\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah live & let live man. Cops have more important issues to pursue & like you said when their scanners read it it matches the tags that are registered in the system. He was more upset than he should be like you don't want it? Kool, keep it moving son. I too have a "fake plate" on my Challenger lol. I mentioned it b4 but I got mine from licenseplates.tv & they make them 3M reflective, 3d raised lettering & 12 X 6 inches as all US license plates are with the same aluminum tin material which is all the reasons why they charge what they charge for them & they have every plate domestic or international. At first I just wanted one to hang up in my bedroom but then my brother amped me up to put em on my car. I have the real state dmv issued plates in the trunk just incase I get pulled over. They got me once this past summer while I had it parked in front of my apt...traffic cops rolled by & saw them. I had the car parked outside because I was waiting for the sun to go down a bit b4 I began washing it. Traffic cop asked me why do you have Liberty plates on your car? Told em cuz they're so damn beautiful & she goes "why no front plate?" & I was like because it's ****ing gross that's why lol, & got 2 tickets $65 each. I STILL have the Liberty plate on the car & will never remove em lol. Only time I'd swap em back to the ugly yellow ones if I know I'm going to be crossing a bridge or tunnel where there's a toll. With the fake plate that'd be toll evasion & that probably won't end well for me lol. Couple of weeks ago a DT in an unmarked Taurus was behind me & I was wondering if he'd light me up for the plates but after 5 mins they went their way. I've gotten so many compliments & questions on the Liberty plate. People always ask how'd you get them? They're discontinued, I tell em it's a secret lol but eventually tell em how I got em
20200331_122127.jpg
20211017_115413.jpg
vanity plates are STR8 corny

for the most part

dude w the 2003 "crypto" lambo
how ur odometer higher than ur cars value

Maybe im just used to it bow but I dont mind the yellow plates. The plates before were better but yellow grew on me for sure. New ones are pretty nice too.

California has the best plate, classic white with blue California in script. Perfect.
Yeah I get what you're sayin, they kinda grew on me too which is why I still have em on my Max. The blue ones before them were nice yup. Don't like the new ones much. They could've done so much better. The current Cali plate classic white with red Cali in script is a bit plain & I think it was rightfully placed as #47 lol. Now, the classic black Cali plates with yellow characters is fire. Especially the Knightrider plate KNIGHT 👌

for the most part

Ehh to each their own 🤷‍♂️. I've seen some really creative custom plates. Seen a Tesla model X with "LOW BTTRY" as their plate :lol: . He's probably a crypto fanboy lol looks like it's working out for em judging by his ride

Yeah live & let live man. Cops have more important issues to pursue & like you said when their scanners read it it matches the tags that are registered in the system. He was more upset than he should be like you don't want it? Kool, keep it moving son. I too have a "fake plate" on my Challenger lol. I mentioned it b4 but I got mine from licenseplates.tv & they make them 3M reflective, 3d raised lettering & 12 X 6 inches as all US license plates are with the same aluminum tin material which is all the reasons why they charge what they charge for them & they have every plate domestic or international. At first I just wanted one to hang up in my bedroom but then my brother amped me up to put em on my car. I have the real state dmv issued plates in the trunk just incase I get pulled over. They got me once this past summer while I had it parked in front of my apt...traffic cops rolled by & saw them. I had the car parked outside because I was waiting for the sun to go down a bit b4 I began washing it. Traffic cop asked me why do you have Liberty plates on your car? Told em cuz they're so damn beautiful & she goes "why no front plate?" & I was like because it's ****ing gross that's why lol, & got 2 tickets $65 each. I STILL have the Liberty plate on the car & will never remove em lol. Only time I'd swap em back to the ugly yellow ones if I know I'm going to be crossing a bridge or tunnel where there's a toll. With the fake plate that'd be toll evasion & that probably won't end well for me lol. Couple of weeks ago a DT in an unmarked Taurus was behind me & I was wondering if he'd light me up for the plates but after 5 mins they went their way. I've gotten so many compliments & questions on the Liberty plate. People always ask how'd you get them? They're discontinued, I tell em it's a secret lol but eventually tell em how I got em
20200331_122127.jpg
20211017_115413.jpg

Your Liberty plate is just awesome. I'm sure you get asked everywhere about it. Isn't that the same plate they had on Ecto-1 for GB 1 & 2? It's the same with us. So many people wonder and have a confused look when they see it. Really went into overdrive when we had both cars at an Exotic show a few weeks ago and they were parked side by side. People looking at the back of one would glance over and see another euro Pennsy plate and just couldn't comprehend them. Asked so many questions (when did PA start offering these? Is this legal? Where did you get them?) and we told them the story. Probably sold a few plates that day, lol. But like your plate, it's a perfect conversation starter. 👍

for the most part

Well, I can assure you that the mileage on his car is well below the actual value of it (right now, all these cars are appreciating and will continue once Lamborghini shows the replacement for the Huracan with it's V8 TT. The old V10s will only climb in value.) So I think he's sitting pretty good right now. Also considering he paid for it from his gains from his Crypto hobby, he's doing alright for himself. Shouldn't judge until you know the facts, just saying!

Vanity tags are fun. Some are silly but for the most part they are pretty cool. I'm would put one on my Lotus when the day comes that I get one. Just gotta figure out a catchy idea for it. 👍

Ehh to each their own 🤷‍♂️. I've seen some really creative custom plates. Seen a Tesla model X with "LOW BTTRY" as their plate :lol: . He's probably a crypto fanboy lol looks like it's working out for em judging by his ride

He made out well from his Crypto hobby hence the car. 👍 He's a straight up good guy.

100 bands for a stang sheesh you about to pocket that or replace it with something else?

