\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

D08E691D-AEEA-4D88-9441-E41DB005DF27.jpeg
BC0E3826-DBA0-4F7E-BDE7-F467FF4686FC.jpeg
beautiful

banana boat :tongue:

Singer DLS video posted last week. So fire.

Car is stunning BUT that comes with a caveat...price. I hear the DLS is a close to $2M car. That's a whole LOT of money for a 911. I can think of SO MANY more cars to buy than that. Either one hypercar or several cars adding up to $2M.

u can buy 20 demons at 100k a piece

Exactly my point, lol. I can get these cars below that will equal about $2M.

2005-2006 Ford GT. $350,000 est.
1982-1986 Lamborghini Countach "low body car" $425,000 est range per BaT.
2022 Porsche 911 GT3 manual PTS $220,000 est (lots of options)
That's a $1M with 3 amazing cars to own.
Ferrari 458 Speciale $450,000 est (WIDE range of $) last special edition N/A Ferrari V8.
Lamborghini Huracan STO $400,000 est based on options. Last special edition V10 Lamborghini as they go TTV8 with replacement. 👎

I'm at just about $1.8M and I'm CONTENT! Don't need an Aventador when I have a freaking Countach! 😉 Why would one buy that Singer, albeit it's gorgeous over all these cars just as an example (some may hate my list, oh well, lol). 👍 Just an idea on what one could buy in place of that Singer.

Last edited:
Exactly my point, lol. I can get these cars below that will equal about $2M.

2005-2006 Ford GT. $350,000 est.
1982-1986 Lamborghini Coutach "low body car" $425,000 est range per BaT.
2022 Porsche 911 GT3 manual PTS $220,000 est (lots of options)
That's a $1M with 3 amazing cars to own.
Ferrari 458 Speciale $450,000 est (WIDE range of $) last special edition N/A Ferrari V8.
Lamborghini Huracan STO $400,000 est based on options. Last special edition V10 Lamborghini as they go TTV8 with replacement. 👎

I'm at just about $1.8M and I'm CONTENT! Don't need an Aventador when I have a freaking Countach! 😉 Why would one buy that Singer, albeit it's gorgeous over all these cars just as an example (some may have my list, oh well, lol). 👍 Just an idea on what one could buy in place of that Singer.
most likely the ppl buying da 2 milly porsche already have all those cars and are just adding to their collection :lol:

Sheesh!! Delivery day for my boy.

Evo
D0D7A5A1-CD8C-4492-9C02-717A6B41211D.jpeg
BD4F0E51-6F26-4794-BE49-756378B417CB.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful! After driving the Evo Spyder (and my wife the coupe) the Evo is such an AMAZING car to drive. Simply a blast. That color looks like Rosso Mars. Great choice and the wheels are perfect. 👍

Yea we are thinking budget minded. $2MM on the Porsche you got everything you want already, and you want the car specifically. I get the logic though.

late but I think you could swing a 959 for 2 M's. not sure if you could drive it tho.

A gentleman let me sit in his ‘15 911 turbo s

769E6414-4DBC-40C4-9329-25A837693021.jpeg
9650FD80-A9A7-4F0D-BB46-F78790374E8A.jpeg
I know a lot of people in here like Porsches, what is it about the car or company that you like. I certainly respect their performance, but the looks never did it for me. If in the market for a supercar, I would personally go with a Vantage.

late but I think you could swing a 959 for 2 M's. not sure if you could drive it tho.

Good thinking. You definitely could, but I'd actually rather have the 959SC by Canepa. If your not aware, Bruce Canepa actually helped get the 959 to the US with others using the "Show & Display" law. But now, he's the main guy in the country to helps keep them running. But what he's been doing now is amazing. His company is making a small run of 959s that they find anywhere in the world, and basically disassemble it down to the chassis & body. Then spend 4,000+ hours to rebuild EVERYTHING from the ground up to new specs with updated everything (engine rebuild, trans rebuild, new electronics, fuel systems, you name it) and painted using ANY color in the Paint-To-Sample catalog Porsche has. Some of their cars are AMAZING! Now THAT would be worth the money to me. Check the link for the story and a few pics of some of the early cars he did (I LOVE the blue with full red interior. That is AMAZING)

And while that is great go read, watching the actual work is much more satisfying. Check this video. Worth the time to watch and be in awe!

So I picked up this 16 c63s a few weeks ago and I'm coming from a 15 accord v6. It's quite the jump but loving it so far. Whenever there's a meet in the bay lmk would love to catch up with some folks from here, paging nelson999 nelson999 and boywonder boywonder :emoji_eyes: . I'm in socal right now but will be back up in about a month or so. Congrats on the whips fellas.

20210713_174624.jpg

Also being here in socal...the car scene is like no other. Here's a few images of what I've seen on the daily. It's pretty much car week here every weekend with all the events happening and what you see on the road. Lambo newport always has some eye candy at the dealership. It's kinda surreal because everytime I see a Koenigsegg, Pagani, or Bugatti I say "cool" but never really awe over one since you see them pretty often here. Going to some events and will be seeing more hypercars this weekend since carweek is next week.
20210723_231158.jpg
20210724_190916.jpg
20210724_191911.jpg

This regera is from the Triple F collection that was in for service.
20210724_180556.jpg

I know a lot of people in here like Porsches, what is it about the car or company that you like. I certainly respect their performance, but the looks never did it for me. If in the market for a supercar, I would personally go with a Vantage.
Craftsmanship and pedigree. There are few other cars in the same category that you can reliably drive. You may like the vantage but will probably spend more time in the shop than on the road.

Good thinking. You definitely could, but I'd actually rather have the 959SC by Canepa. If your not aware, Bruce Canepa actually helped get the 959 to the US with others using the "Show & Display" law. But now, he's the main guy in the country to helps keep them running. But what he's been doing now is amazing. His company is making a small run of 959s that they find anywhere in the world, and basically disassemble it down to the chassis & body. Then spend 4,000+ hours to rebuild EVERYTHING from the ground up to new specs with updated everything (engine rebuild, trans rebuild, new electronics, fuel systems, you name it) and painted using ANY color in the Paint-To-Sample catalog Porsche has. Some of their cars are AMAZING! Now THAT would be worth the money to me. Check the link for the story and a few pics of some of the early cars he did (I LOVE the blue with full red interior. That is AMAZING)

And while that is great go read, watching the actual work is much more satisfying. Check this video. Worth the time to watch and be in awe!

Countach>959, kinda surprised there isn't any coachbuild type of Countach out there TBH, the headlights must be an issue. maybe all the funny looking Fiero body kits messed up the prospects for semi coachbuild Countachs or I'd guess the $$$$ in servicing/restoring existing examples to regular specs is good
while I have never owned or driven a Porsche I'd guess performance + value are the biggest appeals. the style of modern 911's never did it for me either, there have been pix in here I have enjoyed but I just don't dig them like the air cooled 911 & 912. 912 is spost to be slow but corners well is what I remember reading.

Not a Porsche owner but I always admired porsche from an engineering & design standpoint seeing as how they are dedicated to the original deisgn of the 911 and constantly refining it trying to perfect the same car 60 years later.

as a dedicated Porsche guy, nothing wrong with a vantage. Every brand brings something to the table. Takes all kinds to make the world go round. Porsche specially, no mass produced car handles and gives you the feeling you’re driving a “race Car” like a 911. Period.
Anyone who wants to argue otherwise is simply being contrarian…
I remember being a little kid and always wanting to go fast. Going fast is a part of it. Taking a turn at 60-70 and sticking to the road is another.
Porsche is a car brand that throttles the line between every day driving and super car. You’re not going to daily a hurrican or a Ferrari.

as a dedicated Porsche guy, nothing wrong with a vantage. Every brand brings something to the table. Takes all kinds to make the world go round. Porsche specially, no mass produced car handles and gives you the feeling you’re driving a “race Car” like a 911. Period.
Anyone who wants to argue otherwise is simply being contrarian…
I remember being a little kid and always wanting to go fast. Going fast is a part of it. Taking a turn at 60-70 and sticking to the road is another.
Porsche is a car brand that throttles the line between every day driving and super car. You’re not going to daily a hurrican or a Ferrari.

Pretty spot on on your description of what Porsche stands for. I will say though. You can EASILY daily drive a Huracan. Dual clutch makes it super livable( va the single clutch e-gear in the Gallardo before it). The hour my wife & I had the cars for was so much fun and we both said this could be driven every day.

I even know of someone (an acquaintance) who has over 60K on his Huracan (it's a 2015 or 2016 don't remember). Looks mint with all the miles but he drives it and had had no issues, other than someone rear ending his bumper. And no it wasn't a rental, he put all the miles on since new. Just loves driving it. It can be done. Would you want to? Depends on how much income one makes to handle the routine maintenance

Nothing says lease special like a Vantage.

that being said I would get my girl one if they ever bring back the 1199 a month leases.

Nothing wrong in particular with Aston martin Vantages, other than that they are overpriced on purpose then heavily discounted to move units. This is a deadly combination for resale value. Then at the end of the day, you’re getting a British AMG GT.

I don’t blame you though, that interior does seem boring by comparison. Maybe it’s just dusty or the yellow gauges make it feel super dated.

On my 3rd Porsche, 2nd 911 and it won’t be my last.

Last edited:
I wanted a 911 since I was a kid and saw one for the first time. I knew right then and there that was the one. The lines on a 911 cannot be beat. It's the prettiest car on the road in my opinion. I get that they're not for everyone but for me, it's the GOAT.

aint too much to say on my end .

they gained my respect because they took a design and innovated it over and over instead of scrappin it and starting from scratch,i was never big on anything less than a v8 but you have to respect what tuners and Porsche themselves have done with flat sixes as much as power goes.

that shape though is slick,and as a two door guy that speedster is peak for me

and they go out of their way to make a manual

Nothing says lease special like a Vantage.

that being said I would get my girl one if they ever bring back the 1199 a month leases.

Nothing wrong in particular with Aston martin Vantages, other than that they are overpriced on purpose then heavily discounted to move units. This is a deadly combination for resale value. Then at the end of the day, you’re getting a British AMG GT.

I don’t blame you though, that interior does seem boring by comparison. Maybe it’s just dusty or the yellow gauges make it feel super dated.

On my 3rd Porsche, 2nd 911 and it won’t be my last.

The new Vantage is a beautiful car. Only issue I had with them at first, was the new grill. Not the overall shape, but the material used. The sport grill was all mesh and just didn't look good. Thankfully Aston Martin saw that some people had issues with it's appearance, and they brought back the vaned grill (horizontal lines). Looks so much better. Here's two pics to show the difference between the two.
Mesh grill (zoom in to see it)
IMG_20210613_184827_636.jpg

vaned grill (new 2021 V8 7-speed manual in BRG that didn't last long at Park Place Aston Martin. Perfect spec too!
Screenshot_20210601-201857.png
the new grill option just looks so much better! And the other issue is MASSIVE depreciation over time. Saw this 2020 AM Vantage at the local Maserati Dealer back in January of this year.
PXL_20210109_010240287.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210109_010443123.jpg

PXL_20210109_010427338.jpg

PXL_20210109_010429071.jpg

2020, 1250 miles, less than a year old and already down to $147k and I'm sure they could take a little more off. Car probably had a $175K sticker there abouts. Already down $30K in less than a year. And probably would have gone more had the used car market not gone beserk. It's funny as I think the car at the dealer above was the same I photographed later and used in my other photo. Car is actually on Turo in my area for like $900 a day. Crazy.

Anyhow, I'll always love Astons. Such a classy & beautiful car. That green one above is my dream spec (7-speed manual included). So freaking beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom