\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

You need to go to your local Cars & Coffee and listen to a few GT3 models with full exhaust. A friend of ours has a new GT3 in black. When he leaves the show...MY GOD!! Sounds like a damn race car! It's so loud, and a good loud! Not just noise, like some cars that are there.

Yeah, the V10 & V12s sound amazing. I can't wait till she gets an exhaust on the LP (a Capristo sometime next year) but after hearing a few GT3 and GT3 RS with full systems, I'm sold! For a flat six, it's amazing to get them to sound like that.

My GT3RS has catless headers and side muffler deletes and I'll put the sound up against any modern car.

One thing I've learned over the years, and this is where my contrarian comment comes from, is that no one who's actually driven these cars properly will have anything overwhelmingly bad to say about them. They are literally the gold standard in terms of sport cars. Name another manufacturer offering a 500hp+ sports car with a naturally aspirated engine and a manual transmission in 2020. You can't.

Been debating this for a few weeks now...just keep going back n forth, want to cop a G-Body and possibly sell my Mustang (or just have both lol)
Curious what some of yall would do..

86/87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe, range is roughly 10-15k or same years Grand National only thing is they're about double the price for a decent mileage/condition
I like both equally...just having a hard time swaying either way :smh: :lol:
Theres an illusion going on in the bay rn with what's going on in the car scene imo.
Anything thats rwd is being taxed like a mf right now. GN are going for 25+ in the bay but you can take a road trip out of state and get one for 15. Same with aero and foxbody coupes I see immaculate version if them for 5-8k.

16-1.jpg

Would love to buy one of these and throw in a ls or lt :pimp:

These are all expensive machines, if it's about stunting you can buy a Wraith or a McLaren with butterfly doors. I'm strictly talking about the excitement that comes with owning and driving these cars, and I'm not excited by Porsche's sound, looks, nor street driving thrill. I'm sure if you push a Porsche to the limits on a track it will perform, I will never deny that the 911 can be surgical (drove a Turbo). But compared to say a 458 or Gallardo/Huracan esp 580 it feels boring.

IMO this is where the Porsche shines. All these listed vehicles are great but I would not want to drive a 458 or Huracan EVERYDAY. Most of those cars are weekend cars. Where as the Porsche can be a daily driver but can be opened up whenever needed. And if you really want that full super car experience, drive the GT3RS.

Last edited:
IMO this is where the Porsche shines. All these listed vehicles are great but I would not want to drive a 458 or Huracan EVERYDAY. Most of those cars are weekend cars. Where as the Porsche can be a daily driver but can be opened up whenever needed. And if you really want that full super car experience, drive the GT3RS.
Exactly. A 911 turbo s is an everyday super car. Discreet enough for most people not to look twice. Comfortable and quiet enough to have a Bluetooth convo on the high in comfort mode. Enough of a beast to pull your eyes through the back of your skull on a highway on ramp. Faster than 99.9% of other daily drivers. Unlike other companies, porsches love to be driven.

It's funny, as a lot of people actually like the angular front of the LP vs the more soft curves of the Huracan 610. The nose of the 09-14 LP G was the design language Lamborghini used for the Aventador (find a 2012 Aventador pic and see the front. It's basically similar). The new Sian will be the new language for the Aventador replacement most likely or that and a mix of the Huracan Evo and maybe the STO.

She liked the Huracan but she wanted that more raw visceral old-school lamborghini feel of the LP. A lot less "techy" feeling as more than a few have said the Huracan feels very Audi-like with all the computers, where as the single disc E-Gear of the LP is more old-school Lamborghini. A car that you have to pay attention to drive properly (there are steps to do things right, like the E-Gear transmission).

Huracan softer curves? Idk about that, front end of the Huracan looks plenty aggressive.

These are all expensive machines, if it's about stunting you can buy a Wraith or a McLaren with butterfly doors. I'm strictly talking about the excitement that comes with owning and driving these cars, and I'm not excited by Porsche's sound, looks, nor street driving thrill. I'm sure if you push a Porsche to the limits on a track it will perform, I will never deny that the 911 can be surgical (drove a Turbo). But compared to say a 458 or Gallardo/Huracan esp 580 it feels boring.

