\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Picked up my paid rental during my lunch break. 2021 Nissan Versa. 122 roaring ponies :pimp: lol
20210705_132309.jpg
20210705_132252.jpg
I drove either a 2010 or 2011 Versa Hatchback in a 2010 or 2011 week in Orlando I just don't remember the exact year for the car or the trip. I do remember that everything about the car was so weak that it was almost a bit scary to drive in heavy traffic conditions, think I was still driving a 2006 4 cylinder Honda Accord at the time so not like I was used to a big powerful car/tank. I Do remember seeing Versas before that & wondering why they weren't moar popular & well lesson learned.

Last edited:
I drove either a 2010 or 2011 Versa Hatchback in a 2010 or 2011 week in Orlando I just don't remember the exact year for the car or the trip. I do remember that everything about the car was so weak that it was almost a bit scary to drive in heavy traffic conditions, think I was still driving a 2006 4 cylinder Honda Accord at the time so not like I was used to a big powerful car/tank. I Do remember seeing Versas before that & wondering why they weren't moar popular & well lesson learned.
Took a 14 hour drive in a Sentra last year.

It was actually scary how slow the car was especially driving in states with higher speed limits

Took a 14 hour drive in a Sentra last year.

It was actually scary how slow the car was especially driving in states with higher speed limits
yeah the Versa just felt poorly put together too, very noisy. door panels felt loose, was just a rental but well that thing was really a piece of junk. a lil surprised that they still sell stuff like that in the relatively modern era if 2010-2011 is modern, I'd subjectively say that it is.

Looking for advice. Is buying brand new still a bad idea if I plan on keeping the car til it's not worth fixing? I know used prices are crazy right now, but this wouldn't be til next year anyway.

It is a tad scary slow for sure. I do like how it's bit bigger than the previous gen Versas. Trunks got an ample amount of space. Lol I think they're more popular present day given it's commuter car dna. Thing averages 35mpg which is great. Brand new MSRP is like 14k, so not too shabby. I had the pedal floored for like 10 seconds & it barely got to 45mph. All the while sounding like a high revving lawn mower lol.

Looking for advice. Is buying brand new still a bad idea if I plan on keeping the car til it's not worth fixing? I know used prices are crazy right now, but this wouldn't be til next year anyway.

Who knows what the market will be like next year. I don't see how it can be a bad idea to cop a new car that you plan to keep until the wheels fall off. Keep searching until you get a great deal.

I'd say it's a great idea if the #'s work in your favor or at least come somewhat close in your favor. Sounds like you're making the purchase for longhaul so be patient & look for the right deal & take it from there. The market will be diff next year I'm sure. People tend to rush buy so that allows the dealers to ask these absurd prices. Kia Tellurides are going for above sticker @ 73k+ 😳😱😱

Who knows what the market will be like next year. I don't see how it can be a bad idea to cop a new car that you plan to keep until the wheels fall off. Keep searching until you get a great deal.
I'd say it's a great idea if the #'s work in your favor or at least come somewhat close in your favor. Sounds like you're making the purchase for longhaul so be patient & look for the right deal & take it from there. The market will be diff next year I'm sure. People tend to rush buy so that allows the dealers to ask these absurd prices. Kia Tellurides are going for above sticker @ 73k+ 😳😱😱
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I just hit 200k miles in my car the other day. Engine and transmission still run completely fine but my ac broke last year and I was told a couple months ago while getting new tires that my frame is extremely rusty. I live in PA and they do inspections here, so I'm not sure how rusty a frame needs to be before it wouldn't pass inspection. Just trying to stay ahead of things

It is a tad scary slow for sure. I do like how it's bit bigger than the previous gen Versas. Trunks got an ample amount of space. Lol I think they're more popular present day given it's commuter car dna. Thing averages 35mpg which is great. Brand new MSRP is like 14k, so not too shabby. I had the pedal floored for like 10 seconds & it barely got to 45mph. All the while sounding like a high revving lawn mower lol.

Mans just doesnt wanna drive his hemi. :lol:

Insurance got you with the rental? I mean since its free (?) why not right.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I just hit 200k miles in my car the other day. Engine and transmission still run completely fine but my ac broke last year and I was told a couple months ago while getting new tires that my frame is extremely rusty. I live in PA and they do inspections here, so I'm not sure how rusty a frame needs to be before it wouldn't pass inspection. Just trying to stay ahead of things
200k? Nice! What car? Maybe your AC just needs a recharge? They actually check levels of rust during inspection time in PA? That's pretty hardcore. Find a guy that is somewhat lenient if you can. And def staying ahead of things is a great idea. Better than being stuck in a ****** situation when something major mechanically breaks

Mans just doesnt wanna drive his hemi. :lol:

Insurance got you with the rental? I mean since its free (?) why not right.
I actually did drive the Hemi to pick up the rental & my brother drove it back. Put 5 whole miles on it :lol:. Yup, Geico is paying for it. And exactly when it's free why the heck not? Lol. I have it till Fri 5:30. I get my $300 security deposit hold refunded & the only thing I pay for is the optional $9 insurance coverage. Opted to get it godforbid some happens, 1 insurance headache is more than enough
hes not about that boat life :frown:
Actually I'm all about that boat life lol

So Geico gave me $1,650 for my Maxima...that's $1,600 more than I expected to get :rofl: . I told em I don't want it junked or towed so I had to "buy it back" from them for $250. So in all after the buy back I got $1,400, should be getting the check in the mail in 5-7 days. Now I'm on the hunt for a decent donor car that I can swap some panels from

My only thing with PURCHASING a newer car is, by the time you pay it off or often before, there next generation will already be available….

So if you plan on buying, make sure you buy THE ONE you want and plan on sticking with….nothing like buying a new car and then liking the newest model better than the one your stuck financing.

obviously there are ways out if your loan, but quite a hassle.

just be 100% sure the model you want is the you’ll stick with.

If you have already considered this, than disregard

🤙

My only thing with PURCHASING a newer car is, by the time you pay it off or often before, there next generation will already be available….

So if you plan on buying, make sure you buy THE ONE you want and plan on sticking with….nothing like buying a new car and then liking the newest model better than the one your stuck financing.

obviously there are ways out if your loan, but quite a hassle.

just be 100% sure the model you want is the you’ll stick with.

If you have already considered this, than disregard

🤙
Great advice

hey what ever happened with your model X? I remember you saying it was a lemon, and you were gonna get rid of it…I think. I’m curious because I’m going to test drive a couple Teslas today.

Well I still have the car, and just paid my registration for it a week ago. ($865 Ouch). Apparently the lemon law requires a 4th failure and I’ve had 3 of the same. I could technically bring it in anytime because the issue is still somewhat happening.

since I posted that, two of my friends got Taycans and they’re super dope. Drives better than my Tesla by far. Do I want one? yes. Would it replace my Tesla? No.

My commute is 70 miles round trip and full self driving is a must for me. It’s a game changer. So if I were to lemon the Tesla I’d be stuck between getting a Taycan or just getting another Model X, it’s a tough decision. Autopilot is more important to me than I thought.

if I did get the Taycan though I would opt for the cross turismo model, I feel like the standard ones will be everywhere in a year.

Which Tesla are you interested in?

8265B795-E588-4895-A3E4-077810307AE4.jpeg

94DB0502-BD52-4EAD-8B24-FE952F201635.jpeg

Well I still have the car, and just paid my registration for it a week ago. ($865 Ouch). Apparently the lemon law requires a 4th failure and I’ve had 3 of the same. I could technically bring it in anytime because the issue is still somewhat happening.

since I posted that, two of my friends got Taycans and they’re super dope. Drives better than my Tesla by far. Do I want one? yes. Would it replace my Tesla? No.

My commute is 70 miles round trip and full self driving is a must for me. It’s a game changer. So if I were to lemon the Tesla I’d be stuck between getting a Taycan or just getting another Model X, it’s a tough decision. Autopilot is more important to me than I thought.

if I did get the Taycan though I would opt for the cross turismo model, I feel like the standard ones will be everywhere in a year.

Which Tesla are you interested in?

8265B795-E588-4895-A3E4-077810307AE4.jpeg

94DB0502-BD52-4EAD-8B24-FE952F201635.jpeg

Whats been happening to the X? Rented one in LA, had charging issues but thats probably our dumbasses. The first time we went to a supercharger I did it, no issues. 2nd time, it woudnt plug in and accept the charger. Took like 20 mon and asking other Tesla owners in the charging areas for us to figure it out snd still dont know how we solved it. 3rd time, the damn plug woudnt come out. Again, dont know how we eventually fixed it.

200k? Nice! What car? Maybe your AC just needs a recharge? They actually check levels of rust during inspection time in PA? That's pretty hardcore. Find a guy that is somewhat lenient if you can. And def staying ahead of things is a great idea. Better than being stuck in a ****ty situation when something major mechanically breaks
09 mitsubishi lancer. I've had it since January 2011. I tried recharging myself, that wasn't it. Definitely needs a new compressor and condenser. It isn't a big issue yet since i've been working from home since last march and barely drive anywhere. I go back 3 days a week after labor day, so it still may not be an issue for the rest of the year. Shouldn't be unbearably hot by then. As far as the rust, I don't think it's the amount of rust. I think it's just once holes start rusting through in certain areas they won't pass it.

For those asking, at this point all I care about is reliability and MPG's. So something like a corolla/civic or accord/camry. Hatchback would be nice though so probably corolla/civic.

09 mitsubishi lancer. I've had it since January 2011. I tried recharging myself, that wasn't it. Definitely needs a new compressor and condenser. It isn't a big issue yet since i've been working from home since last march and barely drive anywhere. I go back 3 days a week after labor day, so it still may not be an issue for the rest of the year. Shouldn't be unbearably hot by then. As far as the rust, I don't think it's the amount of rust. I think it's just once holes start rusting through in certain areas they won't pass it.

For those asking, at this point all I care about is reliability and MPG's. So something like a corolla/civic or accord/camry. Hatchback would be nice though so probably corolla/civic.

New Civic is nice, traded my 19 Civic Hatch for a 21 Accord Sport. That being said, just go grab an Accord man. The interior is way nicer. If you really want a hatch the new Civic had the hatch unveiled recently. Looks nice actually, and this gen interior does have a nicer interior than last.

Back
Top Bottom