxENfDBbk&t=95s

Damn, thanks for the recommendations bro, I'm saving it. Will def try and hit up some of these places come Oct during my 2 week vaca. Yeah given the current climate, an open buffet is not a good idea. Baked goods is my favorite. Small mom & pop joints always have the best quality. I remember 2 years ago on our way back home from Poconos we were along the NJ/PA border in some small town in NJ & it was just a bunch of pie stands on both sides of the road. Man oh man, the different & sweet aromas of cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla that filled the roads was euphoric. If we didn't have soo many leftovers from packing too much for the Poconos I def would've scooped up some of those pies. @plansb you guys ever been to Franklin Fountain in Philly? Some of the most expensive ice cream I've ever had but worth every penny

I've heard of that. Never been yet. Truthfully, I have to watch eating ice cream far from home. I got severe Crohn's and while I can tolerate ice cream only so much, if I have too much of if it's really creamy rich, I'll be needing the men's room ASAP! So if I get ice cream, it's usually half gallons brought home or going to the local stands in Phoenixville (Petrucci's on 23, DQ for my staple, an extra Oreos Blizzard & maybe the last local Friendly's in the area in East Norriton).

I've heard of that. Never been yet. Truthfully, I have to watch eating ice cream far from home. I got severe Crohn's and while I can tolerate ice cream only so much, if I have too much of if it's really creamy rich, I'll be needing the men's room ASAP! So if I get ice cream, it's usually half gallons brought home or going to the local stands in Phoenixville (Petrucci's on 23, DQ for my staple, an extra Oreos Blizzard & maybe the last local Friendly's in the area in East Norriton).

Not too familiar with Crohns, when you say you need a bathroom close do you basically just **** everything that goes in ASAP? I know its a digestive disease but how does it affect you personally?

Serious question, if its too personal then thats fine too homie.

Hopefully it’s ok to post this in here, I’m looking at buying this 85 Chevrolet Caprice, but was concerned with the rust. The body looks to be In great condition, but underneath seems a little to questionable. Idk if any one can help I would appreciate it!

Attachments

• BDE2D035-137F-43CC-852B-5B2690F596E5.png
    BDE2D035-137F-43CC-852B-5B2690F596E5.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 3DB73EED-0E59-4C95-99FF-BAF12364CA8C.png
    3DB73EED-0E59-4C95-99FF-BAF12364CA8C.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 5114A3C0-E3C0-4163-8126-883A7739BCFA.png
    5114A3C0-E3C0-4163-8126-883A7739BCFA.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • BDF02180-1DA9-49D9-82E5-CA0DB9D572EA.png
    BDF02180-1DA9-49D9-82E5-CA0DB9D572EA.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • F0A5749F-4883-4080-B1EF-920DDC7E3354.png
    F0A5749F-4883-4080-B1EF-920DDC7E3354.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
  • 7FF50CE0-ECE1-46B3-BA11-990AA95D01EF.png
    7FF50CE0-ECE1-46B3-BA11-990AA95D01EF.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 206
how are you feeling?

i know you left work earlier this year for medical reasons

i really do hope you are doing better

Hopefully it’s ok to post this in here, I’m looking at buying this 85 Chevrolet Caprice, but was concerned with the rust. The body looks to be In great condition, but underneath seems a little to questionable. Idk if any one can help I would appreciate it!
It seems most of the rust is on the kmember and lower control arms in front. I'd more considered with the actual frame which seems to be in great condition. Everything I see that's rusting looks as if it's still treatable if you wanted to take the time and wire brush it down and save it with a rust coating. If its gonna be a runner I'd ride it till wheels fall off.
Box chevys need luv too

what mr clean said
Hit it with a wire brush and some undercoating treatment under it

I keep forgetting gm made a 4.3 v8 . If you get it you plan to keep it stock?

i see it has the rear sway bar also. Year one and hotchkiss has an upgrade set for b bodies that make em handle better.

I appreciate the help! I do plan on keeping it stock, at least for a while. I plan on just using it as a project to have fun with really, nothing to crazy though. Thanks for the info on the sway bar I was confused on what that was.

Just bought an 03 silverado ss. My 3rd time owning one. This one is in great condition imo. I wanted a older whip that I can drive daily that serves a purpose and this was perfect. Just ordered some Forgiato 26s twisted maglia, and gonna drop it a few inches. And, gonna try to get it to about 500whp in the future...
20200822_103200.jpg

Not too familiar with Crohns, when you say you need a bathroom close do you basically just **** everything that goes in ASAP? I know its a digestive disease but how does it affect you personally?

Serious question, if its too personal then thats fine too homie.

No worries buddy. I've been dealing with GI issues since I was 16 (ulcerative colitis) and I'm 44 in a week. Many trips to Philly to the big hospital for doctors and procedures (including a liver transplant). Yeah, if I eat something that doesn't agree with me, yeah, it goes in and right out pretty quickly. If it's not right away, it's like 10-15 minutes of major discomfort and pain. Google Crohn's disease if you don't mind. It will make you thank your lucky stars you don't have it. At the worst (last year) up to 35 trips a day to the men's room.

How does it affect me personally? At its worst, you really can't leave the house. Straight up, you can be no further than 10 feet from a bathroom. It's why I took short term disability on February 1st from work, and now after 6 months, I've applied for long term. I can't work like this. I did for many years, to the detriment to my own health (always put work first as a "good little soldier" over my health). Can't do it anymore. I'm hoping it's approved (it should be) and I can rest for a good bit. But yeah, at its worst years ago, I could not go to anything (concert, sports events, you name it). It really gets you down. But thankfully I'm a "glass half full" type of guy and have a positive outlook.

how are you feeling?

i know you left work earlier this year for medical reasons

i really do hope you are doing better

Hey buddy, thanks for asking. Still out of work. Took the full 6 months I had on the policy and the insurance company offered me long-term disability that I already applied for and am just waiting for it to be approved (I really shook the claims agent when we did our phone interview, with my entire medical history. He was basically speechless). I feel so so. Some days okay, some not well. Still going anywhere from 15-25 times a day. Not good. 😞😞

So if it's approved 🤞🤞, I'll have a good bit of time (rumor is max is 2 years) to relax and figure out a plan on what to do with my life in terms of work. Auto sales, I loved it, but my location, I'll be one of only 3 sales people and would be expected to be there basically 9-7 daily. Can't do that anymore. My body can't take that kind of stress. It would put be right back where I was before I left. So I'm waiting and 🙏🙏🙏 I hear good news about the claim.

I know somewhat how you are feeling 05fordgt 05fordgt . I have crohns and celiac disease. Apparently this is very rare. I go to the bathroom at least 5 times per day. Pre covid, I wouldnt eat till I got home so I could not have to go to the bathroom constantly. I dont want to be known as that guy in the office. The WFH since Covid has allowed for normal eating habits but theres a trade off. :lol:

I wish you all the best with your health!

Just bought an 03 silverado ss. My 3rd time owning one. This one is in great condition imo. I wanted a older whip that I can drive daily that serves a purpose and this was perfect. Just ordered some Forgiato 26s twisted maglia, and gonna drop it a few inches. And, gonna try to get it to about 500whp in the future...
20200822_103200.jpg
:pimp:

a good ol street truck.

You keeping it n/a or going with boost?

:pimp:

a good ol street truck.

You keeping it n/a or going with boost?
I'm still kinda scared to use boost. Gonna cam it and then throw a whipple on it most likely. A tune as well. It already has cai and an aftermarket exhaust

Any suggestions?

20200822_103200.jpg

Beautiful truck
Guessing its AWD? Either way if you plan do any power mods I'd upgrade the transmission first GM automatics are junk unless it's a 4l80e. Second if its Awd it came with a crappy 10 bolt differential ( Rwd version came with a stout 14 but similar to the tbss that can hold 8-900) that wont hold much more than 500 assuming you dont do hard launches constantly.

I went to look at a few before I purchased my tbss but couldnt get over the price for an extended cab. Wish they came in a 2 door version

Last edited:
I know somewhat how you are feeling 05fordgt 05fordgt . I have crohns and celiac disease. Apparently this is very rare. I go to the bathroom at least 5 times per day. Pre covid, I wouldnt eat till I got home so I could not have to go to the bathroom constantly. I dont want to be known as that guy in the office. The WFH since Covid has allowed for normal eating habits but theres a trade off. :lol:

I wish you all the best with your health!

Thanks buddy. And don't worry what anyone says in your office. I sure don't at my work. Everyone knows how sick I've been as I've been at the same dealer for over 23 years. If someone has something nasty to say, I don't need them in my life. I'll be cordial at work and that's it. I'd never tread anyone differently due to medical issues. I'd feel bad for them and help them any way I could in terms of workload, etc.

Yeah, Covid happened at the best time, as I'm also a liver transplant patient so I was hope during the height of the panic and spread. So being home with my wife while she works has been a blessing. My cooking skills have definitely improved 10 fold! 🙏🙏

Back
Top Bottom