\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My sister lookin at that new Aviator, its pretty sharp. same twin turbo 3.6 as in the explorer sport/f150s and what not and the interior on the mid models and up is the same as the Navi

problem is the MSRP goes from 50 to 75 so fast its crazy hah new cars are jus too much damn money

I’m on the Bronco6g forum and anybody that rsvp’s with Granger Ford in the month of Oct gets 2k below invoice.

I actually have two rsvps with Granger they started at $1k below invoice, then $1.3k with X Pin.

It seems some of the big dealers complained because people were moving there RSVP to Granger to take advantage of their deal. To appease the other dealers, Granger decided to offer customers willing to wait for late delivery (possibly MY22) 2k below invoice for RSVP made in Oct.

The forum has given them a comprehensive vetting. No dealer add ons, financing or anything extra. I don't see Granger, faulting on the deal. If they do I'm only in $100 (fully refundable) per RSVP.

My brother lives in Houston and found a dealer offering GT500s at MSRP in the midwest. Deals can be had if your will look outside your local area. I live in DC but Granger is in Iowa. Wife and I are really excited to go out there.

Sounds like you got your bases covered. That's good. I always sold Shelbys at list. Never marked up unless I had a customer who wanted one from another dealer and then he knew I had to pay list for one. Can't pay list and bring it in and sell for list. Before I left work I delivered my GT500 at list (it's an impressive car but I would NOT spend the money on it. There are other cars I'd rather buy. And I'm a Mustang geek). Same with my GT350 Heritage. MSRP. You get happy customers with that.

I will say, that if the dealer keeps broadcasting that he is selling below X-Plan price & still using the PIN that the customer supplies, Ford will come knocking with an audit. I've seen it at other stores.

I'm gonna sound like a pro dealer person, but so be it. I'm also a realist who sees the writing on the wall. A dealership, while it has its downsides, like plenty of bad salespeople. I NEVER talked to other salespeople at vehicle training events due to how they talked. Totally disgusted me. I was there to learn, which I'm a car guy, so I knew the stuff beforehand (I'd always get in the newest model and play around and drive it. My co workers, not so much), not brag about how much $$$ I made on people. But they have good sides too. Service will stand behind their customer if there is a problem with a vehicle and they need to go up the chain to get something fixed. Without a dealer, who helps? Look at Tesla. Love the cars, but those people who had the rear bumper come off in the rain, they were NOT going to warranty them. What? On a new car?!! Give me a break. Several angry tweets to Tesla and @ElonMusk isn't the way it needs to be.

Dealerships, are a business. And a business needs to make money. I'm not saying marking up things. I hate that. Was ALWAYS against it. Fought it for all the deals I did recently since we got bought out several years ago. Luckily all the Shelbys they agreed with me to sell at list. But a whole lot of others mark them up ($135,000 for a GT500 CFTP "golden ticket" car? Hell NO!! Give me a Cayman GT4 all day for less. Better build quality and overall better drivers car). But if I were working, I'm sure we would discount the Broncos. Not to invoice, but I'm sure a few hundred over. That's a fair number that gives the dealer something up front.

New car sales are a losing battle. No money on the deal itself with all this "race to the bottom" pricing. All $$$ is from financing and aftermarket things. Used, is crazy right now due to Covid, but even those, you can only price them with what others are pricing their similar models to. Service is where dealerships make their money. Holdback is there, but it's shrinking every year.

The Mach-E? There is no spread (MSRP to invoice). The number is the same. Was this way on the Ford GT. There was no invoice. The price was the price. And I don't even know how they are paying salespeople on them. Probably a $150 mini. Gotta sell a crap ton of cars to make anything decent. And to do that, gotta work 50-60 hours a week. I couldn't do it anymore with my illness.

The stress, the occasional irate customer who won't accept a small discount on a used car and expects "several thousands" more off an already $1,500 discounted model. On top of that, with Covid, I'm going to barely see my wife each day as hours are basically bell to bell due to customers constantly coming in? And being a transplant patient, I'd always have the fear in the back of my mind, has this customer been in contact with anyone with C19? If I catch it, I'll be the one ending up in a hospital. It wasn't worth it any more. Just wasn't. And I'm a car junkie. Love cars, and I love my good customers who watched me "grow up" at the store from when I started at 20 yrs old to now at 43 (when I left). They always checked in on me and how I was feeling. I'll miss that. But the overall industry at a normal brand dealership? NOPE!! Things aren't the same anymore.

Will dealerships eventually go away? I don't think so. Too many laws that would need to be overturned. The old thought was that dealers would be "test drive" centers where you can drive and see colors. Only Tesla has done it, and rather successfully. But I don't see it happening for others. I just don't. Only time will tell. Thanks for listening everyone. 🙏 Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Dealerships will never go away, that's for sure.

The biggest issue with me is the BS fees they try to add in (doc fee), I was always taught to negotiate and get rid of the fees asap. I was looking at a car on a site similar to Caravana, that wanted a $1,000 fee to basically help them keep their website running, like WTF :lol:

I would say most people have positive experiences when it comes to dealership and probably one negative one, the problem is that one sticks out the most.

yall see that new toyota venza?
32k msrp and comes with hybrid awd plus safety **** standard
kinda wanna cop for my chick :wow:

1603902266226.png

1603902290638.png

I’m on the Bronco6g forum and anybody that rsvp’s with Granger Ford in the month of Oct gets 2k below invoice.

I actually have two rsvps with Granger they started at $1k below invoice, then $1.3k with X Pin.

It seems some of the big dealers complained because people were moving there RSVP to Granger to take advantage of their deal. To appease the other dealers, Granger decided to offer customers willing to wait for late delivery (possibly MY22) 2k below invoice for RSVP made in Oct.

The forum has given them a comprehensive vetting. No dealer add ons, financing or anything extra. I don't see Granger, faulting on the deal. If they do I'm only in $100 (fully refundable) per RSVP.

My brother lives in Houston and found a dealer offering GT500s at MSRP in the midwest. Deals can be had if your will look outside your local area. I live in DC but Granger is in Iowa. Wife and I are really excited to go out there.

The best car deals are in those flyover states or pretty much anywhere rural/agrarian

Deals can be had. Just buy a one way plane ticket and drive the car home. Did that before

20201028_092448.jpg

Brand new fuel system for the chevelle
Cant wait for the standalone to be done 1000rwhp coming soon
Also had time to test out the foxbody coupe
Screenshot_20200910-100433_OfferUp.jpg

godd damn papi i like that

what kinda drivetrain is in the chevelle?
one piece driveshaft? 9 inch?
im curious how its getting power down
FCA needs to bring the viper back
yass so prices can dip
that corvette doesnt bode well for viper sales tho i would believe

yall see that new toyota venza?
32k msrp and comes with hybrid awd plus safety **** standard
kinda wanna cop for my chick :wow:

1603902266226.png

1603902290638.png

Used to have a first gen Venza. Was a nice car, comfy as **** with ton of room and cargo. Only thing I wish were different were better steering feel (was numb af) and a better sound system.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to browse eBay and you could find used NSXs for 30K or less all day long :lol:

The NSX bubble started a good 7 years ago. Hasn't burst yet. Amazing how much they are going for.

This comparison above is seriously flawed. While this NSX above is in all eyes a perfect car to get, drive and not loose too much value as long as the miles are added semi sparingly, the 575M is NOT a manual, like the NSX. It's an F1 auto. And back then, the F1 was complete ****!! Not fun, jerky in traffic, and more costly to maintain. That's why the NSX did more money. Had the 575 been a manual, the price would have been much much higher. Like over $200K as a reserve.

While I love both, and would love an NSX (sadly the ship has sailed for reasonable ones. I'll stick to dreaming of a Lotus Elise or Evora) the car person in me could not and would not pass on a Ferrari IF it was a manual. Just think of this scenario. When someone asks you what type of car you have, and you say I have an Acura (not saying the model, NSX) , they will reply with something like "which one, the MDX" or, " really, so does my (insert random relative). Most won't even think of the Gen1 NSX.

Take the same scenario, and tell them you have a Ferrari, the reply will be one like this, "seriously?!!! Is it here? Can I see it? Can I go for a ride in it?". Much different cache to the normal person. Not that his is the most important thing, but it's like choosing between a R8 V10 or Gallardo. Mechanically the same car, motor and chassis (trans is different though) I'd take the Gallardo solely for the looks and badge. In the case of the two cars above, I'd take either, knowing the NSX will cost loads less to maintain. But that V12, at full song...amazing!!!

Last edited:
Got roped in to going to a dumbass “haunted house” but it was a drive thru one cause of Covid... I’m hella hot rn

16E566C3-4CD7-48A7-9C13-A88EDAC2CD33.jpeg 865E7DE0-3FE5-4D12-B8B3-62A67B2C02F5.jpeg
gonna have hella scratches on the ceramic coat for sure smh. They had these stupid strips hanging from the ceiling like a car wash so you couldn’t see the **** popping out at the car in front of you at certain spots. That + mist + fairgrounds dirt= sandpaper. I wouldn’t be mad if it was scratched from doing raptor things but that **** was seriously wack af

47F8CB15-57C7-4733-A02D-EF97EE93AE3D.jpeg

rented an e46 m3 for the week while in FL. first time driving one with the SMG

man that **** is trash....

a fun car though. still wouldn’t mind one for the low

Back
Top Bottom