Yup, I sold them and told people at work, that I couldn't pay that for a Mustang, and I'm a HUGE fan! For that money, I want something special and unique and rather rare, hence why I love (and want) an Evora 400 (used) or a Evora GT.

Yeah I get what you're sayin, they kinda grew on me too which is why I still have em on my Max. The blue ones before them were nice yup. Don't like the new ones much. They could've done so much better. The current Cali plate classic white with red Cali in script is a bit plain & I think it was rightfully placed as #47 lol. Now, the classic black Cali plates with yellow characters is fire. Especially the Knightrider plate KNIGHT 👌

Simplicity is key. How they have Cali at 47 but Texas at 8 which is just as plain. Plus a cleaner and more simple plate = cleaner looking car. Imagine a Redeye blacked out Challenger looking mean af and then having to put a Hawaii plate with a rainbow on it. :lol:

Well, I can assure you that the mileage on his car is well below the actual value of it (right now, all these cars are appreciating and will continue once Lamborghini shows the replacement for the Huracan with it's V8 TT. The old V10s will only climb in value.) So I think he's sitting pretty good right now. Also considering he paid for it from his gains from his Crypto hobby, he's doing alright for himself. Shouldn't judge until you know the facts, just saying!

Vanity tags are fun. Some are silly but for the most part they are pretty cool. I'm would put one on my Lotus when the day comes that I get one. Just gotta figure out a catchy idea for it. 👍

Hes a troll, dont feed him. :lol:

Vanity plates are cool, im a fan. Think a CRV I saw once said D1M3LO or something and im like yep, dude def from the heights or Dyckman. My friend back in the day had GRCRYGTTR on his Accord.

Thinking about heading to my local Ford dealership tomorrow, they have a Maverick Lariat that looks perfect. Anyone have experience with using the Ford x-plan? Curious the chance they'd offer with the car shortage happening.

I was reading about that yesterday. Apparently it's a thing to drop bank on plates with as few characters as possible. Kind of like Dubai & UAE. The porcelain plates are nice man! Tad smaller too. They've got to be cobsidered vintage because Delaware DMV don't make em outta porcelain anymore, do they?

Yea people drop bank, I believe number 11 went for like $650,000. Mine is a 5-digit so I could prob only get like $2k max if somebody really liked the number. But they appreciate and look much better than our standard blue and gold plates. The good numbers are handed down through families until somebody wants a payday

they are vintage, you secure a 5 digit tag or lower (hours in line, only drop twice a year and havent done so since covid) then pay this company that works with the DMV to make the porcelain plate. You can also get a slightly different style with stainless steel, but porcelain is the way to go

Your Liberty plate is just awesome. I'm sure you get asked everywhere about it. Isn't that the same plate they had on Ecto-1 for GB 1 & 2? It's the same with us. So many people wonder and have a confused look when they see it. Really went into overdrive when we had both cars at an Exotic show a few weeks ago and they were parked side by side. People looking at the back of one would glance over and see another euro Pennsy plate and just couldn't comprehend them. Asked so many questions (when did PA start offering these? Is this legal? Where did you get them?) and we told them the story. Probably sold a few plates that day, lol. But like your plate, it's a perfect conversation starter. 👍
Thanks man, I love it. Hands down the best plate in NY states history. In the first movie Ecto-1 had the older NY yellow theme plates, circa 1980-1986 which is right in line with the year the movie was released & in part 2 they had the Liberty plate. I bet you get a lot of looks & questions too on both plate & car. People get so thrown off & confused lol I love it! One guy believed me when I was messing around & told em DMV started to offer them for couple of bills & he even pulled out his phone to go on DMV website & purchase em lmao & than I told em like I'm jk & where they're actually from. It's mostly older heads around my age & older who know & remember this design. You guys def convinced a few people to get em lol & yes, like you said, perfect conversation starter.

Simplicity is key. How they have Cali at 47 but Texas at 8 which is just as plain. Plus a cleaner and more simple plate = cleaner looking car. Imagine a Redeye blacked out Challenger looking mean af and then having to put a Hawaii plate with a rainbow on it. :lol:
Simplicity is key, yes, but a state like Cali that has SOO much to offer you'd think the plate would have some more creativity in it. A little Golden Gate Bridge with some trees from Yosemite, LA skyline & Cali's shape in the middle would be kool I think. The Montana & Rhode Island plates are lowkey kind of nice too. Lol I kinda like rainbows & Hawaii in my opinion has one of the smoothest plates. Saw one in my garage few months ago for the first time in real life & was pretty impressed.

Yea people drop bank, I believe number 11 went for like $650,000. Mine is a 5-digit so I could prob only get like $2k max if somebody really liked the number. But they appreciate and look much better than our standard blue and gold plates. The good numbers are handed down through families until somebody wants a payday

they are vintage, you secure a 5 digit tag or lower (hours in line, only drop twice a year and havent done so since covid) then pay this company that works with the DMV to make the porcelain plate. You can also get a slightly different style with stainless steel, but porcelain is the way to go
Goddamn, must be nice lol. Have you owned yours for many many years & are you going to pass it down to your kids? I read a lot of these plates become family heirlooms like jewelry & valuable stones which is very kool. Agreed they look better than the standard DE plates. Man I wish NY state did something like this. I'd love a porcelain license plate- have never seen one in real life. It's like a quickstrike kinda deal with it coming around twice a year for a lmtd run. It would suck if someone dropped their porcelain plates lol.

We hating on custom plates now ? Sheesh that’s a weird thing to get mad about lol
Seriously lol. Same way one mods their cars you can mod your plates too- all in the name of customization, freedom of expression & to be unique and different. I have custom plates on both my cars & will on my next one too, see no harm in it 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom