\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I'm sure some have heard, but for those who haven't, the first, of I'm going to assume many more, major manufacturers have put the clock on all their light duty cars and trucks ICE engines. GM will stop selling internal combustion gas and diesel engines by 2035! Even the Corvette! Not surprised and they won't be alone.

I'm actually okay with this. Knew it was coming. I've been driving a plug-in Fusion Energi since 2017 (I leased my current one and my previous one). Actually love how I could drive to work on a full charge (which is only up to about 28 miles as it's a plug in hybrid, not a full blown electric, so minimum E-only range but over 600 miles on a tank charged and with the hybrid system.

Once this lease is up next year, I'll decide on what I want next. If Ford were to offer a plug-in Bronco or Bronco sport, or that new Fusion Active I'd be down. But the electric future for cars is coming and it's not going to be stopped. And with technology getting better every year, battery charging will eventually be as fast as it takes getting gas/diesel.
I told people in this thread this like a month ago and a few were at my neck talking about not in our lifetime. Lol. The ignorance

people really need to educate themselves on how disruptive EVs are about to be and how far ahead of the game tesla is.

stepdad just ordered a Model S Plaid last night!

This is what I've been trying to tell people. People continue to claim hemi this, hemi that. Hemi here to stay. Not everyone likes driving a loud rumbling sports car on a daily basis. A lot of EV cars can even keep up with today's modern muscle cars too so most can fill in that void of speed if they want.

It's just a matter of time before the EV charging infrastructure is there and a bigger portion of the population migrate to EV. A lot of these companies will have to decide whether they continue to stick to V8-V10 gas guzzling production or limit it as a niche small production product. Car companies have to return big profits and the last thing they need is for the cars to sit on the lot unsold.

With battery tech improving almost yearly, it's going to get to the point that charging stations will be like current gas stations, everywhere. In time, charging will take as long as it does to fill up a current car with gas/diesel. The battery tech just keeps getting better and better. And once this happens, all those who have EV range anxiety, won't have to worry any more. It's coming.

I told people in this thread this like a month ago and a few were at my neck talking about not in our lifetime. Lol. The ignorance

people really need to educate themselves on how disruptive EVs are about to be and how far ahead of the game tesla is.

Those that ignore EV and outright deny the future of transportation will just be left behind.

7BC6BB50-9CF6-4E98-9E51-0C4655CF4104.jpeg

Well I got a call from my wife saying the tires fell off the rim and I thought she was exaggerating. Nope!
godddammnn i would be iraate af, thats ur wife man. you should not have to deal with that bs
I got no problem with electric vehicles. They can be dumb fast.

it just has to make sense. I’m not getting one that can only go 200 miles in range.

eh rather be dumb fast in a gasser
Wont buy electric untill I absolutely have no choice to.
fixed
It's downright stupid to not be interested in owning EV's. I commute 80 miles a day. Went from a Panamera Hybrid to 530e plug-in hybrid to fully electric Model X Raven, and i'll replace it with another EV when the time comes.

Can't imagine a world where I go back to filling up gas every 3 days and paying 60 bucks every time I do so.

With EV's and hybrids becoming more price accessible and in a wider variety, I hope that anyone who can afford it would give it a shot. At the very least for the performance, savings/deductions and if you're a decent human for the betterment of the planet.

It's also possible to own more than one car, if having a loud ridiculous sports car is your thing (it's mine).

It's not downright stupid, the beauty of the automobile means there are different strokes for different folks.

personally i dont like electric vehicles because i love taking spontaneous trips to different places in cali or neighboring states on a whim's notice. and it is so easy to spend 3 minutes to get 300-500 miles depending on the application. Plus i dont like the "stigma/culture" of the most tesla owners i know

Also the bolded logic makes no sense to me at all.

Yeah let me pay a premium price for a car like a tesla just so i dont have to spend money on gas??? :lol: fam gas is not that expensive :lol:
and if it is too expensive for a consumer why would they pay for a premium electric vehicle instead? is it economics or preference???

Trucks are cool, but unless I actually need a truck to do truck stuff it gets old quick.

eventually I will need another truck more than likely but I’m gonna have to have something fun to drive too.

nah i personally love driving trucks, not only do i feel safer i can pickup stuff whenever i need to , whether its a motorcycle, various parts, and knowing I can never say "nah it wont fit in the whip" is a nice feeling.

It's not downright stupid, the beauty of the automobile means there are different strokes for different folks.

personally i dont like electric vehicles because i love taking spontaneous trips to different places in cali or neighboring states on a whim's notice. and it is so easy to spend 3 minutes to get 300-500 miles depending on the application. Plus i dont like the "stigma/culture" of the most tesla owners i know

Also the bolded logic makes no sense to me at all.

Yeah let me pay a premium price for a car like a tesla just so i dont have to spend money on gas??? :lol: fam gas is not that expensive :lol:
and if it is too expensive for a consumer why would they pay for a premium electric vehicle instead? is it economics or preference???

I'm probably the only tesla owner I know that will knock Tesla. I don't care for the car much at all, it was the best at the time for my needs, I guess. The build quality is whatever. To be honest, I didn't even really want it, because I had the same mentality you do. I was completely fine with just a plug-in hybrid in case I had to head to Vegas. But my friend talked me into it cause it was a steal price demo model. Despite all it's faults, I'll never go back to a ICE vehicle for my daily driver and I have grown to appreciate it more than both my BMW and Panamera combined. But yes, do as you please, but until you actually own one and have experienced the benefits I can see why it's hard to truly appreciate. And i'm saying this from a position of "F*CK I might lemon this POS and get my money back" because the build quality is that terrible.

Since I always post my car wash pics, here's my most recent:

IMG_0863.jpeg

My bro got an e-tron back in October, crazy deal too. Like from 82k MSRP down to 59k off the lot. I can prob help answer some questions if you have any.
No questions here. I ended up with the cayenne instead. While it was a nice car overall the charging network wasn’t very impressive and I had some concerns about the range. They’re basically giving them away though. They offered me 10% off without even negotiating. Throw in the federal tax credit and it was a great value. In the end my wife preferred the cayenne so that’s what I went with.

I'm probably the only tesla owner I know that will knock Tesla. I don't care for the car much at all, it was the best at the time for my needs, I guess. The build quality is whatever. To be honest, I didn't even really want it, because I had the same mentality you do. I was completely fine with just a plug-in hybrid in case I had to head to Vegas. But my friend talked me into it cause it was a steal price demo model. Despite all it's faults, I'll never go back to a ICE vehicle for my daily driver and I have grown to appreciate it more than both my BMW and Panamera combined. But yes, do as you please, but until you actually own one and have experienced the benefits I can see why it's hard to truly appreciate. And i'm saying this from a position of "F*CK I might lemon this POS and get my money back" because the build quality is that terrible.

Since I always post my car wash pics, here's my most recent:

IMG_0863.jpeg
And thats what its about if it works for you, perfect.

I don't like elon either which is why i sh** on tesla alot :lol:

left behind where? you cant force the whole planet to buy electric cars when their 2000 civic runs fine and gets them to work
This is a great point. Maybe when I'm old & grey I'll get me an EV, but no matter how promising the tech & range gets I'll always keep my gas powered vehicles. Undeniably the future of auto is EV but gas isn't so expensive to not keep gas powered cars on the road. It's all preference I believe. Manufacturers will continue releasing EV after EV but not everyone in the world wants/needs/prefers or wants to convert to an EV. If I'm taking care of my cars doing the scheduled maintenance on em why would I need to make the switch? MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain makes a valid point too that gas is relatively cheap + who wants to pay that premium on the EV just so they can save 40-70 bucks a week on gas. To each their own

He just seems like a Joe Rogan type dude to me.
All hail leader Elon.

And sure, I definitely have no problem with people driving what they think is best, but the fragile masculinity thing is annoying.
for sure!! dude i have some family members who own teslas and the go ahead and invest in tesla and at family gatherings they just talk about how much of a genius elon is :lol:

I been thinking of next whips i think i might start looking for an f150 with the massaging seats, used one as a rental and it was an amazing daily + super nice for long trips

I work in Oil and Gas and have two EVs. It’s...not...happening :lol:. Your kids or kids kids will enjoy that benefit. Gas stations being the new EV stations and all that etc. that’s when you’ll be forced to go EV. your talking about just the cars when the infrastructure is the most important thing. Really nobody knows. Relax :lol:

I work in Oil and Gas and have two EVs. It’s...not...happening :lol:. Your kids or kids kids will enjoy that benefit. Gas stations being the new EV stations and all that etc. that’s when you’ll be forced to go EV. your talking about just the cars when the infrastructure is the most important thing. Really nobody knows. Relax :lol:
Im not saying every US citizen will be forced to go EV by xxxx. But that will likely be in our lifetime too

But by 2030 the majority of new cars purchased will be EV.

After talking with my salesman and service advisor they are going to come tow it to the dealership, order a new tire, so recalls etc etc . They are going to have it for the week so I asked my salesman if he could hook me up with a RS Q8 ( they have one as a demo) he laughed and said probably not.

He is letting me take an SQ8 so I am curious to see how it feels vs awestic tuned Q8
Update on this, what u think about the sq8? My dealer has an r8 spyder they loan out sometimes :lol:

Update on this, what u think about the sq8? My dealer has an r8 spyder they loan out sometimes :lol:
They are dropping the SQ8 and picking up my car between 9am-10am today so I will report back tonight .

my salesman txt me last night and said “ look what I just got in today, bring this back home when you return the SQ8 and see if your wife notices the difference lol”. I replied with “ my bank account will be the very first to notice the difference “

03E76AD1-5FB8-480C-A40F-8322BB6D562E.jpeg

9CB25D15-291C-41E9-BDFA-174E34D8083D.jpeg

Those Audis are prob my favorite SUV out right now
We drove EVERYTHING and what sold us on the Audi first and foremost was the interior space. It had much much more interior then a Range Rover or X5/X6 . Lastly and turning out to be the most important is the service . I have owned luxury vehicles before but never got the level of service I get from Audi. It really is trouble free.

They are dropping the SQ8 and picking up my car between 9am-10am today so I will report back tonight .

my salesman txt me last night and said “ look what I just got in today, bring this back home when you return the SQ8 and see if your wife notices the difference lol”. I replied with “ my bank account will be the very first to notice the difference “

03E76AD1-5FB8-480C-A40F-8322BB6D562E.jpeg

9CB25D15-291C-41E9-BDFA-174E34D8083D.jpeg
Looking forward to hearing your feedback. Drove an sq7 but haven’t seen a sq8 yet. Next car will more than likely be one of them or x5 m50i

How can we properly do EV adoption without the proper infrastructure? What about the millions of Americans who don't have a garage, have to street park, or live in an apartment? How are they going to reliably and safely charge their vehicles?

But eventually, the EV takeover will be complete. I believe by then the ICE car will be like the automatic watch. As they say, instant potatoes didn't kill regular potatoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom