\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Can't believe so many people hate (or hated on) the 996. For me, it was the best shaped 911 after the 993...Even the 997 didn't really do it for me, and now Porsche 911s all look a bit too squashed and way too "smiley" in the front, like some **** out of Cars.

Porsche gotta have the best color catalog out of all the brands, some beauts in there.

2001_porsche_911_turbo_1635392075e7dff9f98764da2001_porsche_911_turbo_163539207498764dafb7f4a...jpeg
The 996 headlights ruin them 🙁

Can't believe so many people hate (or hated on) the 996. For me, it was the best shaped 911 after the 993...Even the 997 didn't really do it for me, and now Porsche 911s all look a bit too squashed and way too "smiley" in the front, like some **** out of Cars.

Porsche gotta have the best color catalog out of all the brands, some beauts in there.

2001_porsche_911_turbo_1635392075e7dff9f98764da2001_porsche_911_turbo_163539207498764dafb7f4a...jpeg

I think the 996 was an awesome version of the 911. They had my favorite GT variant, the Euro only (thought it's now able to be brought in via Show & Display) white/blue (or white/red) GT3 RS. LOVE that car with the blue wheels & decals. It was the "fried egg" headlights. That turned a lot of people off. Who cares. Still a cool looking car and before Covid, was a hell of a bargain for a turbo/turbo X50 car. Those days are long gone.

Lamborghinis don't look good in red IMO

Depends on the color of red used. Rosso Mars, Rosso Vik, Rosso Andromeda and Rosso Pyra are awesome shades of red and I'm NOT a red car guy. And also, that truck has a whole lot more body area of paint that a Huracan or Aventador. It's talk so some colors just don't look good on it.

Very true (as I mentioned above). But those headlights and hate for them allowed the entry price to be low on them for a while. I remember seeing 996 turbos with decent miles in the 40K range before Covid. Good buy for a time.

I think the 996 was an awesome version of the 911. They had my favorite GT variant, the Euro only (thought it's now able to be brought in via Show & Display) white/blue (or white/red) GT3 RS. LOVE that car with the blue wheels & decals. It was the "fried egg" headlights. That turned a lot of people off. Who cares. Still a cool looking car and before Covid, was a hell of a bargain for a turbo/turbo X50 car. Those days are long gone.

That seemed to be the major gripes about them, but I never found them offensive. They always looked good to me. Especially compared to this squished+cartoony look.

Yeah they were for sure a STEAL a couple years back! I still regret not grabbing a non-turbo, just didn't have the funds at the time!
cb52a019-097e-4fbd-b50e-e06b3718755d.png

Pretty sure these new car VIN#001 are charity cars. All proceeds go to the charity of the manufacturer. And that makes it a tax write-off for the buyer. Barrett Jackson does it every year.
Yeah the Tundra was for a parapalegic charity. Very nice to see people raising all that money for a great cause.

Interior was another major turn off too. If you compare the interior of the previous generation and generation after the 996, they all look better. Previous generation maintained the 911’s classic look. 996 was plain and ugly. 997 was more modern, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. 996 has common IMS bearing problems that scared off a lot of people too.

Big fan, both of 996s (my next 911 will likely be a 996.2 GT3) and also pastel yellow (my friend has a 993 Turbo in this colour, probably a 400k car in todays market—just stunning).

Yea that’s the whole selling point to me
Me personally I don't want to get a smaller truck than my Tundra. Already kind of tight on space with the Tundra, not really tight on space so much as need more sections of space.
This is insane! Hammered at 550g. Probably VIN# 001
20220128_203744.jpg
I want to say that is the first one because Toyota won't even let you build a TRD yet. Kind of annoyed that the TRD and Capstone are the only ones that get the bigger engine. I think it bumps it up to 476. Why not offer the Limited or Platinum with the bigger engine option?
More insanity lol
20220128_204719.jpg
I come in peace it's all love in here, but my guy we need to get you a better extension cord or a longer one.
Amazon product ASIN B08G1CGL9Q 61gfrbVQSHS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have these around the place, they have overload protection in case of any surges.

I usually have no problem driving in the snow with all my past whips, went out last night during the storm in the city to take some videos and how the hell I almost spin out like 4 times and the snow wasnt even that bad yet. Whatever tires Honda puts on Accord Sports trash. :lol:

Me personally I don't want to get a smaller truck than my Tundra. Already kind of tight on space with the Tundra, not really tight on space so much as need more sections of space.

I want to say that is the first one because Toyota won't even let you build a TRD yet. Kind of annoyed that the TRD and Capstone are the only ones that get the bigger engine. I think it bumps it up to 476. Why not offer the Limited or Platinum with the bigger engine option?

I come in peace it's all love in here, but my guy we need to get you a better extension cord or a longer one.

I have these around the place, they have overload protection in case of any surges.
Nah I’m a bigger the better type cat tundra too small to me. I need a big body.

Yeah, has to be the first one. And lol about the extension cord, I should get a longer one or one like you posted :lol:

Back
Top Bottom