\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah I've read stories & seen youtube vids of some owners saying the Countach is a pain in the *** to drive. Like you, I wouldn't care how bad it is, that thing looks amazing, sounds ridiculous & must be a thrill to drive. Yellow is that kinda color that only few cars can pull off. Haven't seen a pic or video of one in yellow. The Gulf paint job looks nice on em too
race car drivers are athletes

That e39 Touring! 🔥🔥🔥

Hehe, ah, that's NOT just any e39 5-series Touring! That my friend is a fully converted M5 Touring. Full conversion using all original e39 M5 drivetrain and body panels on a US spec 5-series wagon. His is IIRC #16 done at the time. Now, over 300 or so in the country that have been converted. Plus he has it supercharged as well, for good measure. 👍 It's a SICK build!

don't wanna rain on yall parade but the interior on a ford gt is so disgusting

and i kinda hate the 5.4 motor :lol:

Rain all you want buddy, lol! I don't really care 🙂. But just to let you all know, the inside is actually much nicer than anyone realizes, because frankly most don't have a clue what they used for parts. Being around these as much as I was while selling Fords and my good friends owning them (one has 3 of these), let me give a little tutorial if I may.

The inside was made as a full recreation of the original GT40 from LeMans in the 60s. So they were not made for luxury but as a race car homage, hence no cupholders, no storage, and other than a rather high end optional radio (McIntosh) no fancy options. Plus when it came out, let's be honest, Fords (and GM & Chrysler) in the mid 2000s, their normal passenger vehicle interior materials literally sucked. Hard plastic dashboards, door panels, you name it. It was garbage.

But for the GT, the dash is wrapped in leather, as is the headliner (and it smells like a Wilson's leather store when the car was new, it was nice leather). The seats are actually made by Sparco, and the backs are full exposed gloss carbon fiber and look gorgeous! The silver rectangular trim on the inside doors isn't plastic, it's actually aluminum and the console is magnesium. The switches for the A/C are milled from bullet aluminum.

Why don't you like the motor? Just curious? And about the motor, lol. Yeah most who have no clue just say it's a 5.4 from an F150. Yeah, NO! It's like saying the new GT has the same EcoBoost from the new F150. NOPE. The block on these GTs were basically custom, as at the time the only 5.4 engine (with a supercharger) was in the Lightning and that was only 360hp. Can't just up the boost to get to 550hp reliably. So the block was custom made (and eventually used in the Cobra Jet drag car) and all the internals (crankshaft, pistons, rods, & bearings) were all fully balanced and were from high end companies (Manley pistons for example). The motor is so smooth and so durable that's why you NEVER hear of any engine issues and it's how they can be made to run 1000hp easily with no issues. The 300mph cars that do those mile races in Texas, lots of them are Ford GTs because the block is so strong and dependable and can take so much more power. Some run 1,500 on stock block and internals.

People never realize that these cars went from concept to production (the 3 cars at the Centennial party in Detroit) in 18 months! 18 MONTHS!! That is unheard of and will never happen anymore. Heck most concept cars take over a year just to get the design & technical stuff worked out. Then usually a year or 2 to test it get it made into a production car. Then 6-8 to go into production. 18 months would NEVER and will never happen again.

At the end of the day, at a Cars & Coffee, the newest McLaren (720) Ferrari (488 or F8 Tributo) and Lamborghini (Huracan Evo) were to pull in, people would take pics, but then if a Ford GT pulls in, everyone will turn their heads! It's because the other cars are, depending on the area, kinda routine to see (meaning they are around at any given time on nice days give or take) where as, the GT, you just don't see them, as they made 4,038 in total. Subtract the 500 or so that have been wrecked over the span of time, plus those that have been exported (the car was never officially sold anywhere but 101 in the UK). It makes it rather special to see in person. Just wanted to give a little insider info, being I know these like the back of my hand, lol.

I'd still take one ANY DAY over the newest supercar from the other brands. Because stickshift AND I'm a sucker for the GT40, my favorite car ever!!

Last edited:
Rain all you want buddy, lol! I don't really care 🙂. But just to let you all know, the inside is actually much nicer than anyone realizes, because frankly most don't have a clue what they used for parts. Being around these as much as I was while selling Fords and my good friends owning them (one has 3 of these), let me give a little tutorial if I may.

The inside was made as a full recreation of the original GT40 from LeMans in the 60s. So they were not made for luxury but as a race car homage, hence no cupholders, no storage, and other than a rather high end optional radio (McIntosh) no fancy options. Plus when it came out, let's be honest, Fords (and GM & Chrysler) in the mid 2000s, their normal passenger vehicle interior materials literally sucked. Hard plastic dashboards, door panels, you name it. It was garbage.

But for the GT, the dash is wrapped in leather, as is the headliner (and it smells like a Wilson's leather store when the car was new, it was nice leather). The seats are actually made by Sparco, and the backs are full exposed gloss carbon fiber and look gorgeous! The silver rectangular trim on the inside doors isn't plastic, it's actually aluminum and the console is magnesium. The switches for the A/C are milled from bullet aluminum.

Why don't you like the motor? Just curious? And about the motor, lol. Yeah most who have no clue just say it's a 5.4 from an F150. Yeah, NO! It's like saying the new GT has the same EcoBoost from the new F150. NOPE. The block on these GTs were basically custom, as at the time the only 5.4 engine (with a supercharger) was in the Lightning and that was only 360hp. Can't just up the boost to get to 550hp reliably. So the block was custom made (and eventually used in the Cobra Jet drag car) and all the internals (crankshaft, pistons, rods, & bearings) were all fully balanced and were from high end companies (Manley pistons for example). The motor is so smooth and so durable that's why you NEVER hear of any engine issues and it's how they can be made to run 1000hp easily with no issues. The 300mph cars that do those mile races in Texas, lots of them are Ford GTs because the block is so strong and dependable and can take so much more power. Some run 1,500 on stock block and internals.

People never realize that these cars went from concept to production (the 3 cars at the Centennial party in Detroit) in 18 months! 18 MONTHS!! That is unheard of and will never happen anymore. Heck most concept cars take over a year just to get the design & technical stuff worked out. Then usually a year or 2 to test it get it made into a production car. Then 6-8 to go into production. 18 months would NEVER and will never happen again.

At the end of the day, at a Cars & Coffee, the newest McLaren (720) Ferrari (488 or F8 Tributo) and Lamborghini (Huracan Evo) were to pull in, people would take pics, but then if a Ford GT pulls in, everyone will turn their heads! It's because the other cars are, depending on the area, kinda routine to see (meaning they are around at any given time on nice days give or take) where as, the GT, you just don't see them, as they made 4,038 in total. Subtract the 500 or so that have been wrecked over the span of time, plus those that have been exported (the car was never officially sold anywhere but 101 in the UK). It makes it rather special to see in person. Just wanted to give a little insider info, being I know these like the back of my hand, lol.

I'd still take one ANY DAY over the newest supercar from the other brands. Because stickshift AND I'm a sucker for the GT40, my favorite car ever!!
great points

but its just not my cup of tea
neither is a 720 or 488

Yeah I know the 5.4 in the gt shares nothing with any other vehicle.
It is cool you have a halo car in mind tho, halo car doesn't exist for me :frown:

great points

but its just not my cup of tea
neither is a 720 or 488

Yeah I know the 5.4 in the gt shares nothing with any other vehicle.
It is cool you have a halo car in mind tho, halo car doesn't exist for me :frown:

Everyone should have 1 car they dream about. Not saying the GT is a dream that will become reality. That ship has sailed years ago. When they were in the $170K range in 2010-2011, that was the time to pounce. The next year they eclipsed 200K and it was no looking back. Too expensive for me as I'll never have that kind of money.

So I've accepted it (sadly 😢😢) and have a new dream car that is totally attainable in a few years. Lotus Evora 400 or GT if I want used. Or, if things work out well (getting off disability and finding a new job NOT in auto sales that pays similar to what I was making) I'd seriously consider ordering the new Emira in a few years after they get a few years of production under their belts.

Car is drop dead stunning, the V6/manual combo sounds insane, and it's bulletproof. Plus in a few years there will be more options, more colors (hopefully custom colors like the Evora GT had available) and possibly a tuned up version (Emira GT?). 🙂 That is a dream car I can actually grasp & hopefully attain. 👍👍

Everyone should have 1 car they dream about. Not saying the GT is a dream that will become reality. That ship has sailed years ago. When they were in the $170K range in 2010-2011, that was the time to pounce. The next year they eclipsed 200K and it was no looking back. Too expensive for me as I'll never have that kind of money.

So I've accepted it (sadly 😢😢) and have a new dream car that is totally attainable in a few years. Lotus Evora 400 or GT if I want used. Or, if things work out well (getting off disability and finding a new job NOT in auto sales that pays similar to what I was making) I'd seriously consider ordering the new Emira in a few years after they get a few years of production under their belts.

Car is drop dead stunning, the V6/manual combo sounds insane, and it's bulletproof. Plus in a few years there will be more options, more colors (hopefully custom colors like the Evora GT had available) and possibly a tuned up version (Emira GT?). 🙂 That is a dream car I can actually grasp & hopefully attain. 👍👍
yeah that is a beautiful car.

I am starting a job soon (god willing) that is fully remote so not sure if I will have much need for a second car.

I have been checking craiglist to see if a good deal on a 68-72 nova coupe pops up. If i can get one for a nice price wouldn't mind putting in like 20-30k and having a hellcat drivetrain thrown in there.

Never seen or heard of this car before. I really like the lines & overall shape of it. Looked sexyy in white
20210803_214735.jpg
20210803_214518.jpg

Fisher Karma, don't think I ever saw one in the wild.
Ohhh that's what it is! Karma Revero. Is this a gas or electric car? At first I thought it was a Maserati but the length & nose of it made me think it's not. Got to research this brand a little. Man this thing was fire

Ohhh that's what it is! Karma Revero. Is this a gas or electric car? At first I thought it was a Maserati but the length & nose of it made me think it's not. Got to research this brand a little. Man this thing was fire
Isn't much to research. They were supposed to be Tesla's rival and we know how that turned out. The names been bought a few times since and they keep teasing a revival but it never seems to go anywhere. Brand is dead.

Look up the Fisker Karma story, theres one good video on YT about it. If I find it before you do ill post it here.

Never seen or heard of this car before. I really like the lines & overall shape of it. Looked sexyy in white
20210803_214735.jpg
20210803_214518.jpg

I used to see these daily, when I lived in Irvine, I'm pretty sure Fisker had some sort of office in the city, hella people had em around the way
Oddly enough never seen em outside of Irvine/OC really

Isn't much to research. They were supposed to be Tesla's rival and we know how that turned out. The names been bought a few times since and they keep teasing a revival but it never seems to go anywhere. Brand is dead.
Yeah that's what I read. Brand never took off...too much competition maybe?
Look up the Fisker Karma story, theres one good video on YT about it. If I find it before you do ill post it here.
Yeah post it if you don't mind. Doug Demuro has a video with one. Will be watching it later
fluid hips fluid hips That's a neat wrap
stunna5 stunna5 That's crazy because last night was the first time I've ever seen one. It was branded as a luxury electric car but never took off. Is it a Cali based company?

The Revero is actually not the Fisher Karma. The Fisker Karma was a hybrid-esq vehicle using the Ecotec 4-cylinder but the electric motor works like a generator like a train. Best way to explain it is to watch the YouTube video by Casey Putuch/Genius Garage where he was thinking of getting one for his wife (he passed, thankfully as parts are hard to come by).

The company started by Henrik Fisker was taken over as he went bankrupt I believe and the company was bought and turned into Karma and they released the Revero using a V8 and NO hybrid tech. I hear the Revero is a darn good car.

Roma has grown on me

It's a pretty car. Seen one up close at Algar Ferrari and at the Father's Day Cars & Coffee, where they brought the demonstrator. It's nice but others in our group said what my wife said. Has the lines of an F-Type. Long hood, short rounded hatch. It's definitely better than the California was before the Portofino

It's a pretty car. Seen one up close at Algar Ferrari and at the Father's Day Cars & Coffee, where they brought the demonstrator. It's nice but others in our group said what my wife said. Has the lines of an F-Type. Long hood, short rounded hatch. It's definitely better than the California was before the Portofino

Gives me Vantage vibes. Vantage is a good looking car, this not so much.

Back
Top Bottom