Sound and street driving thrill? I mean shoot, sound ok Huracans are ridiculous but driving wise a GT3 will be up there. 570/720’s are pretty much in line with Huracans, Pista’s and Aventadors but 9/1 times a Huracan will gather more attention still.

CHALLENGERS AS A WHOLE ARE OUTDATED. IDK WHY DODGE REFUSES TO DO A TOTAL OVERHAUL ON THEM.

THATS WHY IM A CHARGER GUY. IVE HAD 2 OF THE LAST 3 BODYSTYLE CHARGERS. THEY JUST LOOK BETTER THAN CHALLENGERS.

Chargers have the same interior. :lol: Im talking strictly interiors. Exterior wise im a huge fan of both the Charger and Chally, leaning more on the Chally.

Sound and street driving thrill? I mean shoot, sound ok Huracans are ridiculous but driving wise a GT3 will be up there. 570/720’s are pretty much in line with Huracans, Pista’s and Aventadors but 9/1 times a Huracan will gather more attention still.

All these cars, GT3 included, suck on the street. But that's another argument for another day.

All these cars, GT3 included, suck on the street. But that's another argument for another day.

I get it, GT3 is a track car and none of these cars will ever drive to their potential on the street but you know what I mean by the experience of street driving with these.

D78C2ADB-0270-4290-9E05-F15939F04B1D.jpeg

went to check out the rs3 but they didn’t have any in stock and saw this and didn’t know TT RS looked so good in person.

The TT/RS is a great little car for the money. Quattro, 2.5 Turbo 5-cylinder and a great interior. Will be a collectible down the road since the TT is going away.

You could get 144 months on a rari lol

144 months through woodside credit on a Rari is what a lot of buyers do. If you’re getting a 2010 458 or Gallardo that’s already beyond the depreciation curve you can make 1k a month payments and sell it a few years in and chances are the car never even depreciated if you drove it moderately.

this is the main exotic car hack. Couple that with Montana LLC and you might even make money.

this isn’t something I’d advise on a brand new off the lot 812 superfast but there’s some applications where this tactic is genius.

Last edited:
Bro, facts! Simplicity is how I like it too. I always thought Camaro interiors were nice & the most straight to the point. Like you said about the million switches..it can be confusing. It's hilarious to me when I watch motorweek videos especially the older ones, everytime John Davis reviews the interior he'll say things like too many buttons & switches to deal with, it should be condensed. Than while reviewing newer cars he gets just that a touchscreen or little to no buttons and then says they should go back to having some greater amounts of buttons and switches for the interior. The comments mirror his POV on that & it's like the public can never make up its mind how many or how few buttons and switches they want.
Yo, I grew up on the GOAT car show, I love Motor Week.

My GT3RS has catless headers and side muffler deletes and I'll put the sound up against any modern car.

One thing I've learned over the years, and this is where my contrarian comment comes from, is that no one who's actually driven these cars properly will have anything overwhelmingly bad to say about them. They are literally the gold standard in terms of sport cars. Name another manufacturer offering a 500hp+ sports car with a naturally aspirated engine and a manual transmission in 2020. You can't.

My goodness I bet that sounds insane!! I feel your totally right on the driving. People never experienced them in their true settings. Even on nice spirited drives (not excessive speeds, but lots of corners) on a early Sunday on some twisty back roads will these cars shine!! I went for a ride in another friend's 997.1 GT3 back in 2015 took me out on the highway and floored it. GOD did that make me scared!! What a machine!!

144 months through woodside credit on a Rari is what a lot of buyers do. If you’re getting a 2010 458 or Gallardo that’s already beyond the depreciation curve you can make 1k a month payments and sell it a few years in and chances are the car never even depreciated if you drove it moderately.

this is the main exotic car hack. Couple that with Montana LLC and you might even make money.

Your definitely true on the Gallardo curve. The LP had really hit the bottom already and is slowly on the uptick. Get one at the right money and you won't get hurt at all. Probably sell it and break even or make money depending on how much you put into it (to add value to next owner). Just gotta find the right one that wasn't modded to hell! LOTS of UGR TT cars that would have been great drivers had they not been hacked up. 😞

Back
Top Bottom