\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

They recycle these high impact hues so maybe in the near future they'll bring it back. BMW Individual- is that same as a factory order made to buyers personal spec sort of deal? What about that older maroon-ish burgundy they had? A tenant in my work building has an older BMW sedan painted that color but his cars clear coat can be a bit healthier.

Due to how similar Phoenix and Austin Yellow are, I wonder if they reused the Phoenix color and then just added a few other changes to make it slightly different.

Yeah BMW Individual is like a special order, can have custom paint options and I've seen some pretty cool interiors, too.

There are a few maroonish colors BMW had in the 90s...One on the E38 was Canyonrot Metallic, but on the E36 there was also a Calypsorot Metallic. They both look really cool and are pretty rare to see these days. One color you see on the Z3 from time to time is Sienna Red Metallic which is a little lighter than the other two but also really nice. Generally with E38/E39/E36 you will see the standard silver and black the most, then white. After that everything becomes a little more rare, especially now. I almost never see the 90s BMWs on the road anymore sadly. If I do they are beat to hell. A lot of colors were only one year production or maybe only offered with certain packages. Also in Europe/ROW some of the colors that are rare here might be a little more common.

Due to how similar Phoenix and Austin Yellow are, I wonder if they reused the Phoenix color and then just added a few other changes to make it slightly different.

Yeah BMW Individual is like a special order, can have custom paint options and I've seen some pretty cool interiors, too.

There are a few maroonish colors BMW had in the 90s...One on the E38 was Canyonrot Metallic, but on the E36 there was also a Calypsorot Metallic. They both look really cool and are pretty rare to see these days. One color you see on the Z3 from time to time is Sienna Red Metallic which is a little lighter than the other two but also really nice. Generally with E38/E39/E36 you will see the standard silver and black the most, then white. After that everything becomes a little more rare, especially now. I almost never see the 90s BMWs on the road anymore sadly. If I do they are beat to hell. A lot of colors were only one year production or maybe only offered with certain packages. Also in Europe/ROW some of the colors that are rare here might be a little more common.
Yeah could be they tweaked it & made it look different ever so slightly. That's cool they do the Individual special orders. You can customize your car pretty nicely that way. The maroons are nice too, the dude I mentioned has I believe the Calypsorot shade. He's back & forth from DE so next time I see his car I'll try to take some pics. I rarely see red BMWs old or new. It's funny you mention the Z3 because in my garage about 6 spots left of my Challenger there's an abandoned grey Z3. Car hasn't been touched since 2015. The reg. & inspection stickers have expired years ago. I've posted it here once before but I'll take another pic or two if it tmrw and post it. You're right the 90s BMWs are seldom seen in good condition. With those & newer ones like you said silver/black/white & closely followed by gunmetal grey are top 3 shades you see em in.

Yeah could be they tweaked it & made it look different ever so slightly. That's cool they do the Individual special orders. You can customize your car pretty nicely that way. The maroons are nice too, the dude I mentioned has I believe the Calypsorot shade. He's back & forth from DE so next time I see his car I'll try to take some pics. I rarely see red BMWs old or new. It's funny you mention the Z3 because in my garage about 6 spots left of my Challenger there's an abandoned grey Z3. Car hasn't been touched since 2015. The reg. & inspection stickers have expired years ago. I've posted it here once before but I'll take another pic or two if it tmrw and post it. You're right the 90s BMWs are seldom seen in good condition. With those & newer ones like you said silver/black/white & closely followed by gunmetal grey are top 3 shades you see em in.

Yeah if I had the money I would definitely spring for the Individual program. I was looking at a Calypsorot E34 before I got my E39, definitely a unique shade. I actually like the Z3 and first gen M-Roadsters, they always got a lot of crap especially at the time, but depending on the spec they are really fun cars. M-Roadster is pretty much like driving a go-kart...First year didn't have traction control either lol.

If I had the money I would definitely buy one, the ones with the S52 engine (North American E36 M3 engine) usually sell for a good chunk less than the S54 (E46 M3) engine cars and that's the one I prefer anyways. A little less power, but IMO much easier and cheaper to maintain. But prices will start going up shortly once all the clownshoe coupes are gone. Plus with the factory hardtop they look like baby Z8's, so damn cool.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 3.49.48 PM.png

Z3 was originally a Bond car, I think the automotive press said it was good in 1996. Boxster was another similar car that ppl tired of fairly quickly that the auto magazines liked IIRC. both are good.

Last edited:
Kith M4 details are so sick but damn, had to be on this M4 huh. Still cant get over the grill and front end in general but it does look a bit better in black.

Yeah if I had the money I would definitely spring for the Individual program. I was looking at a Calypsorot E34 before I got my E39, definitely a unique shade. I actually like the Z3 and first gen M-Roadsters, they always got a lot of crap especially at the time, but depending on the spec they are really fun cars. M-Roadster is pretty much like driving a go-kart...First year didn't have traction control either lol.

If I had the money I would definitely buy one, the ones with the S52 engine (North American E36 M3 engine) usually sell for a good chunk less than the S54 (E46 M3) engine cars and that's the one I prefer anyways. A little less power, but IMO much easier and cheaper to maintain. But prices will start going up shortly once all the clownshoe coupes are gone. Plus with the factory hardtop they look like baby Z8's, so damn cool.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 3.49.48 PM.png
Oh nice, no traction control so it was a pretty raw sports car free of driver nanny's. Love the shape of the one in the pic you posted. Looks nimble af lol. You better scoop up the ones you want before the prices go through the roof & they become unattainable. Prices be going up across the board man...thank you to all them rich boomers.

michael ballack michael ballack Here is the pic of the abandoned BMW. Sorry not a Z3 it's actually a Z4, my bad I don't know Beemers like that lol. Where does this rank on the Beemer food chain?
20211107_114017.jpg
20211107_114026.jpg
20211107_114048.jpg
20211107_114104.jpg
20211107_114128.jpg

We did it!! Joined the bimmer gang!!

4FDD68EF-4919-447C-B097-92EE1B92D23A.jpeg
Congrats man! I've said it before & I'll say it again, that is one sexyyy looking car! Not a single bad angle on it. I break my neck every time I'm lucky enough to see one. Only seen like 3 ever. I think given it's BMW DNA it's not appreciated in the present but in the future these cars will have a huge cult following & become highly coveted. The black rims are just perfect 👍

Kith M4 details are so sick but damn, had to be on this M4 huh. Still cant get over the grill and front end in general but it does look a bit better in black.
I'm starting to like the new grills lol especially w/o a front plate. That carbon piece on the back of the seat is just so sexy to me.

Pics post #2
PXL_20211107_144238740.jpg
PXL_20211107_144226401.jpg
PXL_20211107_144218463.jpg
PXL_20211107_144010411.jpg
PXL_20211107_161353746.jpg

A whole bunch of everything. 4 Lamborghinis, a 458 Ferrari, loads of Porsches & Vettes, a few McLarens & Lotus (I was drooling over that Evora 400. Not a silver car person but the all red interior is 🤤🤤). Few Cobra replicas with big motors, cool BMWs. Just a cool day. Oh, and the last pic above, is me inside a new 2020 Ford GT Carbon series in Highland Green (an Extended Color Palette option at $30K).

I know the owner and he graciously gave me a ride in the car. Two words...HOLY BLEEP!! I used to sell Ford's and was around when they showed it and I followed the program VERY closely so I knew the V6 TT was plenty but for anyone who says it needs a V8, I'm sorry but your clueless! He showed me going back to the show that he goosed it with less than 1/4 throttle and it broke loose. It's a BEAST! The terminology of "a car car for the street" is I feel overused, as it's not really accurate with some cars, but it's the truth with this as it was made and developed as a LeMans race car 1st then turned into a street car, where as it's the other way around (see 488 GT3, Porsche RSR, Huracan Super Trofeo, etc).

And afterwards a few of us went to a beer garden for a small car show and food (I don't drink). They had a taco truck with bbq brisket (sandwich was AMAZING). I only took one video of something that was a bit unexpected (can't post it so I did a screen shot).

Screenshot_20211108-101332.png

Yup, that's a helicopter, coming to the beer garden for food. And NO that isn't a helipad. It's a large grassy part of ground. Talk about baller move! And when he left he banked the copter easily 60° nose down and only about a few hundred off the ground. Crazy!

But a very good day with great friends.

One more thing, at the beginning of last year, going to Cars & Coffee, and seeing all the nice high end cars in our group, I felt a little out of place bringing my car, compared to everyone else's. It's a near 16 year old car, modified very tastefully, yet just a Mustang GT, but I've been getting more and more positive comments from people who I don't know. Some say it when I'm getting gas, or funny enough, pull up next to me at a light to tell me how good it sounds. These comments have really perked me up as at one point, last year I SERIOUSLY contimplated selling it. That thought is gone as I love taking it and have a blast rowing the gears, especially underpasses, lol.

Now to get feeling good enough to go back to work so I can save everything to get a Lotus Evora 400 I so desperately want (I'll have a muscle car and a sports car and I'm done).

Last edited:
Had a very cool show yesterday for charity. 75 cars or so (could have been just over as they wanted to keep it limited to the spaces on the lot. Check the cars in the pics in this post and the next. (Wife's car below & my Mustang in pic #3).
PXL_20211107_144053386.jpg
PXL_20211107_144058468.MP.jpg
PXL_20211107_144045623.MP.jpg
PXL_20211107_144003064.jpg
PXL_20211107_144012828.jpg
PXL_20211107_144409801.jpg
PXL_20211107_144153289.MP.jpg
PXL_20211107_144159020.jpg
PXL_20211107_145533295.MP.jpg

PXL_20211107_144436501.jpg

Awesome turn out. Color on that Ford GT is damn nice, one of the best specced ones I've seen. Do you know the color code/name?

Awesome turn out. Color on that Ford GT is damn nice, one of the best specced ones I've seen. Do you know the color code/name?

Yeah, I listed it above. It's Ford original formula for Highland Green, aka the color of the Mustang 390 in Bullitt! His is the only one so far in that color (some have used Dark Highland Green which is what is used on the Bullitt edition Mustangs.

If you like that spec, you would see my good friends car. It's a normal GT (non carbon series) in Extended Color Palette Dark Aqua Metallic. This is a 1969 Mustang color and it looks INCREDIBLE!! The spec of options and such is perfect. Standard wheels in silver, black calipers, matte carbon (to not stand out from the color, and stay with the same color as the wheels) and leather seats, sills & steering wheel. It's stunning. I won't post a pic of it as they don't want it shown yet. But trust me, it's the best one yet. Oh, and no stripes

^ it was a beautiful day out and a nice event. That was my first time seeing a Ford GT up close. Some pics I took at the event.

That's a baller move for sure with the helicopter.
20211107_103442.jpg

20211107_102739.jpg

20211107_103144.jpg

20211107_102803.jpg
IMG_20211107_181441_577.jpg

You see my car on the end of the one row? My wife's Lamborghini was parked up against the building.

You see my car on the end of the one row? My wife's Lamborghini was parked up against the building.

I saw your Mustang. Your car looked good. I used to have 2000 Mustang a long time ago and came really close to buying a 2007 Mustang so that style is a bit nostalgic for me. I think it will be a classic years from now.

Yeah, I listed it above. It's Ford original formula for Highland Green, aka the color of the Mustang 390 in Bullitt! His is the only one so far in that color (some have used Dark Highland Green which is what is used on the Bullitt edition Mustangs.

If you like that spec, you would see my good friends car. It's a normal GT (non carbon series) in Extended Color Palette Dark Aqua Metallic. This is a 1969 Mustang color and it looks INCREDIBLE!! The spec of options and such is perfect. Standard wheels in silver, black calipers, matte carbon (to not stand out from the color, and stay with the same color as the wheels) and leather seats, sills & steering wheel. It's stunning. I won't post a pic of it as they don't want it shown yet. But trust me, it's the best one yet. Oh, and no stripes
Wow I didn't even realize it was the same color as the Bullitt car, that is badass.

And I just googled the color you mentioned for your friends car. Looking at it on the 1969 Mustang you mentioned and it looks amazing...Very unique shade. Ford GT has had a lot of cool colors. Definitely post some pics up here when he's approves it, would love to see it. No stripes is definitely the way to go, I think that Highland Green one would've looked even better without the stripe.

Wow I didn't even realize it was the same color as the Bullitt car, that is badass.

And I just googled the color you mentioned for your friends car. Looking at it on the 1969 Mustang you mentioned and it looks amazing...Very unique shade. Ford GT has had a lot of cool colors. Definitely post some pics up here when he's approves it, would love to see it. No stripes is definitely the way to go, I think that Highland Green one would've looked even better without the stripe.

Thanks. The car is just incredible in person. And the green car had to have stripes since it's a Carbon series car. That gives the unpainted stripes in the unpainted carbon fiber which looks awesome, especially in the sun, and seeing the weave of it. 👍

I saw your Mustang. Your car looked good. I used to have 2000 Mustang a long time ago and came really close to buying a 2007 Mustang so that style is a bit nostalgic for me. I think it will be a classic years from now.

Thank you buddy, I appreciate it. It's been a fun fun car that I really just enjoy driving it and going to cara & coffee shows to chat with my friends.

Back
Top Bottom