\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Had a local young guy who does detailing (he's VERY GOOD) and photography (also excellent with good equipment) sent my wife & I am invite for a photo shoot down at the Philly Naval Yards. Such a fun day with some cool shots of his buddy's MP4-12C Mclaren with an aircraft carrier in the background.
PXL_20201129_194859190.jpg
PXL_20201129_200135643.jpg
PXL_20201129_195747246.jpg
PXL_20201129_203249816.jpg

It's very strange. So many people have asked my wife and I if the car is new. Guess people think the design still looks fresh for a 2009. Fun ride down the Blue Route to 95N. Very relaxing surprisingly.
Love the pics. What aircraft carrier is that?

Interior isn't as bad as the 08-14 ones imo. The 15-present have a much better gauge cluster, nicer soft touch materials. The peanut butter interior looks pretty with the leather stitching & the t bar shifter has a nice feel to it. SRTs have the laguna leather which is nice & plush. There is still a lot of hard touch plastic in the interior but hey, it's an American car after all. Interior isn't the focus on these cars anyway, never was & doubt it'll get anymore focus in the future. The refresh in 2015 helped a lot imo. Fancy sexy interiors has always been a German strong point. People complain about their interiors but it's a muscle car not some fine tuned luxury car that it should have a refined interior that rivals Benz & Beemers. Interiors of muscle cars from the 60s & 70s were plain, simple & functional & that's what they are today with modern amenities & touches

Oh youre absolutely correct. Still doesnt mean they cant fix it up and update it. It doesnt have to be Benz-like but cant just be the fact its a muscle car means the interior has to be sub par (design wise, materials, etc).

I love basic american interior controls
Three knobs for climate control
A button or two for seat warmers and thats it

i hate the bmw console with a million switches
Bro, facts! Simplicity is how I like it too. I always thought Camaro interiors were nice & the most straight to the point. Like you said about the million switches..it can be confusing. It's hilarious to me when I watch motorweek videos especially the older ones, everytime John Davis reviews the interior he'll say things like too many buttons & switches to deal with, it should be condensed. Than while reviewing newer cars he gets just that a touchscreen or little to no buttons and then says they should go back to having some greater amounts of buttons and switches for the interior. The comments mirror his POV on that & it's like the public can never make up its mind how many or how few buttons and switches they want.

Oh youre absolutely correct. Still doesnt mean they cant fix it up and update it. It doesnt have to be Benz-like but cant just be the fact its a muscle car means the interior has to be sub par (design wise, materials, etc).
Yeah you make a good point. They're going for like north of 80 grand now so for sure they can do some upgrades & improvements for the $ they're charging. They can make the dashboard a bit softer to the touch and also add in the auto up feature for the windows. They have auto down but not auto up for some odd reason. Can't have everything I guess lol

Yeah, no. Porsche builds some of the best cars on the planet and the GT3 is arguably the best sports car of the decade. Anyone who disagrees hasn’t driven one or is just trying to be a contrarian.
I've driven them(not the GT3) , and I'm not trying to be a contrarian. One can argue the Performante is just as good performance wise and smokes the GT3 looks wise. Porsche can't touch the sound of a Ferrari V8 or a Lambo V10/V12 either.

Most of their models look like a Volkswagen Beetle to me, to be honest. Nothing about them really excites me whatsoever, just seems like the "safe" borderline exotic every older doctor or dentist I know buys.

I've driven them(not the GT3) , and I'm not trying to be a contrarian. One can argue the Performante is just as good performance wise and smokes the GT3 looks wise. Porsche can't touch the sound of a Ferrari V8 or a Lambo V10/V12 either.

Most of their models look like a Volkswagen Beetle to me, to be honest. Nothing about them really excites me whatsoever, just seems like the "safe" borderline exotic every older doctor or dentist I know buys.

Just admit it man, Porsche just doesnt have enough of a stunt factor for your taste. :lol: Nothing wrong with that though.

Just admit it man, Porsche just doesnt have enough of a stunt factor for your taste. :lol: Nothing wrong with that though.
These are all expensive machines, if it's about stunting you can buy a Wraith or a McLaren with butterfly doors. I'm strictly talking about the excitement that comes with owning and driving these cars, and I'm not excited by Porsche's sound, looks, nor street driving thrill. I'm sure if you push a Porsche to the limits on a track it will perform, I will never deny that the 911 can be surgical (drove a Turbo). But compared to say a 458 or Gallardo/Huracan esp 580 it feels boring.

Been debating this for a few weeks now...just keep going back n forth, want to cop a G-Body and possibly sell my Mustang (or just have both lol)
Curious what some of yall would do..

86/87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe, range is roughly 10-15k or same years Grand National only thing is they're about double the price for a decent mileage/condition
I like both equally...just having a hard time swaying either way :smh: :lol:

Been debating this for a few weeks now...just keep going back n forth, want to cop a G-Body and possibly sell my Mustang (or just have both lol)
Curious what some of yall would do..

86/87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe, range is roughly 10-15k or same years Grand National only thing is they're about double the price for a decent mileage/condition
I like both equally...just having a hard time swaying either way :smh: :lol:
I like your mustang a lot, instead of possibly regretting getting rid of it just get both. I've been thinking of going the other way selling my Monte Carlo and getting a Fox body

Its brand new, but does it matter? The designs like 6 years old bruv.

CHALLENGERS AS A WHOLE ARE OUTDATED. IDK WHY DODGE REFUSES TO DO A TOTAL OVERHAUL ON THEM.

THATS WHY IM A CHARGER GUY. IVE HAD 2 OF THE LAST 3 BODYSTYLE CHARGERS. THEY JUST LOOK BETTER THAN CHALLENGERS.

These are all expensive machines, if it's about stunting you can buy a Wraith or a McLaren with butterfly doors. I'm strictly talking about the excitement that comes with owning and driving these cars, and I'm not excited by Porsche's sound, looks, nor street driving thrill. I'm sure if you push a Porsche to the limits on a track it will perform, I will never deny that the 911 can be surgical (drove a Turbo). But compared to say a 458 or Gallardo/Huracan esp 580 it feels boring.
Obviously I’m biased but the fact that you are comparing a Porsche to cars with 100+ more horsepower and twice the price speaks for itself.

You're just not a Porsche guy and thats ok... It doesn't make your opinion garbage or anything.

IMHO Lambo/Ferrari are the exotic the average person automatically thinks of and they know it... which is why quality had gone down. Porsche just seems the more driver focused and quality built option more than anything... which is why they haven't changed the 911's overall style.

Every car you named has quailty issues and some are more expensive, not saying Porsche is perfect... but issues seem to out number the 911.

Porsche in general overrated from the ones I've driven (Panamera/911/Boxster). Haven't liked their models since the 90s and Carrera GT. Looks wise is subjective, but never moved the needle to me, esp for models in the 175k+ range.
Lambo/Ferrari, hell even an R8 any day over them.

I'm sorry, but I gotta disagree a little on Porsches. When the Pamamera 1st released, and everyone was saying how ugly it was, I wanted to see one in person myself. So my now-wife (we were dating at the time) went down to the local county club in Conshohocken. The Porsche store was having a reveal and test drive event. I only went to see one in person. The one salesperson there, when I asked "how was it", asked for my license. I told him, buddy, this is an easy over $100K car, I can't afford it. He said, and I'm not kidding, I'm here for 3 more hours, let's go for a ride, lol. Sure! So we all went in a Panamera S. Holy crap that car was fast! I was utterly floored how well it handled, how the PDK worked and how the exhaust went with the dual mode switch. Woke the car up. He told me to basically thrash it. I was sold.

Now that said, I remember vividly, we traded a base 996-911 back years ago. I was tasked with taking it to the local dealer to have them buy it. This was a base tiptronic car. No frills. God that was awful! So boring. Probably due to being a non-S and a tip. But again that was a stripped base car with loads of milesm

But today, when someone asked me, how I liked the new GT500, I was totally honest with them. If it's a full golden ticket CFTP car with painted stripes (about $105K +), ad the inevitable dealer ADM (+$20k on average but I've seen more), it wasn't worth the $$$. For $100K and a new car, I'd take a new 718 Cayman GT4. THAT is a sports car. Sure, it's nowhere near the power, but the handling on that car is incredible and you have the value of the brand which will not lose much over time and the build quality is fantastic as are the materials.

I say this as a HUGE Mustang fan. I love my 2006 Mustang GT. But I'm also a realist. And when you put a Mustang into the $100K price bracket, it opens up a whole lot more choices for the buyer. And Porsche is one of those brands that people aspire to own. Look at the current GT3/RS models. They are routinely selling for more than their MSRP on the used avenue for low mileage cars. The local dealer near me constantly has late model RS models with a few thousand miles. Prices are more than their at new MSRP. Can't do that with a lot of other cars.

Yes, they kinda all look similar in terms of silhouette, but some of their cars are darn impressive. I love the GT4 and would love a blue one from the previous gen or a PTS color if I had the means to spec order a new one.

Love the pics. What aircraft carrier is that?

I'm not quite sure. The one guy taking shots said that it was a decomissioned carrier that they were disassembling. It's quite amazing how large they are in person. You watch movies with an aircraft carrier and you really can't get the true sense of scale. I would LOVE to walk through it. Just once.

Those Mp4’s sound nice in person. Gallardo def looks dated now, especially next to Huracans. Still a handsome vehicle.

It's funny, as a lot of people actually like the angular front of the LP vs the more soft curves of the Huracan 610. The nose of the 09-14 LP G was the design language Lamborghini used for the Aventador (find a 2012 Aventador pic and see the front. It's basically similar). The new Sian will be the new language for the Aventador replacement most likely or that and a mix of the Huracan Evo and maybe the STO.

She liked the Huracan but she wanted that more raw visceral old-school lamborghini feel of the LP. A lot less "techy" feeling as more than a few have said the Huracan feels very Audi-like with all the computers, where as the single disc E-Gear of the LP is more old-school Lamborghini. A car that you have to pay attention to drive properly (there are steps to do things right, like the E-Gear transmission).

You need to go to your local Cars & Coffee and listen to a few GT3 models with full exhaust. A friend of ours has a new GT3 in black. When he leaves the show...MY GOD!! Sounds like a damn race car! It's so loud, and a good loud! Not just noise, like some cars that are there.

Yeah, the V10 & V12s sound amazing. I can't wait till she gets an exhaust on the LP (a Capristo sometime next year) but after hearing a few GT3 and GT3 RS with full systems, I'm sold! For a flat six, it's amazing to get them to sound like that.

Back
Top Bottom